It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans still do not know what healthy eating is.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
In my life eggs were healthy, unhealthy, and healthy again.
Nicotine products are banned from the majority of public spaces, except for eggplant, tomatoes, and other members of the nightshade family.
Butter and other dairy products are the most recent to be given the OK for healthy eating.

Recent article about dairy fats: www.theatlantic.com...

Can we all agree that as a collective we still do not know what is good or bad for the human diet?

I will concede a constant diet of fast food is probably not the best choice for our health.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Facts:
1. Too much cheese can give calcification. Cheese is made up with calcium. Calcium is very hard to digest. One has to wonder why their poo is rock hard.

2. Too much butter will give you high cholesterol and heart attack that is why Margarine was invented first place duh. Becel.

3. Too much milk just like cheese or butter can also cause calcification and high cholesterol. Relying on milk without water can deteriorate your health making you feel full and thirsty. Don't drink milk like water.

4. Eating too much fried or burnt food is bad for your health and can cause cancer. So fast food everyday isn't an option.

theconversation.com...

What you need is soup food like rice noodle soup, food that has been cooked using pan or wok(stir fry) or even saucy food like curry rice/spaghetti if you don't plan on getting bad health.
edit on 20-7-2018 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
Nicotine products are banned from the majority of public spaces, except for eggplant, tomatoes, and other members of the nightshade family.
Butter and other dairy products are the most recent to be given the OK for healthy eating.

Can we all agree that as a collective we still do not know what is good or bad for the human diet?

I will concede a constant diet of fast food is probably not the best choice for our health.

PH levels.

Watch those and the food will sort itself out.

I ended up about 20% meat, not a lot of diary and eggs don't seem to matter.

My wife ended up with no red meat and the dairy didn't seem to matter.

Genetics, I think.

ETA... we grow and store a lot of our own food so maybe our diet isn't the norm.

edit on 20-7-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Im a vegan. So yes I do know.

If you want a healthy butter substitute, that actually tastes better then butter, try Myokos butter. It is a cultured non dairy product that tastes awesome, and wont clog your arteries

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Friend.

I will pick apart just your second argument, as my link actually refutes all of your numbered arguments about dairy.

For, having reanalysed a study originally carried out in the late Sixties and early Seventies, the scientists have confirmed what many of us have believed to be the truth for years. Margarine isn't better for you than butter. In fact, margarine is ­actually more damaging to your health than butter.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.healthline.com...-of-butter

You can choose to eat as you believe is healthy. I will do the same. Enjoy your soup.
I will enjoy my chosen meals as well.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Exactly right. Our bodies tell us what we need at any given time.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

By being vegan you are dismissing your own biology. But no judgment.

Neither will butter.
You do yours, I will do mine, and we will all enjoy.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Did you have real life experience?

I assume based on your thread title that your saying the media lies.

Butter is in fact not good for people with high blood pressure. My father can't eat butter because it gives him high blood pressure.

I also ate cheese a lot before and got rock solid poo. These are real life experiences. If you find your poo hard and eat cheese a lot better cut down on it for a week or month.

Butter tend to be more expensive for some reason though. There are low fat butter. Butter is basically a bar of fat. Maybe its the way companies made them compare to the old ways. You know whats worst than butter? M$#$#king Mayonnaise. That is like the hard core version of butter. That stuff kills you and doesn't taste as good.

Then again, different manufacturers different (secret) ingredients. If you can churn your own butter, maybe. Maybe the companies deliberately put more fat into butter to screw people over. Who knows.
edit on 20-7-2018 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Why are you speaking in the past tense?
I'm not dead yet.

I'm not saying the media lies, I'm saying science dosn't have an answer. But Media proclaims an answer weekly.

What happens to an individual has no bearing to the population as a whole. All respect to your father.

As the rest of your rant is specific to yourself. See my above comment.

I do agree with you about mayo, but that is again a personal thing and not something to ascribe to the world.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

2. That's not why margarine was invented. It was invented so that travelling armies had a stable fat to carry with them.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

2. That's not why margarine was invented. It was invented so that travelling armies had a stable fat to carry with them.

Thank you ....

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Evidently not many people are reading the OP reference article on milk fats. It was a lie that those fats cause heart attacks and strokes, actually removing them from the milk and cheese makes disease more of a problem.

