It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Offering no evidence, Trump says Russia will back Democrats in election

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Trump tweeted that yesterday.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

They have communications direct from putin ordering it. Trump was shown last year in January before his inaugeration. He already knows.
It's not the dems claiming it. It's his own intelligence agencies telling him.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

It's so obvious. I honestly don't get how someone wouldn't see it for what it is.

Get ready for all the evidence that they will now so easily recognize that they didn't see before. This is the hypocrisy I've been expecting.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Where is a link ? There is nothing that shows what you are claiming. You may be wearing Ruby Red Slippers, and you may tap the heels together and say it 3 times, but this reality and it still isn't true.

The Intellgence Agencies did an assessment and concluded their indeed was meddling from Russia. No formal investigation because the previous administration mishandled it.

www.google.com...

Here is the definition of assesment:

as·sess·ment
əˈsesmənt/Submit
noun
the evaluation or estimation of the nature, quality, or ability of someone or something.
"the assessment of educational needs"
synonyms: evaluation, judgment, rating, estimation, appraisal, analysis, opinion More

Is it clear yet ?

The so called Intelligence Agencies dropped the ball and really did nothing, and when pressed failed to come up with anything but opinion.

The President and those of us who reside in the real world know and expect Russia and most every other country on the planet to interfere during elections, it a well known fact we do it, and it's a well known fact that Russia did it again, it was not the first time.

The President disputes the intell agencies opinions that Russia helped his campaign. Hillary helped the DJT campaign more than the Russians. Your vote didn't change did it ? Did you secretly vote for DJT because of Russian influence ?

I would love to see one person claim that, but I don't believe one will ever surface. Again, the Intelligence Agencies we depend on failed to identify a well known threat, and when asked simply gave an opinion based on nothing.

The President offered an opinion that Russia will help Democrats, and yes he just like the Intelligence Agencies gave his opinion with zero evidence. Ironically, exactly as you did when you claimed communications direct from Putin, opinion with evidence.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: AboveBoard

It's so obvious. I honestly don't get how someone wouldn't see it for what it is.

Get ready for all the evidence that they will now so easily recognize that they didn't see before. This is the hypocrisy I've been expecting.

are you claiming to be smarter than the IC, which you seem to be such a fan of?

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

The title is not mine. For once I actually agree with the President and I think his assessment and fear is justified. I also think it is interesting he has stated this, which means that internally he may finally be coming to terms with the fact that Russia meddled and most likely swayed the election his way, with or without his knowledge. Coming to terms on this so late in the game would indicate he did not know, or he did not want to believe it.

His fear is -- now that he is starting to understand what has been going on -- that they will go the other way the next time, in an attempt to destabilize us and potentially create conflicts. This is what I think as well. Putin is playing games and he is messing with our politicians, elites and all the way down to our households and our lives. He is dividing people and he will do even worse with the next election.

I believe that if Hillary's health allows it, she will run again, and I suspect it would serve Putin's interests best to change tactics and push the opposite story this time. I believe it to be the Deep State plan as well, for Hillary to get her turn. Just like the President, I have no proof of this, but it is a feeling.

What do others think? Will Russia change sides and start an online campaign against the Republicans this time around?

President Donald Trump said on Tuesday he believes Russia will work hard to sway November U.S. congressional elections toward Democrats and not his fellow Republicans, but provided no evidence to back up his assertion.

American intelligence agencies have concluded that Russia had interfered in the 2016 U.S. election with a campaign of propaganda and hacking to disparage Trump’s Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton and aid Trump’s candidacy, and that Moscow is now targeting the Nov. 6 congressional races.

[...]

Putin himself acknowledged he wanted Trump to win the 2016 presidential race during a joint news conference with Trump after their July 16 summit in Helsinki. Putin denied meddling in the election.

[url=https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia/offering-no-evidence-trump-says-russia-will-back-democrats-in-election-idUSKBN1KE29M]Reuters[ /url]

p.s. Reuters links sometimes don't work for me here, don't know why. I'll leave the link in there as is, and it can be copied and pasted. Thanks for reading.

Link?

Never mind I just noticed your link is broken

edit on 7/27/2018 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Gandalf77

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Gandalf77

I'm choosing not to be a gullible, low information voter. Just because an alphabet agency or elected representative says something, doesn't mean it's accurate. We're a long, long ways from the 1950s.

That's BS, and you're smart enough to know it.
Do you have any factual evidence to counter the information in that indictment?
Or let me guess: It's all one giant fabrication. They made all of that evidence up just to waste tax-payer dollars.
The depths of the liberal deep state I suppose?
Yawn....

America's justice system is built on a principle of the prosecution proving their case, not the defendant proving their guilt. So far no evidence has been brought public... (yeah, yeah, the old fall back has become "they know things they haven't yet disclosed.") There's something significantly askew about the Resistance taking the position that it is somehow Trump and/or Trump supporter's responsibility to prove he didn't collude with Russia. Can't prove a negative, ya?

I'm not talking about Trump or his campaign working with Russia. That hasn't been officially addressed one way or the other yet. Let's let Mueller do his job, run every angle to the ground, and issue his report.

