It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White People Will Be Outnumbered By Hispanics In Texas Within 5 Years

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Nyiah

It doesn't happen like it used to unless you get out on the ranches....but i've seen immigrant kids kept isolated from normal american culture. For several generations.

A great example of this is the Mennonites, who typically speak German unless business requires English or Spanish. They move amongst us as oddities, and do not interact at all without necessity.

Exactly, it's not common anymore. Even the Amish interact with the outside world a bit more than they used to.

Speaking of the Amish, would posters consider them adequately American? It would seem to me that they're given a pass on being chided for not integrating and being more isolated than the average immigrant.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Anyone with a legal right to be here is American.

And anyone who would pick up arms to defend my neighborhood is my brother.

The former matters far, far less to me than the latter. That said, i have to yield to the rule of law for the sake of civility.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Sorry, What?!
Let me check the map..
So, you are saying that the central american people are coming back to what it used to be Mexico??

*And again Hispanic reffers to Spain and Spanish things.
**Let me remind you that alongs worlds history, we "the white" have most of the times been the minority.
***Sorry for something dont want to hurt your feelings. =D
edit on 9752431x0000003705pm731 by Bitxushanty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
What's the hubbub again?

Hispanic/Latino folks I personally know are some of the most honorable, hardest-working, family-oriented folks I've ever met.

Besides, er, I hate to break it to folks, but Hispanics (i.e. ancestry from Spain) derive from Caucasian Europeans.

At least as Caucasian as many many Americans. (For example, I'm Scot-Irish, but my great-great-great grandmother was African, and I'm from the South so I'm an nth bit Cherokee.)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

So, like, waaaaay better food then?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Southern Guardian

White English speaking people overtook Native America Indians to become the largest population group in North America.

So no problem then with Hispanics in Texas.

Hispanics have European ancestry the same as American Whites.
So why is it nobody holds them to the same standard?
They wiped out plenty of indigenous tribes throughout Central America.
Colonizers on both sides of the border.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Bitxushanty

*Let me remind you that alongs worlds history, we "the white" have most of the times been the minority.

2+ plus billion Chinese and Indian prove that truth.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

and I'm from the South so I'm an nth bit Cherokee.

Only if you have the paper work to prove it.

See the Dawes Rolls.

Racists,Racists everywhere.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: wickd_waze

Was there a line out the door? Because that's how you know it's good eatin'.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I don't know when Latino became a race. It used to be your culture. Or you'd say I'm Dominican or Columbian or Cuban or Puerto Rican but those are nationalities. They were considered Caucasian like Greeks or Italians or Arabs . Darker skinned but white. I don't know when that changed. Someone needed to isolate them out for some reason.
With all the mixing on the planet we're headed for one race...human.
edit on 732018 by Sillyolme because: Wow that some crazy auto correcting.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

We did the same with Africa, and the new world, you guys.
There was a time in wich Portugal and Spain made a treaty to divide all the new world in two halfs: one for Spain and the other for Portugal (Treaty of Tordesilhas Treaty)...
The thing is: open your mind a bit, get out and see the world!
Then, realize that you are on their land and they dont mind to share it with you.

edit on 9935031x0000005405pm731 by Bitxushanty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I don't know when Latino became a race.

In the 1990s.

Where identity politics was created.

Because simple being an American isn't good enough.

Hypenate them(segregate).

In the spirit of political incorrectness.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

The term "identity politics" has been in use in various forms since the 1960s or '70s, but has been applied with, at times, radically different meanings by different populations.

Citation

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

LOL
Dudes i dont really wanna be mean or anything, but latino is a reference to Latin speaking countries like Spain, Italy, Portugal...
Cause a Mexican, or any other Spanish speaking people in all americas, are not like spanish at all;
The same brazilian are not like the Portuguese, or the Angolanos...
They are diferent people with diferent cultures and manners and very diferent in all senses.
Its weird for us that you say "Latinos" since they dont live in the mediterraneo.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Bitxushanty

Well...our federal and state governments dont seem to agree. And we are using their vernacular

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
What about the white Hispanics, do they count?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Okay, is it just me or does this whole thing seem absolutely ridiculous???

Anglos came from Anglo-land (England) originally.

Hispanics came from Hispania (Spain) originally.

Both groups have interbred with others over the years ... which is another fact that makes concepts like "racial purity" so assinine ...

In the United States, for statistical purposes, we maintain data on racial/cultural groups, right?

What am I missing???

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
If everyone wants to live in Mexico without moving from the US keep the borders open.
We'll get the same levels of corruption and violence eventually that they are running away from.
You can't just move people around and expect them to not bring their problems with them.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I had the joy to travel and live abroad always aware of the european stamp, and never felt fair;
Met a lot of people in 1rst world Europe that couldn't and didn't had the same oportunities for living conditions i did, the thing is the African and south american people here, have to pay to live.
Cause their "ilegal" they can be paid cheap, the bosses dont pay taxes of it, theu have to pay more for housing and everything else.
So we the 1st world have this system, in wish we allow the few to profit with a lot of peoples misery.
Thats the awful truth
The american cliche of the maid
and the ammount of jobs we would refuse to do.. cause we're priveleged.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

What am I missing???

An agenda.
Don't worry about it.
You're golden.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join