Butter is not bad for us, it contains butyrate which has some really good healh benefits if you cannot support the bacteria that make it in your gut.

It is going to be hard to convince people that they were misled long ago. The studies on milk fats not being bad for us is pretty darn good evidence to back it. Evidence that appears to be properly applied.

Make sure to get milk fats that come from cows not fed steroids and antibiotics if possible.
edit on 20-7-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I went full Keto last year, never would of considered it as it seemed like all the "bad" I was told not to do my whole life.

Turned out it was the best choice ever, eating Eggs, Bacon, cheese, red meat, etc, and a Year into it, I am healthier than I ever have been. Health issues that plagued me all my life are gone, issues that cropped up later in life due to inflammation also gone.

Every blood test Ive had, my doctor is amazed because every indicator is my health is perfect for my age, something I never thought would be.

Every single bit of diet advice I have gotten had been wrong, its been an eye opener to how wrong we tend to be on issues of "healthy eating".

Point being, Eggs for the win lol.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

And to think, now we go to war to steal the oils...

We just use vegemite. Looks and tastes like oil, but god damn, once you go black, you can't go back.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Not all eggs are made the same. The cheapest eggs that you will find in Food Lion and Walmart are going to be of a poor quality.
The best quality eggs you can get are from small family farms, and they should have hard brown shells and deep orange yolks, and there should be no discrepancy in the albumin. Cheap industrial grade eggs have two layers of albumin and that is not a sign of a clean egg.

The thing about dairy is the same. But goat and sheep dairy will always be superior to cattle dairy. The conditions of the animal greatly effect their products. The most nutritious foods you can eat are vegetables, herbs and spices. You have to be very careful about the animal products you eat.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Serrapeptase and Nattokinase first thing in the AM.

Garlic, Fish Oil, and turmeric with bioperine in the afternoon.

1 oz of Cheese with Vitamin D, Vitamin K2 mk7, and magnesium in the evening.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

PH levels.

Watch those and the food will sort itself out.

I ended up about 20% meat, not a lot of diary and eggs don't seem to matter.

My wife ended up with no red meat and the dairy didn't seem to matter.

Genetics, I think.

ETA... we grow and store a lot of our own food so maybe our diet isn't the norm.

What is happening in Asia or at least Japan is that rice, white bread and beer and sake have put diabetes on the scale of a health disaster.
Also, soft drinks with corn syrup (white syrup) is putting an increase of children with diabetes here, something now that is so common.
Best to eat some sardines, fresh greens, a little pork every 40 days, grass feed cows and chickens that eat bugs.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I heard the Japan diabetes health disaster claim on tge Joe Rogan podcast a while ago, but I think he claimed something pike 25% of Japanese people have Type 2 diabetes, when in fact it's closer to 8%. The number is higher in America.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Funny. Margarine has a much, much lower melting point than butter, meaning it's more unstable in the chemistry of it all. It's hydrogenated oils and compressed to form a 'solid' hence why when it was first invented it had to be pink. It was probably used in the military for cutting costs since daily dairy consumption back in the day was a rather luxury.

A good way to weed out 'good' fats against 'bad' fats is how stable they are at room temp. Or how high their smoke point is. Lower the smoke point, and more stable it is at room temp, means the healthier it is.
Generally it's what people pair with the fats that make them bad. For example a burger and fries from your typical fast food joint.
The veggies, the meat, the bun by themselves are a well balanced meal. But when you start adding french fries, fried in oil and covered in table salt, a sugary drink, and sauces filled with salt and sugar, and usually with cheese added on it's a bad idea.

But, back on topic.

I honestly think if a person sticks to a certain diet, and routines, their bodies will either like it or not like it. And it will show.
I stopped pretty much drinking all sugary drinks, eating anything with added sugar, and even weeded out certain mainstream beers that used corn products.
I also fast everyday, I don't eat from 6-8 PM and then a small breakfast at around 9:30AM on my first break at work, usually some fruit. If I get hungry, I just drink water. But my largest meal is dinner, after I have worked.
Now, like I said, your body will either like it or not, it's just up to you to see the health issues and change or tweak the diet, so don't go eating pasta, 10oz steaks, ft long subs and caesar salads, etc everyday.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

By stable I suppose I meant "won't go rancid on the way to raping and pillaging".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join