It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Triangular UFO Found: Red Lights in Pacific Ocean (2014)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: peacefulpete

I said they look like dim LED lights... because that's what they look like. Much more than resembling blaring spotlights from boats.

So you have seen a dim LED light from over 10kn away to say it looks similar?

I have seen massive spot lights from a plane that resemble this,

Dim Led lights would not be visible from a such a distance or altitude.

Or do you mean they look like dim LED lights when you look at your alarm clock for example that has dim LED lights?

Because we are talking viewing from a distance of over 300000 feet.

at that distance/altitude you really think you would see a dim LED light?

Yes, the map would theoretically allow us to calculate the exact position and number of miles, but I'm not really about to start trying to calculate that out. For one thing, I live on the other side of the planet, so I have no sense of familiarity or scale for his map.

Like I said,

exact coordinates are give,

open google maps, it gives you scale

if the scale is 1cm = 100km then you look where the coordinates are and place a ruler on your screen, if its 1 cm then he was 100km from the coast.

Its not hard to use your brain, its very easy to spout nonsense though.

Your sentences about fishing boats not catching fish and whatever, are not even coherent statements.

Like I said its not hard using your brain.

If you don't catch fish you get paid, you cant pay for your crew or other expenses so your idiotic comments about fishing boats are just that idiotic and are coming from ignorance.

My logic stands, that for a poor undeveloped country, of course the boat will go out far enough to catch fish, and no farther. The fishermen are literally starving.

The fishermen are starving?

Do you know them or are just spouting more nonsense?

They're not going to waste time and resources. They need to get back and buy food and support their family in the morning.

Ah so you think money grows on waves instead of trees and that is how fishermen get paid?

Buy food?

They are fishing?

Why buy food, why not just eat fish?

If the fish is not for eating but selling how do fishermen buy food for their families if they have no fish to sell?

Maybe save up and buy a pair of shoes for their kids.

The fishermen save up and buy a pair of shoes for their kids?

The fisherman who goes out and comes back with no fish to sell?

You don't see a fault in this logic?

And regardless all of that, the specific area he was flying over, is known to be void of boats.

so please show how this is known?

I suggested the only way you or the pilot could claim this is via observation 24/7 of that area.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
^ Lol. I'm not about to talk for 10 pages about the word "dim."

What I originally said was that the lights look like "relatively dim LED lights." As opposed to blaring boat spotlights.

exact coordinates are give, open google maps, it gives you scale if the scale is 1cm = 100km then you look where the coordinates are and place a ruler on your screen, if its 1 cm then he was 100km from the coast. Its not hard to use your brain, its very easy to spout nonsense though.

Well then do it and show us how easy it is, and how brilliant you are, in calculating exact miles, from maps of unfamiliar areas, without the scale given (AFAIK).

Like I said its not hard using your brain. If you don't catch fish you get paid, you cant pay for your crew or other expenses so your idiotic comments about fishing boats are just that idiotic and are coming from ignorance.

Third-world poverty and starvation trumps all of that. They go out at night, they come back in the morning, they buy food for their families and shoes for their starving kids. That's how I figure it works in impoverished countries, and it's extremely logical.

We know the area doesn't have boats because that's the report of an experienced plane pilot.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Yes. He is unintelligent if he doesn’t know boats and ships have red lights (which they quote clearly do).

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

I'm right that the photos are from an area that doesn't have fishing boats.

So you can show a web cam set up or something that observes that area 24/7 that will show no fishing boats ever went in that area?

seriously some of the ignorance you display is why I initially thought you were trolling.

Cars at night are quite visible from a plane, not only for their headlights, but for their dark shapes against an illuminated road.

Well, maybe right?

you seemed really sure then you don't think you ever remember a car disappearing...... going off your memory of flights you've been on to this

I'm pretty sure that once you break the cloud cover you can see roads and tiny little cars.

Ah OK you are pretty sure.

Well I was last on a plane in March, and I wasn't particularly focused on picking apart the exact details of altitude and visibility.

