It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Offering no evidence, Trump says Russia will back Democrats in election

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I have a pretty long history here and one that is based on researching and digging

Well thanks for letting us all know about your impressive reputation......

Twice on this thread you have attempted to attribute statements to me that I have not written on this thread.

The posts are there for all to read.

Now I have made my points, I am of the opinion that Trump is being very stupid by tweeting and saying just about anything that seems to pop into his head when it come to Russia.

You have a different opinion and that’s fine, this is not about right and wrong, just two people with different opinions.

It’s unfortunate that you seem to struggle with this concept.

Well...if that's the only thing you are going to pick up on then so be it.

Yes...everyone can read you posts.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I honestly don't see how Russia using social media can have an affect on an election. Are there that many people so easily swayed as to vote based on fb memes? If there are people like that I find it hard to believe there are enough of them to actually change the outcome of an election. If I saw a hundred anti-Trump memes today...or I guess I should say another hundred, it still wouldn't make me vote democrat.

Now physically voting in an election you have no right to participate in...completely different story. Should never happen.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
a reply to: vinifalou

And if you’re not an leftist don’t worry, you’re no loser then.

So you fell Ok calling Americans losers? Just because we don't believe what you do we are losers.... hmmm. I get it, You are ok with decimating forests and rivers in the name of corporate profit. I get it. You have no use for the Union working men and women that built this country and brought about labor laws and safety and child labor laws.

I get it, you are big business all the way baby and let the environment and small folk be damned.

You should be ashamed of yourself as should most of the hypocrites on this site lately

The 60s and 70s are all behind us now .
The year is 2018
Even we of the remaining "Liberal Tree-hugging Hippies" for the most part know this.
Time for you to step up into the 21st Century

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
I honestly don't see how Russia using social media can have an affect on an election. Are there that many people so easily swayed as to vote based on fb memes? If there are people like that I find it hard to believe there are enough of them to actually change the outcome of an election. If I saw a hundred anti-Trump memes today...or I guess I should say another hundred, it still wouldn't make me vote democrat.

Now physically voting in an election you have no right to participate in...completely different story. Should never happen.

Well said.

I like Trump for Trump. Not because someone said Hillary is bad.

The fact people cant understand this is baffling.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
a reply to: WarPig1939

Yes let us take every tweet or comment Trump makes as seriously as possible. This is big news people!!!!

Well he is the President of the United States isn't he? That is a pretty serious position. If he does not want to take it seriously maybe he should not hold the job?

He is speaking of another country interfering with our elections....I know you probably think it has never happened before so yeah its a joke....

You do realize there is absolutely nothing in the Constitution nor the President's Oath of Office that prevents a President from having fun while in office , correct ?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

I don't think Putin looks at any of us as a greater or a lesser enemy -- we are enemy. He will support whatever side he needs to in order to cause the most damage.

You know Putin on a personal basis ?
Dang....
You do realize nearly that same thing was said of Gorbachev , yes ?
Before he tore down the wall and brought change to the USSR that basically dissolved the USSR .

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Gandalf77

a reply to: Gandalf77

I'm choosing not to be a gullible, low information voter. Just because an alphabet agency or elected representative says something, doesn't mean it's accurate. We're a long, long ways from the 1950s.

That's BS, and you're smart enough to know it.
Do you have any factual evidence to counter the information in that indictment?
Or let me guess: It's all one giant fabrication. They made all of that evidence up just to waste tax-payer dollars.
The depths of the liberal deep state I suppose?
Yawn....

America's justice system is built on a principle of the prosecution proving their case, not the defendant proving their guilt. So far no evidence has been brought public... (yeah, yeah, the old fall back has become "they know things they haven't yet disclosed.") There's something significantly askew about the Resistance taking the position that it is somehow Trump and/or Trump supporter's responsibility to prove he didn't collude with Russia. Can't prove a negative, ya?

I'm not talking about Trump or his campaign working with Russia. That hasn't been officially addressed one way or the other yet. Let's let Mueller do his job, run every angle to the ground, and issue his report.

I'm talking about the 12 Russian GRU operatives who were indicted for attacking our electoral process.
Yes, the burden of proof is different for grand juries than an actual criminal trial. They're not deciding guilt.
They see the EVIDENCE and decide whether or not there is probable cause to bring an indictment.
A grand jury of Americans decided there was enough EVIDENCE to charge 12 Russians.

Now I ask you again: Do you have some facts to present that contradict anything presented in that indictment?
Are you going to show us something that proves those guys were NOT doing the things OUR GUYS caught them doing?

Or are you going to tell us these people are just gullible too?

Talk about confirmation bias...

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

Well said.

I like Trump for Trump. Not because someone said Hillary is bad.

The fact people cant understand this is baffling.

Its funny, I was actually a bit of the opposite. My vote for Trump was also a vote against more business as usual, or worse. I am glad it was Trump but I am more glad it wasn't hillary. I think 4 years of obama 3.0 would have been a disaster. That having been said, I did like Trump's platform of making America great again.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I don't believe anything that comes from the hateful, agenda driven defenders of the old guard establishment is going to be "the truth." To say I distrust them would be a gross understatement.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby
Boilerplate projection.

But apparently Trumpkins fall for this stuff.

Sheesh.

4th grader posting playground talk
Sheesh
Take it back to the playground.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Pretty sure the states with the most folks benefitting from progressive policies are red.

Let's end the policies and test that assertion, OK?

