It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And while we're on the subject...McDonald's

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I ate nothing but McDonalds bacon egg and cheese biscuits , and Quarter Pounders with cheese for years
Lost weight. A1C dropped .Cholesterol levels dropped . Health improved greatly
Not for everyone , though
Answer that one..

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
I ate nothing but McDonalds bacon egg and cheese biscuits , and Quarter Pounders with cheese for years
Answer that one..

All the preservatives gave your stomach and intestines an armored coating, not much nutrients can get through lol.
edit on 29-6-2018 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Gothmog
Answer that one..

All the preservatives gave your stomach and intestines an armored coating, not much nutrients can get through lol.

You may be right . Or some unknown additive...

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lurker1
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Having read their corporate biography, Behind the Arches, a number of times, I'm not going to badmouth Mc's. They were the biggest influence on agricultural innovation in history. They revolutionized food production ~ bakery, potatoes, dairy, beef.

These days I only get black coffee there, which is very good for mass-processed Arabica, but only because I've gotten old and have simplified my diet due to low appetite.

I too only get coffee there. I don't have anything to back this up, but I think the coffee beans used here in Japan are from Vietnam. Recently though, they reduced the bean flavor released into the coffee, kind of like reducing the soda surup for the drinks.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I must add an addendum to my above post, in which I wrote I only get black coffee at McD's.

I do sometimes also get the fruit/yogurt cup, which is a decent serving of vanilla yogurt with strawberries, blueberries, and granola.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Say what you want about Mickie D's but they have good coffee. I prefer it over Timmie's.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Showing my age again but, McDs used to make the best fried apple pies when I was a kid. A fried apple pie and a milkshake was a treat. Now I have to wait for the fair. It's still a treat and likely good for me that I can't access them all of the time.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I've learned something about McD's from watching the World Cup. They deliver in Russia.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Well, this one will show my age. I can remember McDonald's when I was a kid where the arches were on the sides of the restaurant, not on the sign. There was one arch on either side, and the actual sign was a square red sign with white letters.

So, if you stood at a 45 degree angle to the restaurant it looked like the arches you see on the sign today. The arches were wider and not as tall as the ones today.

Further, all the employees wore these white paper hats.

I can also remember as a kid (long before Ronald McDonald became popular) always wanting to go to McDonald's, but my parents would never take me because Dad liked Burger King better. So we always had to go to Burger King instead. And, when Mom was out at bridge night we'd be "batching it", so Dad would then want to go to KFC, and the golden arches would get a pass yet again. I think the very first time I ever ate at McDonald's was when I was with my friend's mom and dad. ...heh, and we were going to a drive-in movie afterwards. Imagine that; you don't see those anymore!

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
And a regular burger was fifteen cents.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I don't remember 15 cents, but I do remember 25 cents.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I remember the good ole days too.
But we always went to McDonalds....didn't have a Burger King experience until I was on my own.

Quarter Pounder with cheese was my favorite....never liked Big Macs.

McDonald's was better before there was anything like SuperSizeMe.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Heh, I came here expecting to see you posting;

THIS IS NOT THE MUD PIT

While McDonalds in cancer I agree with you on quater pounder > big mac

Even those stinky egg mcmuffins lol

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I have always felt that Wendy's and even Burger king had better burgers. But the best burgers you will ever eat are the ones you make yourself.

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I for one have loved their Filet O fish sandwich,but with those depends where you buy it,had one in New Mexico it was so dry I almost chipped a tooth taking a bite,so rare for me to go by maybe a sausage and egg mc muffin,but those can suck too,buy anything to eat while still seated in your car is a crap shoot

posted on Jun, 30 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Your rant has inspired me, i'm so moved I simply must provide my own nonsensical diatribe!

The last time I went to the Big M I noticed that the Jalapeno ratio is insubstantial-Do they not know that jalapeno can be plural? It debases the value of the humble pepper, and I'm pretty sure any burger that has less than six slices of Jalapeno warrants the death sentence in Mexico. One slice will not suffice! And don't get me started on the wraps, When I want something wrapped I expect the contents to remain in said wrap, i do not expect a empty tortilla with the taste and texture of a soggy paper plate while it's entrails need to be scraped out of the packaging with a fork. But let's not forget the marvel that is the chicken & cheese burger-which is exactly that, just chicken n' cheese-I'd like to meet the visionary who created it because he surely rivals Da Vincis' intellect.

I beg of you fellow deniers of ignorance to try your local taverns, corner shops, or dare I say "cafes" as you will bolster your local economy, and as a wise man once said "you get what you pay for" so pay a little extra for enough jalapenos to make you start humming 'burning ring of fire', get enough meat and cheese to ensure you will need quadruple bypass surgery, and get a burger with vegetables that don't look like out of date soylent green!

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
....didn't have a Burger King experience until I was on my own.

Whopper enthusiast has to ask, "And how did you like THAT?"

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I haven’t had Maccas for nearly 3 months.

It is addicting, as I still have a craving every now and then, but that may be because I’ve gone full keto, and I crave...and miss anything bread based.

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
....didn't have a Burger King experience until I was on my own.

Whopper enthusiast has to ask, "And how did you like THAT?"

It was an epiphany!
Burger King was just so much better than the competition!
Whoppers rocked!

posted on Jul, 1 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I always liked Burger King too. I didn't really have any objection when Dad would want to go there instead of McD's (other than I never got to go to McD's).

Plus, you could get the cool paper crown if you wanted to go full dork mode.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join