It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Triangular UFO Found: Red Lights in Pacific Ocean (2014)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
"They initially appeared as a distant city or group of typical Asian squid fishing boats, but this did not make sense in this area."

"The lights we saw were much larger in size than your average city or group of boats, but they also glowed red and orange, instead of the normal yellow and white that cities or ships would produce."

"The closer we got, the more intense the glow became, illuminating the clouds and sky below us in a scary orange glow that you would expect with a massive fire on the ground."

"In a part of the world where there was supposed to be nothing but water."

"...the very creepy unexplainable deep red/orange glow from the ocean’s surface we felt everything but comfortable."

"Fishing fleet: Could explain the overall size of the group of lights and the stability of them.

Does not explain the red color and the size of the individual lights.

Also, the position so far out in the Pacific does not make sense."

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: peacefulpete

Boats and ships have red lights. There, it’s explained.

Also, the position so far out in the Pacific does not make sense.

To a pilot, not to one of the captains of the boats with the red lights in the image above.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Here is an article from the Daily Mail but the source is NASA. Squid boats 300 miles offshore "in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean" - "city of lights":

NASA Squid Boats in Middle of Atlantic Ocean

So fishing boats do travel 100's of miles out into the ocean.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
^Well, again, photos from outerspace are not comparable to photos from an airplane. Like, it's easy to see cars and roads from a plane, but not from space. The perspective and scale is completely different.

And the pilot's point was that fishing boats don't travel TO THE AREA HE WAS FLYING OVER. He wasn't saying that boats never travel anywhere, just not to that area, that he was over, at that time of the sighting.

The world is 75% ocean water (or something close to that) so of course there are empty areas of ocean, that don't have boats.

Also I don't believe the pilot ever specifies how many hundreds of miles he was, away from land. "Hundreds of miles" could have meant 800 miles or 900 miles for example.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Ah, but the reason I posted that was because it was you, not the pilot, who said this:

"Boats don't travel 100's of miles into the "middle" of the Pacific Ocean, just to catch fish, that's just ridiculous lol. Boats are slow. They would take all day just to get out there to fish during the night."

I have shown you that boats do indeed travel hundreds of miles, in this case to the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, just to catch fish.

Yes, "hundreds of miles" could have meant 800 or 1000 miles were it not for the fact that the pilot posted his exact position in a map and gives his latitude and longitude. So, not 800 or 900 miles.

You clearly know that because you have referred to the map and the location several times now so why do you persist with this nonsense?

No, it is not "easy" to see cars (as opposed to car headlights) at night, at 34,000 feet.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Also I don't believe the pilot ever specifies how many hundreds of miles he was, away from land. "Hundreds of miles" could have meant 800 miles or 900 miles for example.

Really?

Can you please stop with such ignorance or trolling.

The pilot gives you exact locations, exact location in the web site you have linked too many times and referred too many times.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

Really?

The pilot gives you exact locations, exact location in the web site you have linked too many times and referred too many times.

Lol then what's the exact number of miles, professor?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: peacefulpete

Really?

jpcvanheijst.com...

Not sure if you have seen this website,

Its all in there

glad to help

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Ah, but the reason I posted that was because it was you, not the pilot, who said this:

"Boats don't travel 100's of miles into the "middle" of the Pacific Ocean, just to catch fish, that's just ridiculous lol. Boats are slow. They would take all day just to get out there to fish during the night."

I have shown you that boats do indeed travel hundreds of miles, in this case to the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, just to catch fish.

Yes, "hundreds of miles" could have meant 800 or 1000 miles were it not for the fact that the pilot posted his exact position in a map and gives his latitude and longitude. So, not 800 or 900 miles.

You clearly know that because you have referred to the map and the location several times now so why do you persist with this nonsense?

No, it is not "easy" to see cars (as opposed to car headlights) at night, at 34,000 feet.

Look, the sighting is the topic, and the main point (made by the pilot) re: boats, is that they don't travel to the area he was flying over. He said there was supposed to be nothing but empty water for hundreds of miles.

That was his point, and that was my point.

I wasn't saying that no boats ever travel, ever.

The statement I made about that, is that obviously fishing boats which leave from shore for the night, and return in the morning, are logically going to stay relatively close to land, to minimize cost and time.

It's rather a separate topic that there are some boats apparently staying out at sea for weeks at a time.

