It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirit Material?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: InTheLight

The universe might, but if she does she not willingly giving up that secret willy-nilly.

Further understanding of consciousness and/or how such emerges is required i imagine.

Or, the universe does give up that secret, but humans at present are simply oblivious to it, ignorant of it. Some humans may understand it, but they are scorned in the way only humans can.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Salander

The universe might, but if she does she not willingly giving up that secret willy-nilly.

Further understanding of consciousness and/or how such emerges is required i imagine.

Or, the universe does give up that secret, but humans at present are simply oblivious to it, ignorant of it. Some humans may understand it, but they are scorned in the way only humans can.

Some scorn while others have a healthy skepticism of this subject because we have yet to develop tools to measure and prove something that which cannot be seen or understood actually exists.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Salander

Well, perspective seems to be the key.

We won't learn much still trapped on this rock, need to get out there and learn to adapt and overcome obstacles thus further our knowledge and understanding of our race.

Be we need to do it together, it's just to big to tackle whilst we remain divided as a species.

Fact is we won't know until we go.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Healthy skepticism is always a good thing, but the other part of the equation is that humankind's body of knowledge is notoriously inadequate.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I have always like Edgar Mitchell's thoughts on spirituality and consciousness. Somehow it is energy.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

All that appears is made of spirit - it maybe assumed to be made of matter - but spirit is manifesting as what is appearing.

It is like waves are made of water - the wave is not separate or different from water.

All that is, is nothing appearing as something.

Emptiness is forming.

So, you think spirit has no matter, rather that spirit manifests matter. So we are back to square one, of what is spirit composed.

Spirit is manifesting as what is appearing.
Spirit is not a thing but appears as an image - this entire present image.
Can anyone go outside the present image to see if there is anything outside?

I certainly can't, if I could I'd venture out to the ends of the known universe to see what lies beyond, but then I'd have a desire to venture beyond even further.

Even if you went beyond all universes - the image that would be appearing would still be the present image. You can never be separate from the presently appearing image.

edit on 8-7-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

All that appears is made of spirit - it maybe assumed to be made of matter - but spirit is manifesting as what is appearing.

It is like waves are made of water - the wave is not separate or different from water.

Emptiness is forming.

So, you think spirit has no matter, rather that spirit manifests matter. So we are back to square one, of what is spirit composed.

I certainly can't, if I could I'd venture out to the ends of the known universe to see what lies beyond, but then I'd have a desire to venture beyond even further.

Even if you went beyond all universes - the image that would be appearing would still be the present image. You can never be separate from the presently appearing image.

So we are back to square one - the all - and we have no idea what that is.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Emptiness is forming.

So we are back to square one - the all - and we have no idea what that is.

I suppose you would like a word or label - but it is this that is constantly here - have a look - it's right here always.
Do you want ideas about reality?
What is seeing?
What is appearing?

It's this right here.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
.. for "spirituality", inquiry into Reality, into our true condition, words/ideas are worse than useless. They are potentially our biggest impediment.

This is because we may tend to assume that the objects/actions which words refer to, ACTUALLY EXIST IN THE WAY THE WORDS THAT REFER TO THEM SEEM TO DEFINE THEM. That is, we may tend to view our experience as being actually made up of the objects and actions that the words we are using to describe it imply.

This is a fundamental mistake, due to the fact that ALL experience is in actuality an infinite, constantly changing, non-repeating, indefinable (in any final way), unpatterned field of miraculously appearing Radiantly Present "energies" existing nowhere else than IN experience, perceived by unknowable, miraculously appearing "consciousness". But our use of words implies that objects and actions may actually exist in the way we refer to them, as knowable, definable objectively existing "beings", "things" and "situations".

This is actually NOT the case. theopendoorway.org...

A Physicist can't tell you what a chemical 'is'.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

It's all energy mate, after all we exist with the explosion and singularity that is the Big Bang.

Frequency and vibration dictate that state of matter in our universe, but in the end, its all made out of energy.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

For some of us Itisnowagain, it is not fun (as Peter Brown stated) being left in the dark or just accepting what it is, it is.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

For some of us Itisnowagain, it is not fun (as Peter Brown stated) being left in the dark or just accepting what it is, it is.

