It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans still do not know what healthy eating is.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

You do know it is practically impossible to change you Ph levels by adjusting diet, correct?

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

It seems like the government will always come out with a report that something we eat is dangerous to our health and than 10 years later they retract it saying they were wrong, lol.

I recently read a report that an elevated cholesterol level may not be as dangerous as once thought. I'm sure will find out sooner or later.

Cholesterol isn’t bad and it’s not to be feared. It’s a waxy substance in your bloodstream and cells and is used to make cell membranes, hormones, vitamin D, and the bile acids that help you to digest fat. Cholesterol is also vital for neurological function. Cholesterol in the blood does not mean it will be deposited in your arteries and clog them.

Standard recs from the American Heart Association tell you your total cholesterol shouldn’t be over 200 for disease prevention, but what they don’t tell you is that your total cholesterol is fairly meaningless for predicting disease risk (unless it’s very high, over 300 mg/dL).

Guidelines on cholesterol are beginning to change, and we now know that high cholesterol over 200 (Again, over 300 may indicate inherited hypercholesterolemia or excessive inflammation) isn’t an accurate predictor of heart disease.

High Cholesterol: Should You Worry?

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Agreed.
Fear is a great tactic in controlling the masses. Everyone needs food, so it is a great target to use to fearmonger.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Nothing beats simple roasted or smoked meat, butter, milk, fresh vegetables and erbs.

Wish i could eat those things every single day..

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

Nothing beats simple roasted or smoked meat, butter, milk, fresh vegetables and erbs.

Wish i could eat those things every single day..

What do you eat everyday?

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Mostly toothpaste and (SNIP).

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Intermittent fasting with a high protein high fat, low carb diet. 16hrs fast, 8 eat.

Melt fat and get strong. Healthiest I've ever been. Most energy I've ever had.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Evidently not many people are reading the OP reference article on milk fats. It was a lie that those fats cause heart attacks and strokes, actually removing them from the milk and cheese makes disease more of a problem.

Butter is not bad for us, it contains butyrate which has some really good healh benefits if you cannot support the bacteria that make it in your gut.

It is going to be hard to convince people that they were misled long ago. The studies on milk fats not being bad for us is pretty darn good evidence to back it. Evidence that appears to be properly applied.

Make sure to get milk fats that come from cows not fed steroids and antibiotics if possible.

Fats are liposomal carriers that we need to be able to uptake MORE of the other ingredients of the foods we eat.....so when you eat a meal with different veggies and berries and fruits if you DO NOT eat a liposomal carrier with them your body will miss out on a MASSIVE volume of available vitamins and minerals and other good things....we can use any form of fat based liposomal carrier from animal fat to coconut oil.

There are lots of reasons to not drink milk and to avoid lots of dairy products...there are a lot of ways to get all the calcium you need that do not involve dairy products.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
It's not that we haven't figured it out.
We knew how to eat a well balanced nutritional diet years ago. With all of the BS bro-science about health and nutrition and with the BS claims and bogus information that comes from the FDA, our medical care system... and the news *cough, cough* People have simply forgotten how to listen to their bodies and eat intuitively. The whole system as we know it is fabricated... Breakfast, lunch and dinner? Really? Screw that I eat about eleven times a day... when I feel hungry, I eat what I crave. When I start to feel slightly full, I stop.

I am also a Vegan. And I'm a certified boxing trainer and I've ranked up 6 times in Muay Thai and I'm a body builder and yeah, I'm a licensed Master nutritionist.

Everything the dairy industry has told you about milk is wrong.
Everything the on-line nutrition coaches tell you about sugar is wrong.
There is no such thing as a food addict.
Keto, Paleo and/or low carb won't make you lose weight... a calorie deficit will.

Pah-lease... don't get me going!

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: slowisfast

Low carb - creating a calorie deficit = weight loss.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

I eat so many calories it's not even funny. Lot of tasty animal proteins and fats. Never processed foods. Lots of vegetables and eggs. All cooked in butter or animal fat. All by bread intake is naturally leavened putting gut healthy bacteria into my gut.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: slowisfast
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

I eat so many calories it's not even funny. Lot of tasty animal proteins and fats. Never processed foods. Lots of vegetables and eggs. All cooked in butter or animal fat. All by bread intake is naturally leavened putting gut healthy bacteria into my gut.

I bet you do! Good for you!
However, the bottom line is if you're not actually weighing, measuring and tracking your daily calories. You have no idea what-so-ever how many calories you're consuming vs. expelling. And second.... ALL "diet" plans have one thing in common... they create a calorie deficit one way or another.

How diets work for weight loss 101 -
Name: Low Carb - Eat fewer carbs and more foods rich in protein and fats.
How it works: By creating a caloric deficit

Name: Ketogenic - Eat almost no carbs, some protein and mostly fats.

Name: Low Fat - Avoid foods high in fats and eat mostly protein and carbs.

Name: Intermittent Fasting - Restrict your eating period to only a few hours every day.

Name: Weight Watchers - Points based system to help with portion control.

You get the idea.... weather you know it or not, if you're losing weight it's because you're consuming less calories than you're burning. Simple Biology.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join