But as far as I remember, in dozens of plane flights of my life, the roads and cars simply don't disappear from altitude. Cloud cover yes, altitude no.

This can't be hard to find photos and videos if you are so intent on arguing that altitude makes cars and roads invisible.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Yes. He is unintelligent if he doesn’t know boats and ships have red lights (which they quote clearly do).

Yep, it's very logical to assume that accomplished veteran plane pilots are stupid and incompetent.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: peacefulpete

Yep, it's very logical to assume that accomplished veteran plane pilots are stupid and incompetent.

It is if they don’t know something very obvious.

Do you really believe boats and ships don’t have red lights?
edit on 1872018 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: peacefulpete

It is if they don’t know something very obvious.

Do you really believe boats and ships don’t have red lights?

What I really believe is the pilot's own analysis:

"Fishing fleet:

...Does not explain the red color and the size of the individual lights.

Also, the position so far out in the Pacific does not make sense."

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Boats and ships have red lights. Your pilot (who clearly knows nothing about boats and ships) is wrong.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

]

of coarse not

its obvious why you wont address questions and then say you wont talk about things.

What I originally said was that the lights look like "relatively dim LED lights." As opposed to blaring boat spotlights.

I agree they look like dim LED lights just from looking at the dim colors in the image but not if we are try to compare what it looks like from that altitude.

and its the photo that is being discussed like you said.

Well then do it and show us how easy it is, and how brilliant you are, in calculating exact miles, from maps of unfamiliar areas, without the scale given (AFAIK).

I didn't say its 900 miles, if you want exact miles I gave you a very easy way how to find out.

I could care less about how many miles away from the coast he was.

Just read what I said, scale is there if you know how click to open google maps.

You have exact coordinates, input them into google maps and use the scale given on google maps to work the distance if it really concerns you.

Third-world poverty and starvation trumps all of that. They go out at night, they come back in the morning, they buy food for their families and shoes for their starving kids. That's how I figure it works in impoverished countries, and it's extremely logical.

I cant believe I am reading this.

Fishermen, that don't catch fish.

How do they get money to but food and shoes for their kids?

Do you not understand what fishermen do and how they make money?

We know the area doesn't have boats because that's the report of an experienced plane pilot.

this logic is astounding.

Pilots fly planes just in case you don't know.

What they know about what is sailing below is from observation.

We know the pilot has never seen boats in the area not that don't go there.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Boats and ships have red lights. Your pilot (who clearly knows nothing about boats and ships) is wrong.

Yes, boats and ships have red lights, but the pilot's statement is that boats typically look

"normal yellow and white that cities or ships would produce."

And that the size of the lights are way too big for boats.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Actually, the lights are perfectly fine for boats and/or ships. Obviously your pilot (who might know planes, but clearly not boats and ships) is wrong.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

This can't be hard to find photos and videos if you are so intent on arguing that altitude makes cars and roads invisible.

I am not arguing this.

I am pointing out your ignorance and sure statements that end up being maybe.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

]

of coarse not

its obvious why you wont address questions and then say you wont talk about things.

I agree they look like dim LED lights just from looking at the dim colors in the image but not if we are try to compare what it looks like from that altitude.

and its the photo that is being discussed like you said.

I didn't say its 900 miles, if you want exact miles I gave you a very easy way how to find out.

Just read what I said, scale is there if you know how click to open google maps.

You have exact coordinates, input them into google maps and use the scale given on google maps to work the distance if it really concerns you.

I cant believe I am reading this.

Fishermen, that don't catch fish.

How do they get money to but food and shoes for their kids?

Do you not understand what fishermen do and how they make money?

this logic is astounding.

Pilots fly planes just in case you don't know.

What they know about what is sailing below is from observation.

We know the pilot has never seen boats in the area not that don't go there.

I just did address it. I repeated my original description that the photos resemble dim LED lights, much more than resembling blaring spotlights.

If you want exact numbers of miles, than just do it. Calculate it out. You've been blabbing for hours about how easy it is.

