It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Gunn fired as 'Guardians of the Galaxy 3' director after 'indefensible' tweets resurface

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: andyr1112

Okay cool, so this dudes going to jail lol and your post is toast

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: andyr1112
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

So are you going to answer why you think it's okay for him to post about pubescent adolescents? Or did you just skip over that part

He made jokes a few years ago. You don't have to find them funny to see that he wasn't advocating for sex offenders. He hasn't been spreading HIV and he hasn't been molesting kids - he's posted one-liners on Twitter in the past.

It's cool for you to get the old knickers all bunched up, but you can rest easily knowing he's lost his job over it. What exactly are you arguing for now? Should GOTG be withdrawn from sale too? Should he be on a sex offenders register from here on?

It looks like you want to get some more tar and feathers out for anyone who thinks it was extremely sanctimonious to fire the dude. I mean jeez, couldn't they have made him do the walk of shame on MSM instead? "I have brought shame upon my family, the American nation and Disney. Please forgive me! (sobs)"

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered
a reply to: c2oden

Really?

Because people keep making huge accusations where there is no evidence on this guy that hes anything of the sort.

Yet somehow with someone where there is VASTLY more evidence, they seem to evade or make excuses.

Much like how you seem to not be answering my questions.

I find the hypocrisy amusing and telling.

Look... I know you truly dont support this kind of behavior deep down, so I forgive u for trying to stand up for your beliefs. But if your go in ng to stand their and say this dude ain't a pedo after alll that stuff he tweeted. And now this
mobile.twitter.com...

Its him saying "oh I forgot to tell you guys last night, I read with a convicted pedo" okay now I know you'll take this more seriously yes?????

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

So are you going to answer why you think it's okay for him to post about pubescent adolescents? Or did you just skip over that part

He made jokes a few years ago. You don't have to find them funny to see that he wasn't advocating for sex offenders. He hasn't been spreading HIV and he hasn't been molesting kids - he's posted one-liners on Twitter in the past.

It's cool for you to get the old knickers all bunched up, but you can rest easily knowing he's lost his job over it. What exactly are you arguing for now? Should GOTG be withdrawn from sale too? Should he be on a sex offenders register from here on?

It looks like you want to get some more tar and feathers out for anyone who thinks it was extremely sanctimonious to fire the dude. I mean jeez, couldn't they have made him do the walk of shame on MSM instead? "I have brought shame upon my family, the American nation and Disney. Please forgive me! (sobs)"

Its worse then think....... but I'm not argue with you amigo figure it out urself. Peace and love is what we should be spreading not freakin pedo gossip jokes????

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   

mobile.twitter.com... any uhhhhhh reasoning for this joke?

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: andyr1112

She was 20 something. It was a joke. He didn't have ownership of her **** virginity. Which bit of it is upsetting you?

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Another nail being tapped into the coffin of the first amendment.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   

mobile.twitter.com... any uhhhhhh reasoning for this joke?

Who won that auction?

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered
a reply to: c2oden

Really?

Because people keep making huge accusations where there is no evidence on this guy that hes anything of the sort.

Yet somehow with someone where there is VASTLY more evidence, they seem to evade or make excuses.

Much like how you seem to not be answering my questions.

I find the hypocrisy amusing and telling.

Look... I know you truly dont support this kind of behavior deep down, so I forgive u for trying to stand up for your beliefs. But if your go in ng to stand their and say this dude ain't a pedo after alll that stuff he tweeted. And now this
mobile.twitter.com...

Its him saying "oh I forgot to tell you guys last night, I read with a convicted pedo" okay now I know you'll take this more seriously yes?????

Its a good thing i dont need yours, or anyone elses forgiveness

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I definitely don't agree with ousting someone from a job like this just because they said something offensive on the internet once. That is going way overboard. It is similar to a police state/surveillance state because lots of people do their socializing online and anyone has access to it and whatever you say is forever cemented on the internet, even if you change your views later.
edit on 21amSat, 21 Jul 2018 04:13:46 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I guess he'll just have to come out and say he is gonna live life as a gay man now..

Seriously though, do we take the chance that he learned or changed? That it was all "just a prank (bruh)"?

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 04:38 AM
link   

For all we know there is an entirely different reason this man was fired.

Disney could just be using this as the excuse to get rid of someone they couldn't legally get rid of.

Ether way I have two things to say.

1. I think businesses should have the right to fire anyone for any reason.

2. I don't like were this path of punishing people for words is taking us.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Disney making a judgement over past offensive statements?

Oh the irony.....

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   
The snow flakes got there way.......We live in a post joke society.......

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DieGloke
Remind me where multiple pedophilia jokes are funny?

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: DieGloke
Remind me where multiple pedophilia jokes are funny?

Depends on how #ed up your humour is........

Remind me to to tell you my Madeline McCain jokes

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I'm just going to jump in here with both feet. But first let's get this out of the way:

(post script, he was outed by a CONSERVATIVE news source, because he wasnt a Trump supporter)

That is completely irrelevant. It's wrong. Period. Who did it doesn't matter.

Now, to address the main point: none of us are perfect. None. No one on the left is perfect and no one on the right is perfect. But we're creating a world where perfection is required, and no one, not one of us, and that means you, you, and you reading this, can withstand that kind of scrutiny. We're depriving ourselves of art, humanity, free thought, and all the things we once held dear. And it's not Donald Trump or Barrack Obama doing it. It's us. They're just riding the waves we create.

Guardians of the Galaxy is/was an awesome series, one of my favorites. Now, will it continue to be without the vision of Gunn? Maybe, maybe not. I don't appreciate my little bit of enjoyment in this life being placed in jeopardy by anyone who thinks they have some sort of duty to point out imperfections. What's next? An engineer is fired for making too may typos on a high school book report? A doctor is de-licensed because he voted for Nixon in 1972?

How about you get fired for something you did in elementary school?

I've seen Gunn's offenses. They're disgusting. He should be ashamed. But has anyone ever thought maybe he is? 10 years is a long time... and has already been said on the first page, people do change and grow over time. More important, is it relevant to what he does for Disney?

We are not the moral compass for the world. We need to get over that. We apparently lack even the ability to forgive. And if we do not learn to forgive others, especially for irrelevant things far in the past, we cannot be forgiven for our transgressions either. Everyone needs to think about that.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Why do the left go out of their way defend pedophiles? Its a dont look dont speak policy. This one's about to explode, like the me too movement. Its no wonder that Hollywood and democrats get along so great.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Maybe there is more to the story. If he liked underage boys 10 years ago, its Ok? I dont get this all forgiving logic here when people lives are destroyed for much much less. Btw, I love the Guardians movies, some of my favorites.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: mkultra11

No, it's not "OK"... but neither is a life sentence to misery "OK."

If you don't get the forgiveness angle, then I really pity you. News flash: you're not perfect either. Someday you'll be the one needing forgiveness.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join