It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Gunn fired as 'Guardians of the Galaxy 3' director after 'indefensible' tweets resurface

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: mkultra11

I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the social mob justice I am seeing. That's going to turn and bite everyone on the butt before this is over. It's happened before.

www.history.com...

TheRedneck

Your moral relativity is sickening. Were talking about pedophilia here, its not him being insensitive to women or minorities and sayi.g mean things that liberal dont approve of.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

There's nothing wrong with having a couple of nice T-bone steaks... but I would hide them if surrounded by a pack of ravenous wolves.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

And your lack of reality is sickening. I have already said he should be prosecuted if he broke a law. What is it you want? You want to string him up by a noose yourself and light him on fire? Dismember him in a public square? What?

Here's an idea... the French used the guillotine.

Just a thought.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Trying to teach us to watch our mouth from the start of life.
Next they will be asking to see a diary or journal from when you were a kid.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
The far left and the far right are both bad. When can we get a centrist movement??

Good question. But the answer is probably "never." Centrists don't make good news headlines. We don't riot. We don't hold sit-ins. We work our 40-80 hours a week and by the time the workday is over, we've walked the dogs, made dinner, done the dishes, kissed the kids goodnight, paid the bills and watched our 30-60 minutes of television (or streaming service) we're just too tired.

That makes for a boring news cycle.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

Well morn one time told us employees to give them our login to Facebook and to add. Their Facebook as a liked page luckily I told them I used MySpace yes grandpa that was a long time ago but they wanted to know if we were bad mouthing the company.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

The moment any company wants my personal logins will always happen 1.5 seconds before I resign.

Law of physics, sorry.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

This has nothing to do with free speech, the government isn't forcing this action. This is just capitalism in action, this is consumers forcing action which is the way it should be. With that being said I wish we'd be more consistent in our actions and force bad actors out the ranks for issue non politically motivated or social justice related and more to the effect of responsible effeciency, but too many reside in an emotional complex these days

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

And your lack of reality is sickening. I have already said he should be prosecuted if he broke a law. What is it you want? You want to string him up by a noose yourself and light him on fire? Dismember him in a public square? What?

Here's an idea... the French used the guillotine.

Just a thought.

TheRedneck

Again, read my posts I was talking about people like you defending outed pedophiles. It has nothing to do with free speech or the guillotine. There was no mass outrage, he was exposed and his employer fired him. Look at Their statement, they held him accountable for his disgusting behaviour. They agree with my point of view and you are defending him.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
These kind of mob witch hunts will start with the people who are using their real names on social media. But the mob will come after the people using anonymous names next. So beware what you wish for. If you get off on hunting down every bad thing people say. Don't be mad when they come after you for the horrible ish you said under an anonymous name. The tech exists to tie your real identity to your online one.

I wonder how many people will survive the squeaky clean "perfect" future.

Now before people say. Why are you defending a pedo. I am not. If actual evidence comes out and James Gunn turns out to be a pedo. Arrest him and throw the whole book at him. But I won't get my pitchfork out over jokes. Said the same thing about Roseanne. It is usually when someone has no real evidence that they have to submit jokes made on social media as their whole case.

But I am sure when the trolls on both sides get their caves and under bridges exposed. They will happily fall on their swords for all the stupid stuff they have said. Because it is trolls leading these witch hunts on both sides for political reasons.

South Park with the prophetic win!

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11

originally posted by: DieGloke

No, it's not "OK"... but neither is a life sentence to misery "OK."

If you don't get the forgiveness angle, then I really pity you. News flash: you're not perfect either. Someday you'll be the one needing forgiveness.

TheRedneck

Very stoic defense of a pedophile. You'll be the one needing forgivenes.

With the jokes I tell I already know I am going to hell . Satan has a nice warm spot waiting for me.

I dont find pedophilia an also topic. Only pedophiles find pedophilia amusing.

You don't. Fine but you also don't get to dictate humor to other people.

You know why and a lot of people I use Dark humor? Because the world is #ed up. I use the humor to say sane rather than get depressed.

Dark humor is like food......not everyone gets it

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: andyr1112

It doesnt matter how you "feel"............ There are no facts to back up that assumption

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I read the OP and some of the linked tweets posted throughout the thread. Even had a chat with the missus about it.

My conclusion? This guy got fired because peoples feelings got hurt over someones (dark/twisted) sense of humour.

And for the ones saying he’s been “outted as a paedophile”? Grow up. Accusations don’t mean someone is what you accuse them to be.
edit on 2172018 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

No, it's not "OK"... but neither is a life sentence to misery "OK."

If you don't get the forgiveness angle, then I really pity you. News flash: you're not perfect either. Someday you'll be the one needing forgiveness.

TheRedneck

Very stoic defense of a pedophile. You'll be the one needing forgivenes.

With the jokes I tell I already know I am going to hell . Satan has a nice warm spot waiting for me.

I dont find pedophilia an also topic. Only pedophiles find pedophilia amusing.

You don't. Fine but you also don't get to dictate humor to other people.

You know why and a lot of people I use Dark humor? Because the world is #ed up. I use the humor to say sane rather than get depressed.

Dark humor is like food......not everyone gets it

I know humor and thus isnt. I know the world us fucjed up and pedophiles are a large part of that.
Pedophilia is also all over Hollywood. Raping and molesting children is not dark humor. Its sick perverted behavior that has no place in the world. Disney fired him. So go ahead, you can continue to equivicate this with other for. If comedy or humor.
edit on 21-7-2018 by mkultra11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
I read the OP and some of the linked tweets posted throughout the thread. Even had a chat with the missus about it.

My conclusion? This guy got fired because peoples feelings got hurt over someones (dark/twisted) sense of humour.

And for the ones saying he’s been “outted as a paedophile”? Grow up. Accusations don’t mean someone is what you accuse them to be.

Write an open letter to Disney and demand they give his job back. In fact, you and the other write a joint letter educating Disney of the platitudes of pedophilia and pedophilia humor. . I'll be eager to read it.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Awww. Are you ickle feewings hurt over someone else’s sense of humour?

Diddums.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Diddums.

Great comeback. Probably the best in ATS history.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Diddums.

Great comeback. Probably the best in ATS history.

A lot better than “aaaaaaah! Someone made a joke and my feelings got hurt!”

People will start getting fired for having the wrong hair cut because someone doesn’t like it. The worlds going to crap because of idiots and their feelings.
edit on 2172018 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I can't figure out which is more absurd..... The ridiculous stuff Gun said.........

Or the snowflakes who insist those words hurt them to the point this guy should be fired....

Must suck to be that brittle

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

thank you for the links.
now that i see what he wrote, i understand why disney let him go.
not only that, he was associated with nambla.

this guy has issues.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join