It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Triangular UFO Found: Red Lights in Pacific Ocean (2014)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: peacefulpete

Looks like you have issues reading too. Here, let me help....

Vessels engaged in fishing display a red all-round light

Your pilot is wrong about boats and red lights.

You're conflating an up-close drawing of a boat, and some words describing the drawing,

with the real-life facts of what boats look like from a plane.

They are not the same topic.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Terry

How is your own reading comprehension?

"Fishing fleet:

...Does not explain the red color and the size of the individual lights.

Also, the position so far out in the Pacific does not make sense."

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

It’s a site that TEACHES people on how to use boats and get their licences. I would have expected you to notice, but reading doesn’t seem to be your forte.

Here’s another thing, red lights are on the port side (that’s left to a non-mariner). So that’s 2 instances of red lights on boats/ships that your “special” pilot didn’t know about.

Here’s a 3rd. Red lights can be used under the water on fishing boats to help seeing their haul, as white would impair their natural night vision.

Your pilot was COMPLETELY wrong about boats and red lights.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Already explained, multiple times.

Boats/ships have red lights. Sometimes multiple bright red lights.

That image is boats with red lights.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Terry that's all just irrelevant. Yes it's a site that teaches people boating. With a DRAWING.

What would be relevant would be photos of boat lights from a plane.

Nobody ever said that no boats have any red lights.

But what's relevant is that the pilot said that boats typically look

"normal yellow and white that cities or ships would produce."

And that the size of the lights are way too big for boats.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Your pilot isn’t a mariner. He might know his planes, but clearly (and I’ve shown) doesn’t know boats.

Boats have red lights.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Your pilot isn’t a mariner. He might know his planes, but clearly (and I’ve shown) doesn’t know boats.

Boats have red lights.

Yes, but the pilot is saying that typically the overall impression from a plane, is that boats look yellow or white.

Also I've looked for boats with red lights. And even boats with a red light (or more than one red light) still do not give a blaring red glare (which is what you seem to be arguing is what's in the pilot's photos).

Here's an example of an actual red light on a boat:

^It's obviously not blasting red light into the clouds, like the pilot's photos show.

Also, 2 white lights mean that it would mostly look like white light.

Although aside from that, it's way too dim to be compared to the pilot's pics.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
^Wait, I'm not sure that's a real photo. I thought it was a dark nighttime photo but it might actually be a drawing. In that case, it's obviously not relevant.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

I came to the same conclusion, not even sure why I keep posting...

It's like a car crash in slow motion though, I can't look away now.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: peacefulpete

originally posted by: RAY1990

What are you on about?

You don't see the lines of longitude or latitude in real life, nobody went and painted these lines on the ocean.

Again you're trying to twist things in order to win an argument, he didn't know the area visually it's the friggin ocean, no defining points and no landmarks.

Already explained how he wouldn't really know what vessels would be below him, when they would be there and how often.

To say the ocean isn't used for fishing is stupid.

He would see the lines of latitude and longitude in his plane's dashboard monitor, I expect.

I'm not twisting anything. I'm stating the obvious that a pilot should be expected to know what geographical area he's in, within the scale of hundreds of miles.

To say that some areas of the ocean are not used for fishing, is simply trusting the educated report of the veteran airplane pilot.

Meh.

I mentioned earlier how many pilots lost their lives over the North sea and English channel during WWII. Pilots who were actually measuring their distance and not relying on nonexistent machines. Trust me when I say flying over the ocean is no easy task.

He didn't "know" that area of the ocean and quite frankly your POV just shows your ignorance of aviation in general.

Some areas of the ocean are prohibited in regards to fishing, it still happens though. Until very recently it's been difficult to notice or even enforce against illegal fishing.

Funny how you're trying to put words into my mouth though.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

You can change, learning is up to the individual.

Well said

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Yeah I legit can't find any good photos of boats with red lights.

Mostly Google just brings up illustrations, which at least show that boats' overall light would not be blaring red, but more of a white or yellow color, like the pilot said.

Here's one such illustration:

There are very few photos showing actual red lights on a boat.

Mainly I see boats decorated for Xmas or festivals or just red LED's inside the boat.

I can't find a single image of a boat with blaring red light.

This might be the very closest image, and it's obviously showing a very small radius of light, maybe 6 feet across:

Here's a boat with red lights that don't illuminate the surrounding water at all:

Some more boats with red lights, which are clearly not illuminating the water red:

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

That’s a navigation light. 1 of the many different types of red lights found of boats.

Your pilot said boats don’t have red lights. They clearly do. Your pilot is wrong.

It is boats with red lights.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Your 2nd image isn’t a fishing boat. Something a lot larger, with more lights on the sides and you’re close.

But hey, listen to your idiot pilot who thinks boats don’t have red lights or travel hundreds of miles lol.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

That’s a navigation light. 1 of the many different types of red lights found of boats.

Your pilot said boats don’t have red lights. They clearly do. Your pilot is wrong.

It is boats with red lights.

The pilot never said that boats don't have red lights.

YOU are the only one to say that lol.

The pilot just said that boats overall impression is typically white or yellow.

And I find it funny that Google doesn't seem to have any photos of boats with actual blaring red lights illuminating the surroundings.

I wonder why all of Google's images only turn up boats with very dim red lights?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   

So I guess you put words where there wasn’t any when you put

Does not explain the red color and the size of the individual lights.

The red colour is explained by, you guessed it, red lights.

I don’t particularly care what you find on google. I was raised in a port town and am back to living in a fishing town. The fishermen here know more than a pilot about boats, just as a pilot should know more about planes than a fisherman.

BTW, that image? Not a fishing boat.
edit on 1872018 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Your 2nd image isn’t a fishing boat. Something a lot larger, with more lights on the sides and you’re close.

But hey, listen to your idiot pilot who thinks boats don’t have red lights or travel hundreds of miles lol.

Yeah I noticed after posting it, that it's actually a boat-trailer or something.

Ad hominem attacks against someone you don't know. You just called him an "idiot pilot." It's always brilliant to insult people that you don't know, and who are not part of the conversation.

He never said that boats don't have red lights, only YOU said that.

He also didn't say that boats don't travel 100's of miles.

He said that boats don't travel within 100's of miles of THE SPECIFIC AREA HE WAS FLYING OVER.

Also I would have thought that being a plane pilot takes some intelligence.

But I'm sure you're right that you're much smarter than airplane pilots lol.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Them be teeny little vessels, try spending some time near a port or Google a little harder.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

So I guess you put words where there wasn’t any when you put

The red colour is explained by, you guessed it, red lights.

I don’t particularly care what you find on google. I was raised in a port town and am back to living in a fishing town. The fishermen here know more than a pilot about boats, just as a pilot should know more about planes than a fisherman.

BTW, that image? Not a fishing boat.

You don't care that the entire world wide web has NO photos that show boats with blaring red lights?

You don't find that contrary to your repeated insistence that boats are blaring red lights into the clouds?

Think about it lol.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Well, whoever decided to say this...

...is an idiot.

Boats and ships can be at see for weeks and months. That would equal hundreds of miles.

The red colour would be red lights.

It’s boats.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join