It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Says, "Hell yes, Putin wanted Trump for President

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Yeah. Your CNN article.

I meant something other than arm waving. Something like Trump saying "Russia attempted to interfere in our election and is continuing to do so. We are actively fighting those efforts." Not, "Putin says he didnt' do it."

However, Coats appeared to walk back that answer later in the hearing when asked to clarify the response, telling lawmakers that he was describing ongoing discussions about combating cyber threats more broadly and not within the specific context of Russian election interference.

Asked then if he has heard anything from White House on directly responding to Russian election interference, Coats said, "there obviously is concern about this ongoing effort of Russians to interfere with our elections."
www.cnn.com...

You mean that investigation going on right now? Yeah, that would never happen.
Yeah, that's the one. The one that Trump, and Nunes, would like to see gone. Because they don't like it.

edit on 7/4/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   

it was pretty obvious what he wanted. What happened to all that war talk? Not a peep..

Again it does not prove Trump did anything

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No. But Congress did, and Trump finally acceded.

How long did "finally" take?

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Guess we can't quote RT any more.

The ICA provides a summary of Russian state media operations in 2012 and notes that RT (formerly Russia Today) and Sputnik are coordinated Russian- state platforms.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

So the Senate IC basically said. 'We agree with NSA who don't really know'

Which report were you reading?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Democrats always pooh-pooh the reports from these bi-partisan intelligence committees. They say, "It's run by Grassley, a Republican!", or "It's run by Nunes, a Republican!"

Anyway, Russia did America a YUGE favor! When the liberal MSM, Schumer, Pelosi, and similar nut-jobs finds out that Trump-Putin are going to have a "secret" 30 minute meeting this month, like Trump did with Kim Jong, they will squeal like pigs! Love it!!

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Six, seven months.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Why is there no thread on this?

Maybe no one really cares any more. I think we all know how badly Putin did at interfering with the election.

Trump chews out NATO and the government does nothing to combat Russia's ongoing efforts to meddle.

Oh, so Russia wants us to sanction them. OK, hadn't thought of that.

The Russians like "Republicans" like Trump.

I wasn't aware Putin voted for Trump.

TheRedneck

You're aware that the President has not carried out several different sanctions against Russia at this point, right?
Ref: Trump’s Attitude Toward Russia Sanctions Makes a Mockery of the United States

The President is not doing his job, ignoring laws passed by Congress and signed by himself. This is in flagrant violation of his duties under the Constitution he swore to uphold.
edit on 1Wed, 04 Jul 2018 01:11:25 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Anyway, Russia did America a YUGE favor!

How so?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   
You're all over the place. You can look up the facts of the long history of Russian meddling on your own time. You brought up the ICA report in this thread (your thread) and said Trump lied. I read the report which didn't state collusion or proof of actual influence. And you haven't been able to cite proof of your claims. Do you want to try to deflect more to run in another circle or do you want to actually defend yourself?
edit on 4-7-2018 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Any nation that had a preference of candidates would use propaganda to aid in the election of the canidate they desire. This practice has been going on for many generations.

So what if Putin preferred Trump? Are you suggesting that people vote based on media propaganda apart from intellect. I think the pro Hillary propaganda in the US was 10 fold any propaganda spun by the Russians.

I would like to know if the US plans on stopping it's policy of regime change around the world. I mean the finger pointing goes both ways. Hitler would be proud of our death count. Do you think that might have something to do with Putin's desire to see someone not part of the globalist agenda elected?

This is a bunch of nothing.

edit on 4-7-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   

You're all over the place.
Trying not to be.

You brought up the ICA report in this thread (your thread) and said Trump lied.
He did. Oh, he's good at couching his words. I'll give you that.

I read the report which didn't state collusion or proof of actual influence.
The report does not address collusion. You're playing Trump's games.

Do you want to try to deflect more to run in another circle or do you want to actually defend yourself?
Nah. I'm already getting blisters on my fingers.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: highvein

Did they forget about Peter Strzok?
I don't know.
Was Strzok one of the analysts they interviewed?

He should have been. He was one the FBI official working on the investigation.

If they did then that just shot their credibility in the foot. If they didn't, then they didn't complete the interview process which also shoots their credibility in, yes you guessed it, the foot.

This will tell you why.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

Anyway, Russia did America a YUGE favor!

How so?

By doing what they could to help Donald Trump beat Hillary. I'm just responding to your title, and assuming it's true. Haven't read the Senate report.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   

You're all over the place.
Trying not to be.

You brought up the ICA report in this thread (your thread) and said Trump lied.
He did. Oh, he's good at couching his words. I'll give you that.

I read the report which didn't state collusion or proof of actual influence.
The report does not address collusion. You're playing Trump's games.

Do you want to try to deflect more to run in another circle or do you want to actually defend yourself?
Nah. I'm already getting blisters on my fingers.

But you are.

Still no proof of any lies (and trust me I'm not surprised by this).

And yet I'm not wrong about that statement.

Blisters on your fingers and still failed to provide a shred of proof. Better luck next time, I guess.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Any nation that had a preference of candidates would use propaganda to aid in the election of the canidate they desire.
Whataboutism? That makes it ok? Covert efforts to influence US elections?

Are you suggesting that people vote based on the media propaganda.
So, campaign advertising is pointless? All those millions cast to the winds. But after witnessing how obvious Russian trolls guided conversations on ATS, I'm pretty sure that some people were influenced.

I think the pro Hillary propaganda in the US was 10 fold any propaganda spun by the Russians.
Didn't work, but at least it was American propaganda.

I would like to know if the US plans on stopping it's policy of regime change around the world.
Me too. I wonder if Trump is going to abandon Syria to Russia.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   

a reply to: notsure1

But no matter how much you really really need it too it does not mean Trump had anything to do with it.

Why does Trump take Putin's side? "He says he didn't do anything."

WHY do you keep repeating that? It's incidental, and not relevant at all.

Did Putin say that, or not?

Lemme 'splain what I mean...

OK, so Putin says "I didn't do anything".

Then Trump says "Putin says he didn't do anything".

How is that taking sides?

That's a completely true statement. It doesn't MATTER if it's a statement OF truth, or not.

Do you not understand the difference between a "True statement" and a "Statement of truth"?

Did Putin say it?
Yes

Did Trump SAY he said it?
Yes

Explain to me how that constitutes "Taking sides"?

Either Putin said that, or he didn't.

Are you saying Putin DIDN'T say it? Because if Putin DIDN'T say that, then yes, Trump lied.

So tell me, did Putin say that, or didn't he?

Now, I'll repeat my question. Why do you keep saying that over and over, and how is it "Taking sides"?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   
So the Russians hated Hilliary as much as we did.
My respect for them just went up another notch.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

Now, I'll repeat my question. Why do you keep saying that over and over, and how is it "Taking sides"?
Because he chooses to say that instead of accepting the conclusions of his intelligence sources.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

That is the underlying question, isn't it?

If, and honestly, it's not much of an if, the Russians tried, however ineffectively, to influence the election in favor of Trump.

How? By paying for advertising, and what ever other methods they may have used? So? Given how close the election was...it was rather ineffective. It certainly didn't make me take a shot of vodka, and vote for Trump, because I didn't. Didn't vote for her, either. Nor did a lot of people.

Nor was it anything at all new. Foreign interests have been playing around in US elections since Day One. Just as the US has played around in foreign elections since, well, probably Day Two.

Other than sour grapes, and sore losing, how is this, in any shape or form, different?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join