I'm talking about the 12 Russian GRU operatives who were indicted for attacking our electoral process.
Yes, the burden of proof is different for grand juries than an actual criminal trial. They're not deciding guilt.
They see the EVIDENCE and decide whether or not there is probable cause to bring an indictment.
A grand jury of Americans decided there was enough EVIDENCE to charge 12 Russians.

Now I ask you again: Do you have some facts to present that contradict anything presented in that indictment?
Are you going to show us something that proves those guys were NOT doing the things OUR GUYS caught them doing?

Or are you going to tell us these people are just gullible too?

Talk about confirmation bias...

The Grand Jury is a Joke. here is some recommended reading scholarworks.gvsu.edu...
also The Evidence you speak of has been REFUTED and DEBUNKED in this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... so anyone else who wants to argue EVIDENCE can present any case there as that OP has yet to have been refuted.

now about those grand juries.,..

Prosecutorial Dependence One of the most common criticisms of grand juries is that they have become too dependent on prosecutors (Beall, 1998). Instead of looking at the evidence presented to them, grand juries are simply issuing the indictment that the prosecutor asks them to (Beall, 1998). No longer are grand juries serving in their 5 “shield” function, but instead have become a tool of the prosecutor. Originally prosecutors were not always present at grand jury hearings, but by the twentieth century it was quite common (Fouts, 2004). Control of grand jury proceedings is constantly left to the prosecutor and their discretion. Only if the jurors themselves decide to take some control do prosecutors take a slightly less influential role. Prosecutors in theory should remain neutral and give correct and unbiased legal advice to the jurors, but this often is not the reality (Hoffmeister, 2008).

The order in which evidence is presented, how witness are questioned, and what subpoenas are to be issued are all largely under the control of the prosecutor (Hoffmeister, 2008). Unless grand juries realize they have more power than they are often informed of, the prosecutor controls much of what the grand jury does. . Since the prosecutor is customarily the only actor in grand jury hearings with a legal background, jurors quite often listen to the advice that is given. Based on these facts a grand jury is more likely than not to issue an indictment, becoming a “rubber stamp” for the prosecution instead of serving as a separate body (Fouts, 2004). In a trial court victims and the accused are all given certain due process rights protected by the Constitution and other legal decisions (Christofferson, 1998). This is done to protect these individuals from an unfamiliar and complicated legal process. In grand juries these rights are not given (Christofferson, 1998).

hat last one there is undeniable proof that Mueller could be using this for political leverage. as it shows he only needed the jurors ignorant consent to issue an Indictment. Grand Juries are composed of random idiots and have almost no record of representing a "Community of Peers"

Its a dog and pony show of Justice, because they knew russia has no Extradition Treaty with the US.

the fact this hasnt dawned on you is very telling of your "argumentum ad ignorantiam".

try again

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

Also there is this en.wikipedia.org...

Jury makeup The most persistent criticism of grand juries is that jurors are not a representative sampling of the community, and are not qualified for jury service, in that they do not possess a satisfactory ability to ask pertinent questions, or sufficient understanding of local government and the concept of due process.[47] Unlike potential jurors in regular trials, grand jurors are not screened for bias or other improper factors. They are rarely read any instruction on the law, as this is not a requirement; their job is only to judge on what the prosecutor produced. The prosecutor drafts the charges and decides which witnesses to call.[4]

and this too

Intimidation tactic: After a grand jury was commissioned to investigate whistleblowers organization WikiLeaks, grand juries have been accused of being used as an intimidation and persecution mechanism against whistleblowers who have been accused of leaking classified information.[53]

and lets put ketchup and some spicy Mustahd on this baby

Rubber stamp for the prosecution
According to the American Bar Association (ABA), the grand jury has come under increasing criticism for being a mere "rubber stamp" for the prosecution without adequate procedural safeguards. Critics argue that the grand jury has largely lost its historic role as an independent bulwark protecting citizens from unfounded accusations by the government.[54]

Grand juries provide little protection to accused suspects and are much more useful to prosecutors. Grand juries have such broad subpoena power that they can investigate alleged crimes very thoroughly and often assist the prosecutor in his or her job. Grand juries sometimes compel witnesses to testify without the presence of their attorneys.
Evidence uncovered during the grand jury investigation can be used by the prosecutor in a later trial.

Grand jurors also often lack the ability and knowledge to judge sophisticated cases and complicated federal laws.
This puts them at the mercy of very well trained and experienced federal prosecutors.

Grand jurors often hear only the prosecutor's side of the case and are usually persuaded by them. Grand juries almost always indict people on the prosecutor's recommendation.

[55] A chief judge of New York State's highest court, Sol Wachtler, once said that grand juries were so pliable that a prosecutor could get a grand jury to "indict a ham sandwich."

[56] And William J. Campbell, a former federal district judge in Chicago, noted: "[T]oday, the grand jury is the total captive of the prosecutor who, if he is candid, will concede that he can indict anybody, at any time, for almost anything, before any grand jury."[57]

I think its safe to say to anyone reading this between my thread and those facts we can all....
PUT A FORK IN THIS!

now back to the topic of the OP everyone.
edit on 27-7-2018 by AutisticEvo because: PS

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

change the course of history in our great nation, by posting meme's

If thats what they want to stop we better investigate #chan sites. they started all this...

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Some day you're going to ask a question that makes sense. Til then ill humour you.

Yes.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join