It really doesn't matter to me who benefits from it.
I think they should raise taxes on rich people and extend more of a helping hand across the board.
Feed the hungry, cloth the naked, visit the imprisoned, love the immigrant/stranger.
Take care of mother earth.
Make love not war. Dig?

No, I most certainly do not dig.

You just listed a series of actions which are absolutely not within the Constitutional scope of the federal government to fund, mandate, or support.

Too bad, we're gonna do it anyway!
Love is coming...

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Pretty sure the states with the most folks benefitting from progressive policies are red.

I think they should raise taxes on rich people and extend more of a helping hand across the board.
Feed the hungry, cloth the naked, visit the imprisoned, love the immigrant/stranger.
Make love not war. Dig?

You just listed a series of actions which are absolutely not within the Constitutional scope of the federal government to fund, mandate, or support.

Love is coming...

I believe Ted Bundy said about the same.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I don't believe anything that comes from the hateful, agenda driven defenders of the old guard establishment is going to be "the truth." To say I distrust them would be a gross understatement.

I expected nothing less :-)

But, I had hoped for more

Funny how we're both Americans - right?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Make love not war. Dig?

Love is coming...

I believe Ted Bundy said about the same.

I've read plenty of true crime books and watched my fare share of Biography, but I don't think I've ever heard that one.
Can you point me to a quote, or is that asking for too much factual confirmation?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

a reply to: Vasa Croe

What's really funny is that it appears you believe all Russians are of the same mindset.

Na, the real joke is they way you just write stuff and attribute it to me even though I never wrote it.

I don’t think I have ever claimed all Russians to be of the same mind set yet you magically pop those words into my mouth.

If your going to respond to my posts, respond to my posts not some random stuff you want to pretend I have said.

Hmmm...so what exactly makes him look foolish then? The fact he invited Putin here and likes him or that Putin is Russian and Russians are bad?

Well it’s just that on the one hand he praises Puitin, claims to Trust him over his own intelligence services then invites him to the White House but yet on the other claims to be the toughest POTUS ever on Russia.

....and nobody is saying all Russians are bad.

In my opinion that looks downright stupid. Now if you are of the opposite opinion then fair enough although I cannot understand how anyone does not find his inconsistencies when it comes to Russia both concerning and stupid.

Before you get any further into this, how about you quote what Trump actually said, so we don't have to just trust your rendition of it. You may be right, but I don't remember it that way. Could be Mandella.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: burdman30ott6

There's something significantly askew about the Resistance taking the position that it is somehow Trump and/or Trump supporter's responsibility to prove he didn't collude with Russia.

Is this really a thing?

I think what The Resistance wants (funny that you even call it that) is evidence to be presented - and the investigation to proceed without any obstruction

Of course they know things that haven't been disclosed. And if you read around, there's a fair number of people in the Resistance - that are prepared to accept what comes. Not everyone, of course - but most rational people understand the process

Do you feel differently? Do you not want to know the truth - wherever it might lead?

I know I do. But if the truth comes out to be nothing, then the last 2 years of dragging Trump through the mud will need a really, really good answer, or it may be time to jail some folks. Don't you agree?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I know I do. But if the truth comes out to be nothing, then the last 2 years of dragging Trump through the mud will need a really, really good answer, or it may be time to jail some folks. Don't you agree?

No - I'll wait to see what the results are before I start talking about jailing people

Nobody wants to believe the worst - least of all me

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

No - I'll wait to see what the results are before I start talking about jailing people

As long as you are willing to deal with the results, I sure am. If somebody's guilty, hang em high. If they are not, then a 2 year investigation would be .......what would you call it.........a witch hunt?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

As long as you are willing to deal with the results, I sure am. If somebody's guilty, hang em high. If they are not, then a 2 year investigation would be .......what would you call it.........a witch hunt?

Sounds a lot like Benghazi.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

a reply to: Gandalf77

I'm choosing not to be a gullible, low information voter. Just because an alphabet agency or elected representative says something, doesn't mean it's accurate. We're a long, long ways from the 1950s.

That's BS, and you're smart enough to know it.
Do you have any factual evidence to counter the information in that indictment?
Or let me guess: It's all one giant fabrication. They made all of that evidence up just to waste tax-payer dollars.
The depths of the liberal deep state I suppose?
Yawn....

America's justice system is built on a principle of the prosecution proving their case, not the defendant proving their guilt. So far no evidence has been brought public... (yeah, yeah, the old fall back has become "they know things they haven't yet disclosed.") There's something significantly askew about the Resistance taking the position that it is somehow Trump and/or Trump supporter's responsibility to prove he didn't collude with Russia. Can't prove a negative, ya?

I'm not talking about Trump or his campaign working with Russia. That hasn't been officially addressed one way or the other yet. Let's let Mueller do his job, run every angle to the ground, and issue his report.

I'm talking about the 12 Russian GRU operatives who were indicted for attacking our electoral process.
Yes, the burden of proof is different for grand juries than an actual criminal trial. They're not deciding guilt.
They see the EVIDENCE and decide whether or not there is probable cause to bring an indictment.
A grand jury of Americans decided there was enough EVIDENCE to charge 12 Russians.

Now I ask you again: Do you have some facts to present that contradict anything presented in that indictment?
Are you going to show us something that proves those guys were NOT doing the things OUR GUYS caught them doing?

Or are you going to tell us these people are just gullible too?

Talk about confirmation bias...

You do realize most people automatically believe a authority figure right? So when th eFBI says they have evidence people tend to automaticaly believe it and agree to their opinions.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join