And I'd expect that most fishing vessels would be the smaller, homemade, unofficial type of fishing boats that WOULD stay closer to land.

Either way, the pilot is clear that boats do not travel in the area he was flying over, not for hundreds of miles.

Re: Cars: Yeah, it's easy to see cars from an airplane. Cloud cover being the only factor that would change that. From all my memories of being in planes, I don't think I've ever seen cars and roads disappear from distance making them too small to see. I'm pretty sure that once you break the cloud cover you can see roads and tiny little cars.

Re: The map: Well, it doesn't specify the exact number of hundreds of miles AFAIK, so if you see the exact number somewhere, please tell us.

You guys also might not realize how many leaps you are taking to call the lights boats:

Wrong size of the lights (too big),

wrong color of the lights (usually not red or orange),

wrong location of the ocean (nothing supposed to be there for 100's of miles),

wrong reaction of the veteran pilot who was scared of the lights, and who knows what boats look like, and whose best guess was volcanic activity, at the time.

Then there is just the obvious anomalous photos, which just don't look like boats, or like anything that's known.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: peacefulpete

Really?

jpcvanheijst.com...

Not sure if you have seen this website,

Its all in there

glad to help

You've got everyone in stitches, I'm sure.

Does the pilot ever specify the number of miles?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Boats and ships have red lights. There, it’s explained.

"The lights we saw were much larger in size than your average city or group of boats, but they also glowed red and orange, instead of the normal yellow and white that cities or ships would produce."

"The closer we got, the more intense the glow became, illuminating the clouds and sky below us in a scary orange glow that you would expect with a massive fire on the ground."

"In a part of the world where there was supposed to be nothing but water."

"...the very creepy unexplainable deep red/orange glow from the ocean’s surface we felt everything but comfortable."

"Fishing fleet: Could explain the overall size of the group of lights and the stability of them.

Also, the position so far out in the Pacific does not make sense."

edit on 18-7-2018 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Boats and ships have red lights.

Your pilot (not mariner) clearly doesn’t know that.

It was boats.
edit on 1872018 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

You made a ridiculous statement about fishing boats, I showed you that it was wrong. Can you not have the balls to just admit you were wrong?

Not just cloud cover prevents you seeing cars, there is night time too. When it's dark.

Most fishing boats would be the "smaller, homemade unofficial type of fishing boats"? You plainly have no idea about commercial fishing.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Boats and ships have red lights.

Your pilot (not mariner) clearly doesn’t know that.

It was boats.

"red and orange, instead of the normal yellow and white that cities or ships would produce."

A veteran pilot knows what boats look like, from his plane, better than you.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

So why do you say they look like dim LED lights?

he gives the exact flight location, even if he didn't one can track this info down.

From there

you can work out how many miles away from the coast he was.

From the map provided on the web site, a google map can be used which has a scale and all one has do is look at the map and understand the scale and go from there, just visually you can gauge a rough estimate using the google map.

Look, the sighting is the topic, and the main point (made by the pilot) re: boats, is that they don't travel to the area he was flying over. He said there was supposed to be nothing but empty water for hundreds of miles. That was his point, and that was my point. I wasn't saying that no boats ever travel, ever.

How does a pilot know where fishing boats may or may not sail to catch fish?

This is what everyone is pointing out to you.

Yes, maybe never before when he was flying over there were never fishing boats, however is he observing this stretch of sea 24/7 to make this claim?

Is that so hard to understand?

The pilot doesn't have a clue where the fish are, this is why boats have captains that sail them to an area where fish can be found.

The statement I made about that, is that obviously fishing boats which leave from shore for the night, and return in the morning, are logically going to stay relatively close to land, to minimize cost and time.

And that shows how ignorant you are things you want argue about

minimize cost and time?

So send out a fishing vessel and make it come back with no fish is minimizing costs?

Yes time is saved, its a short sail out and back.

But if you don't catch fish then you don't get paid and the whole trip costs you money.

How do you pay for the fuel, your crew and all the cost involved if you go out and catch no fish to sell?

It's rather a separate topic that there are some boats apparently staying out at sea for weeks at a time.

If its fishing vessel then yes, it stays out as long as possible if it hasn't caught a good load to cover the trip and maybe make some profit.

Either way, the pilot is clear that boats do not travel in the area he was flying over, not for hundreds of miles.

