It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible to live W/O plastic in your life? What would you hav2 Give up, Stop using Change

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
This video was taken July 22 2018 and it got me thinking how would i live if i were to completely stop using Plastic in my life - ALL PLASTIC even the thread that holds my comforter together a complete Ban or boycott so to speak ....

Well Every Where i looked i saw Plastic in one shape or form in literally everything it would be a drastic lifestyle change for one id have to either walk barefoot or ride a horse to where ever i was going no cell phone no anything at all i wouldn't be able to participate in modern society at all....

WOW like AT ALL .... Hmm Would you be able to do ?

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I wouldn't be able to get by doing #. Plastic all over my 2013 Chevy Spark.

Plastic used to make my computer, the montior, the keyboard, the mouse.

Plastic used in my shampoo and soap bottles.

Plastic used for my makeup containers.

Plastic used in most food containers or storage.

Plastic on my cancer stick box.

Plastic. Plastic. Plastic.

I think what we should be focusing on is using recycled plastic products. We know now that plastic never goes away. It just breaks down, to tinier and tinier filaments (is that the right word?) and pollutes and clogs our earth. I like to think of it like cholesterol clogging arteries.

Gotta find a way to re purpose what we already have & drastically slow new production.

I don't think I'd make it living a comfortable modern life without plastic.

-Alee

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Ugh tell me about it. I've been thinking of shredding my credit cards.
edit on 7/23/2018 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

Yes we could hashmuseum.com...

I might give hemp up.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
COOL website i had no idea there was such a thing biodegradable plastic just WOW that truly might be the future if we can survive and the planet doesn't kill us off first ...

Currently, the amount of hemp plastic products commercially available is somewhat limited, mainly due to the restrictions on growing industrial hemp in most of the world. Nonetheless, there are companies that successfully market CD and DVD sleeves, scooters, consumer electronics, designer chairs and even musical instruments made from hemp plastic
edit on 23-7-2018 by TheJesuit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
It’s now leagal to grow industrial hamp here in Tennessee. Two of my friends got in on the state run pilot program. It should help to releve our dependence on petroleum plastics.

Industrial hamp is no good for smoking as it contains almost no THC, but it has hundreds of other uses.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I don't know if you can get rid of all plastic in your life but you can easily stop using a lot of single use plastic items

You don't need a straw.
You can stop buying water in single use containers.

You can use reusable grocery bags.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
There is a lot of doom and gloom around plastics that cause people to recoil and have regressive actions. But alas, there has already been a plastic-eating enzyme discovered that is set to change the way plastics are recycled forever. Keep pushing forward people. Don't be manipulated by the controlling, elitist small-thinking few.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Most of you would have to give up clothing.
Cotton, linen, wool and silk are expensive. Polyester is cheap.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Most of you would have to give up clothing.
Cotton, linen, wool and silk are expensive. Polyester is cheap.

I'd set myself on fire if I had to wear polyester.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I read a scifi novel years ago where scientists developed a plastic eater that completely eliminated the plastic into water vapor. It was supposed to be contained in recycling plants as a highly controlled substance but of course like all good end times novels it gets out.
The first thing effected is an airplane.
I think the title was The Plastic Eaters.

Oh I found it.
Mutant 59 The Plastic Eaters.
With 27 pages to preview.
books.google.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

At this point no. Almost every item purchased is entrenched in plastic at the purchase point by the supplier. I would love to see the return of the simple paper bag and simple cardboard packaging but since plastic is cheaper it is not likely.

And since water from the tap is dangerous to drink in many locales, consumers must purchase bottled water, so in some cases no they cannot give up plastics.

I see people using the biodegradable cloth bags that are "reuseable" but since studies have revealed those things are dangerous to consumers because of how dirty they are after the first use, they end up risking contaminating the food they carry home to their families in them, not exactly a smart solution.

And it's not exactly like you can just wash away all those bugs they have found on them. They are developing enzymes that eat plastic in the landfills and are not dangerous to the environment and it seems it would solve the problems.

So , plastic may be the way to go and save a few trees so we can continue to have the giant bonfires we suffer each summer out west and elsewhere because they have no clue how to perform simple forestry management practices and have stupid save the forest laws to prevent those practices.

Until humans stop throwing trash everywhere because of being too lazy to walk to a trash can we will always see problems with plastic and frankly with regular old paper. Put it in its proper place goes a long way towards helping.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

See my post above. About plastic eating enzymes.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Good luck. It's in everything. Blends of fibers between the natural and the synthetic.
The elastic on your undies is plastic.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
The elastic on your undies is plastic.

Which is why I always go commando.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Is it possible to live W/O plastic in your life? What would you hav2 Give up,

Yep.

These.

www.innovativewealth.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

TMI
You must go through clothing quickly.
Have to wash your pants every day. Or
Ewww...

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
in the woods thats about the only way

electric wires are coated in plastic most citys wont let u live without

no city water and most drains

no tooth brush tooth paste or medication

no medical service or dentist

no bought food everything you would have to kill
to make that even harder u need your own sorce of spices and salt to preserv some food

transport is not possible even owning a horse unless you grow the hay

id imagin all but the fyew who could survive in the woods will die

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Never heard of sunlight is the best disinfectant ?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

That's so strange in fiction but here is the non fiction version. I must have been typing my usual over verbose response because I missed your post during my first read or I am going blind one.

www.google.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join