It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Gunn fired as 'Guardians of the Galaxy 3' director after 'indefensible' tweets resurface

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

What he said was stupid. Me and the wife did laugh at the shower joke though. She knows what it’s like being peed on lol (she has a child). Most of the other stuff was just meh.

I’m just sick of the “my feelings got hurt” crowd. It’s like their parents forgot to tell them that people are different and have different senses of humour and find different things funny.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DieGloke

You know why and a lot of people I use Dark humor? Because the world is #ed up. I use the humor to say sane rather than get depressed.

Dark humor is like food......not everyone gets it

Bill Burr used to do a great bit on the subject and there's truth in it. People are scared to pull faces at kids anymore in case they get tagged as a predator. At least Burr can make a #ty subject piss funny.

There's a bunch of popular comedians who've joked about it with varying degrees of laughs. Some are like, "Whoah I can't laugh at that' so the audience groans and others are laugh out loud. Burr, Jefferies, Stanhope, Boyle and at least a dozen others have trawled it for jokes. Stanhope has a comedian mate (can't remember his name) who was molested by a scout leader and they went and confronted the guy. Jefferies had a pervert uncle who he jokes about sometimes.

Like you, I love dark humour and any other style if it makes me laugh. It isn't as simple as the pitchfork crowd think it is and the comedians are complex characters.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Man bad!

Pay back for the last 2 million years. 😂

I agree with you. Going back decades looking for anything is going to whittle Hollywood down to all female movies

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
a reply to: Willtell

Man bad!

Pay back for the last 2 million years. 😂

I agree with you. Going back decades looking for anything is going to whittle Hollywood down to all female movies

Did you just assume gender?

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

What's worse is all the posters saying hes a pedo.... Hes associated with NAMBLA....

That's like saying I go to KKK rallies cause I make a joke about the clan....

Its stupid and baseless

(post by mkultra11 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: mkultra11

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

I’m sorry, but did I miss where he’s been convicted of being a pedophile? That’s right, he hasn’t. Just a bunch of people who don’t like his humour accusing him of being one.

You’d have hated the 80s and 90s with all the “.....walks into a bar” jokes. MAJOR feelings getting hurt.
edit on 7/21/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11

originally posted by: TerryDon79

originally posted by: mkultra11

Awww. Are you ickle feewings hurt over someone else’s sense of humour?

Diddums.

Great comeback. Probably the best in ATS history.

A lot better than “aaaaaaah! Someone made a joke and my feelings got hurt!”

People will start getting fired for having the wrong hair cut because someone doesn’t like it.

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Prove he's a pedophile and is associated w NAMBLA... That's the accusation you leveled
edit on 7/21/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

What's worse is all the posters saying hes a pedo.... Hes associated with NAMBLA....

That's like saying I go to KKK rallies cause I make a joke about the clan....

Its stupid and baseless

Would you claim publicly to be a member of the KKK? You created a false equivalency, He didnt tell a joke about NAMBLA he claimed to be a member. So explain why you think Disney whos market is children should ignore this?

From a business stand point Disney did the right thing this isnt a topic that any of their employees should joke about. No one in their right mind is going to claim to be a child molester so makes you wonder about his mental state as well.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Its stupid and baseless

100% correct.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Would you claim publicly to be a member of the KKK?

I’ll take that challenge!

I’m a member of the KKK, freemasonry and nambla. We like to give white kids special handshakes.

Does that now make me a member of all 3?
edit on 2172018 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I’m a member of the KKK, freemasonry and nambla. We like to give white kids special handshakes.

Beat me to it....... Yep that's the logic were working w

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I'm not defending him as much as I am condemning the social mob justice. And it has everything to do with guillotines. Read up on history, what happens when the public outcry gets to this point. Read about how many people met the guillotine in France, well after Louis and Marie Antoinette. Read about how the mob turned on those who started it, time and time again, executing each in turn.

This is where you are going... where we are going with people like you leading the way. We have laws against pedophiles, and I completely support them, but this is not about a pedophile... if it were, there would be a court and attorneys involved. This is about the law is too slow, so take the law into your own hands and do it right!

Sadly, all that tunnel vision seems to be clouding your view. Oh, well, no matter... we'll just have to repeat the lessons of history. Carry on... where were you? Oh, yeah... bad guy! Someone get a rope!

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

I think you would have to look deeper in to the terms, conditions and policies Disney has in place to protect itself from public image issues such as this.

Disney will drop you real quick if you do something that may cause them PR problems and it doesn't take much to cross that line.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Brave on an anonymous message board where no one can trace it back to you. Try posting it on a Twitter account to all your friends and family. Or go to your boss and say i like having sex with little kids. By the way if you think joking about raping kids is funny your wrong and you should seriously seek help.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Their own playbook is getting used against them, to the extreme. It is going to get a lot worse before it gets any better unfortunately.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I haven't ever claimed to be a member of the KKK, but I did get drunk one night and walk through the black section of town, knocking on doors and asking if anyone knew where I could buy a Confederate flag. The guy that was with me (the one that was begging me to shut up and go home, lol) was scared to death... the guys I was 'harassing' were laughing their butts off at the silly drunk white guy.

I know a guy who used to have a running joke that he was a lesbian trangender (he was straight). You might have to think about that one...

People do crazy things in the search for a little humor in their lives, and sometimes people get uptight about it. That's on them.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Brave on an anonymous message board where no one can trace it back to you.

Actually, I’m very easy to find on twitch and from there on Twitter. Pretty sure I’m easy to find on Facebook, LinkedIn and a few others too.

By the way if you think joking about raping kids is funny your wrong and you should seriously seek help.

Oh, I’m really sorry. I completely forgot that we all should have the same sense of humour, same haircut, same clothes, same boring “my feelings got hurt by a joke so I’m going to cry” mentality.

Hey, here’s another one! Does it make me racist?

Has anyone seen images or videos of Muslims in mosques and thought it looks like someone’s playing a big game of Guess Who and, just as they’re all bowing, someone says “does he have a beard?”
edit on 2172018 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

Both the left and the right need to stop this crap and stop gunning for people for NO reason just because they dont agree with them politically.

Yep.

and appreciate the pun ('Gunning' - heh)

anyway. I took a class from James Gunn way back when, in creative writing. We tried sci fi. Also much later took a screenwriting class from Richard Walter (bro of Jessica Walter). Had some very good teachers!

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I completely agree.

The other thing is, he did apologise for the jokes. Not just now but in the past. It seems that once a man is condemned, that's it - he's condemned for life.

And he actually didn't kill, rob, steal, cheat or, more importantly, actually DO anything to kids. Nothing.

He made some jokes, sure, poor taste maybe. But the precious snowflakes of today feel it necessary to ruin the man's career. And in my opinion, the 2 GOTG films helped transform the MCU film franchise.

Shame. Years of achievement undone because of bad jokes 10 years ago which he regrets and apologised for.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join