Either way the pilot doesn't know what is in the area when he is not from the short time he is when he travels over.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

You made a ridiculous statement about fishing boats, I showed you that it was wrong. Can you not have the balls to just admit you were wrong?

Not just cloud cover prevents you seeing cars, there is night time too. When it's dark.

Most fishing boats would be the "smaller, homemade unofficial type of fishing boats"? You plainly have no idea about commercial fishing.

What am I supposed to admit I was wrong about? I'm right that the photos are from an area that doesn't have fishing boats.

Cars at night are quite visible from a plane, not only for their headlights, but for their dark shapes against an illuminated road.

You can't possibly be disagreeing that most fishing boats would be small, homemade rigs. We're talking about impoverished third-world countries where the people are working themselves almost like slaves. Yes, I expect that's the majority of fishing boats.

For developed countries with a better standard of living, sure they must have navy-type vessels, but that can't possibly be more numerous than all the impoverished countries with presumably small, cheap, homemade rigs. Trying to make money to be able to eat the next day.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Clearly your pilot doesn’t know about boats and ships. They have red lights, just like your image.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

So why do you say they look like dim LED lights?

he gives the exact flight location, even if he didn't one can track this info down.

From there

you can work out how many miles away from the coast he was.

From the map provided on the web site, a google map can be used which has a scale and all one has do is look at the map and understand the scale and go from there, just visually you can gauge a rough estimate using the google map.

Look, the sighting is the topic, and the main point (made by the pilot) re: boats, is that they don't travel to the area he was flying over. He said there was supposed to be nothing but empty water for hundreds of miles. That was his point, and that was my point. I wasn't saying that no boats ever travel, ever.

How does a pilot know where fishing boats may or may not sail to catch fish?

This is what everyone is pointing out to you.

Yes, maybe never before when he was flying over there were never fishing boats, however is he observing this stretch of sea 24/7 to make this claim?

Is that so hard to understand?

The pilot doesn't have a clue where the fish are, this is why boats have captains that sail them to an area where fish can be found.

And that shows how ignorant you are things you want argue about

minimize cost and time?

So send out a fishing vessel and make it come back with no fish is minimizing costs?

Yes time is saved, its a short sail out and back.

But if you don't catch fish then you don't get paid and the whole trip costs you money.

How do you pay for the fuel, your crew and all the cost involved if you go out and catch no fish to sell?

If its fishing vessel then yes, it stays out as long as possible if it hasn't caught a good load to cover the trip and maybe make some profit.

Either way the pilot doesn't know what is in the area when he is not from the short time he is when he travels over.

I said they look like dim LED lights... because that's what they look like. Much more than resembling blaring spotlights from boats.

Yes, the map would theoretically allow us to calculate the exact position and number of miles, but I'm not really about to start trying to calculate that out. For one thing, I live on the other side of the planet, so I have no sense of familiarity or scale for his map.

And of course, none of you guys are bothering to calculate it out, either.

Arguing that the pilot can't know his geography is just ridiculous. He knows it based on flying over it for decades.

Your sentences about fishing boats not catching fish and whatever, are not even coherent statements.

My logic stands, that for a poor undeveloped country, of course the boat will go out far enough to catch fish, and no farther. The fishermen are literally starving. They're not going to waste time and resources. They need to get back and buy food and support their family in the morning. Maybe save up and buy a pair of shoes for their kids. Is the concept of third-world country so confusing to you guys? The large navy-style vessels might be expected from a developed country but not starving third-world countries.

And regardless all of that, the specific area he was flying over, is known to be void of boats.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Clearly your pilot doesn’t know about boats and ships. They have red lights, just like your image.

Clearly all you're doing is assuming that a veteran plane pilot is unintelligent, and unaware of the things that he is familiar with.

Have fun assuming strangers with accomplished backgrounds are incompetent and unintelligent lol.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I'm right that the photos are from an area that doesn't have fishing boats.

So you can show a web cam set up or something that observes that area 24/7 that will show no fishing boats ever went in that area?

seriously some of the ignorance you display is why I initially thought you were trolling.

Cars at night are quite visible from a plane, not only for their headlights, but for their dark shapes against an illuminated road.

Well, maybe right?

you seemed really sure then you don't think you ever remember a car disappearing...... going off your memory of flights you've been on to this

I'm pretty sure that once you break the cloud cover you can see roads and tiny little cars.

Ah OK you are pretty sure.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join