Does what is happening, occurring, appearing presently need anyone to accept it before it can appear? This is arising without condition - whatever this is that is arising is dissolving - it needs no permission to do this.
Labels and words that try to define whatever is happening are also arising and subsiding.
No thing ever actually happens - spirit is constantly appearing different.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Does what is happening, occurring, appearing presently need anyone to accept it before it can appear? This is arising without condition - whatever this is that is arising is dissolving - it needs no permission to do this.
Labels and words that try to define whatever is happening are also arising and subsiding.

Perhaps some us are more questioning than others and whatever is arising then dissolves and needs no permission to do this - some of us want to understand the process and perhaps control it.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

It's all energy mate, after all we exist with the explosion and singularity that is the Big Bang.

Frequency and vibration dictate that state of matter in our universe, but in the end, its all made out of energy.
in the sense that everything is made out of energy somehow, I can’t help but agree with you, but for those who are Saying that spirit is energy, it is not as though we are looking at some spirit and we just can’t figure out what it is made of. It’s that people claim that there is this stuff called spirit, and it does stuff, but we don’t see it or feel it or detect it in any way, but people seem to know all about it and swear that it is there.

My point being, that nobody should be assuming anything about it until we can prove that it exists and that it’s doing stuff. It’s not even like there is some math that shows that we should expect to see some force like what people describe.
edit on 8-7-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Perhaps some us are more questioning than others and whatever is arising then dissolves and needs no permission to do this - some of us want to understand the process and perhaps control it.

Perhaps when the answer is found the questioner will vanish.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
My point being, that nobody should be assuming anything about it until we can prove that it exists and that it’s doing stuff. It’s not even like there is some math that shows that we should expect to see some force like what people describe.

What is there really?
Where are you going to investigate and what is actual for you to investigate?

What (as a scientist) is there to look at?

What is it that is looking?

Saint Francis said 'We are looking for what is looking'.

Have you ever seen what is seeing these words?

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Considering 95-96% of our universe is still unobservable to us who knows what really out there?

For all we know life is everywhere and we simply cannot perceive it, we might be the anomaly considering we exist within only 4-5% of our observable universe.

Math is indeed the key. With Phi, Pi, and G being of significant interest and probably dictates some form of underlying code/rhyme/reason as to the reality we experience.

edit on 8-7-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Today many people who call themselves scientist are not objective truth seekers and are very dogmatic.

10% of people experience Out of body experience from what i heard regardless if they are religious or not. I have played around with low level synchronicity/psi manipulation and it is probably manifested thru entanglement.

www.quantumconsciousness.org...

Here is a model for how awareness happens in the cell. The funny things is that people who are "Materialist" dogmatic priests will say anything and will not follow observation.

If you seek objective truth you will in the end find objective truth. (seek and you shall find).

The body can be tuned to feel subtle energy flows and increase both spiritual water (vibrating energy) and fire (heat energy). Vibrating energy is what causes bliss feeling in the nerve cells (can be though of an equivalent to AC). Fire [Heat] energy equivalent to DC.
edit on 8-7-2018 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: xBWOMPx
e

originally posted by: Moongirl
Would anyone know what are spirits made out of?

From my personal experiences when I was young and meditated through out my younger teenage years there is most certainly a life after this physical realm, I studied muay thai for 3 years and in order to be trained I had to meditate and learn to control my energy for disciplinary purposes. I use to know how to raise my body temperature by a couple degrees, I had to to prove self control. My trainer told me the purpose is to keep my mind sound and pure so I dont use my talent to hurt others. Meditation will help you grow a conscience in a nut shell, anyway, I was curious to OBE and asked if it existed and he pretty much said yes and then explained to me how I had to keep myself grounded to protect my self from evil entities that could potentially effect my life. When you are born your conscience or aka soul/energy comes from somewhere, I have my faith to know from where but where it comes from does not have a beginning nor does it have an end. And when you die it ultimately goes somewhere else rather it be to heaven, to be a part of a massive collective awareness or a spiritual realm where time does not exist. You can choose what to believe but through my experience of OBE it most certainly exists and when I had that experience it gave me great comfort to life after death. I myself have come to a conclusion a year ago that I accept Jesus Christ and the holy spirit. All my life i never believed in that and the day I did sounded so crazy to me but I had no choice after experiences and evidence. Anyways, your free to believe in what you want but I can assure you there is something after your death so make this life count, it was obviously a gift others seek to take from you in the after life.

I don't have time to meditate unless Im going to sleep

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join