Re: fishing boats: You're the only person blabbing about not catching fish and whatever other nonsense about that.

Re: The pilot: We know that... boats don't go there. Based on the pilot's educated analysis. As opposed to your uneducated banter.

Educated and accomplished pilot's analysis wins, over trollish banter.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I am not arguing this.

I am pointing out your ignorance and sure statements that end up being maybe.

Look, all I'm doing is citing my recollection of a lifetime of plane trips. That's why I'm qualifying it by saying that it's "as far as I remember."

If the specific issue was on my mind, during the plane trips, then of course I would have made the point of recording our altitude and making notes of our precise visibility.

I'll do that on my next plane trip, okay?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Actually, the lights are perfectly fine for boats and/or ships. Obviously your pilot (who might know planes, but clearly not boats and ships) is wrong.

Based on what? Can anyone find a photo or video that supports your argument? Nope.

"Fishing fleet:

...Does not explain the red color and the size of the individual lights.

Also, the position so far out in the Pacific does not make sense."

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I don’t need a photo. A website will do.

Lights on Fishing Vessels
Vessels engaged in fishing display a red all-round light over a white all-round light. Additional lights that may be displayed include:

A white all-round light that points in the direction of any fishing gear extending more than 150 metres horizontally from the vessel
Red and green sidelights and a white sternlight when the vessel is underway

LINK

Oh look! Boats have red lights. Your pilot is wrong.
edit on 1872018 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

If you want exact numbers of miles, than just do it.

is in reply to this I posted and you quoted when replying

You were trying to obfuscate again when you said 100s of miles could be 800-900 miles.

This is what I have been replying too explaining how easy it is because the pilot shows you were he was.

Re: fishing boats: You're the only person blabbing about not catching fish and whatever other nonsense about that.

I asked you questions, I guess answering them made you realize how utterly stupid some of the things you say are and you cannot respond accordingly but with more obfuscation about me blabbing.

Re: The pilot: We know that... boats don't go there. Based on the pilot's educated analysis. As opposed to your uneducated banter.

I guess you realized how utterly stupid is was to claim you and the pilot know no boats ever go to that area when you haven't been observing that area 24/7 so you reply with more rubbish.

Its not banter,

I asked you questions.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I don’t need a photo. A website will do.

Lights on Fishing Vessels
Vessels engaged in fishing display a red all-round light over a white all-round light. Additional lights that may be displayed include:

A white all-round light that points in the direction of any fishing gear extending more than 150 metres horizontally from the vessel
Red and green sidelights and a white sternlight when the vessel is underway

LINK

Oh look! Boats have red lights. Your pilot is wrong.

You linked a site with a drawing of a boat.

No, it doesn't disprove the pilot's analysis of what fishing boats look like from plane.
edit on 18-7-2018 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Looks like you have issues reading too. Here, let me help....

Vessels engaged in fishing display a red all-round light

Your pilot is wrong about boats and red lights.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
^InhaleDrugs:

Dude your posts are getting increasingly incoherent.

For the topic of calculating exact miles, please do it, instead of repeating how easy it is to do it.

I honestly don't think this quote is even from me:

You were trying to obfuscate again when you said 100s of miles could be 800-900 miles.

Nope. Hundreds of miles could factually, actually, be anything less than 1,000 miles. Such as 800-999 miles lol.

I asked you questions, I guess answering them made you realize how utterly stupid some of the things you say are and you cannot respond accordingly but with more obfuscation about me blabbing.

What questions? Talking about fishermen not catching fish is irrelevant and it really doesn't amount to a question of me.

I guess you realized how utterly stupid is was to claim you and the pilot know no boats ever go to that area when you haven't been observing that area 24/7 so you reply with more rubbish.

My trust still stands, in the pilot's educated report, that boats don't go in that stretch of Pacific Ocean.

Its not banter, I asked you questions.

Yes, it's banter. What actual questions do you have for me?
edit on 18-7-2018 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join