It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And while we're on the subject...McDonald's

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
So while we're on the subject of 'rants'...

McDonald's, what have you done; is your corporate goal to make the most awful food on Earth? What happened? You used to be so awesome!

I mean, could you possibly make the patties on the Big Mac any smaller? We'd love that if you could do that! Why not change the name to Big 'ol Bread Sammich.

And you know, I just LOVE cold french fries. Have you ever considered refrigerating them? I mean, they could be colder, you know?

What happened to the Quarter Pounder? A "Quarter" of what...dried out old old Nike shoe? But hey, put some cheese on it and we're good, right? Of COURSE we have to buy that $4 dollar drink! The damn burger sponged every ounce of liquid out of my spleen!

"Value Meal"???? (Gawd, I'm just dyin' here!) LOLOLOL!!! "Value" to YOU maybe, McDonald's, but it certainly ain't no 'value' to us!! So help us all understand this, McDonald's...a Big Mac costs $4, fries cost $1 and a drink costs $2, but the "Value Meal" cost's $8 dollars??? How does that work??? That 'value' left a reverse-mohawk streak down the top of my skull. You really should consider changing the name; "Three-Card Monte Meal" has a nice ring to it. Or, how about the "SUCKAAAAH Meal"? That works too.

Okay, let's see, there just MUST be something good at your joint. How about some Chicken McNuggets? MMMMmmmmmMMMMmmm, just love the taste of cardboard! What is that stuff anyway? Is it even real? I've eaten mud mixed with sawdust which tasted better. Oh, and do we really have to beg for the 2nd dipping sauce??? I mean c'mon, one sauce isn't even enough to choke down 2 of those things...and there's 10 of those little gems in the box! And correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they supposed to be like actually fried??? As in, like in actual OIL and kinda' hot? I love my microwave too, but there's just nothing better than quasi-fried food (I guess it was fried...somewhere...wasn't it???) which has been warmed up in a sterile plastic tray and then placed in a Chinese cardboard box with all sorts of absolutely deeelicious chemicals in it to add extra flavor. Oh, but wait, you didn't microwave them at all did you? Nope, everybody LOVES cold DRY McNuggets, they're the BEST!

Would you like to Super-Size that? Oh HELL YA! I want a whole pickup load of cold stale ass fries! I'll definitely need that extra-large drink with those!! And the Big Mac with the two tiny 'dots' of meat, a gallon of thousand island dressing and a half a loaf of bread...oh, it's just sooo wonderful, I can't wait to stand in line for one. Oh yeah, and then have to go wait "over there" for you to toss all that food you prepared last Monday into a bag...WAIT...not all of it, because you forgot something so I'll just love coming back and asking for the meal I actually ordered, and not the Happy Meal for customer #641 (I was customer #367).

Yeah, you're awesome, McDonald's! No wonder nobody who speaks English wants to work the counter! That's awesome. I've learned words in Somalian I never even knew before!

And who is it that actually assembles the food back there? I mean c'mon, how hard can it be, really?? The bun goes down first, then the patty, then the cheese, some sauce, then the other bun, then the other patty (well you get the idea). Why then did I just get a Big Mac with bun, patty, patty, cheese, bun, bun?? Is it really that hard?

Can I get a refill on my drink?? I'm REALLY thirsty!! No??? Another $4 bucks huh?

Sigh.
edit on 6/29/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Stock is at $156/share right now... market's don't agree with your assessment.

McDonald's does have a lot of poorly run franchises though. I know they've been trying to clean them up, but the franchisees don't necessarily want to invest the money.

A lot of the problems you mention are found at practically every fast food joint.

edit on 29-6-2018 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
$8 for the same old cookie cutter hardly any flavor and dry as hell BS. Not even a monthly deal bite, hardly ever any special sammiches their cooks come up with to tantalize. BUT WAIT, they marketed to us as children and made us addicts for life. Get em when their young, and you've got them for life, the Hitler's Youth way woohoo now here take this jungle gym and Chicken Foam McNuggets and love it or else!

edit on 29-6-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

is your corporate goal to make the most awful food on Earth

Isn't that what it is? I must have missed something.

You used to be so awesome!

Is that some kind of Mandela effect or something?.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

is your corporate goal to make the most awful food on Earth

Isn't that what it is? I must have missed something.

You used to be so awesome!

Is that some kind of Mandela effect or something?.

Yeah, I don't remember McDonald's ever having what I would call "good food".

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The Ham-burgler really DID win...didn't he, McDonald's?

He took ol' Ronald out behind the woodshed and stomped the snot outta' him, didn't he??

Evil bastage.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Back when they used to actually "grill" their burgers on the flat top, and always had hot fries which were fried in real "oil", not some synthetic byproduct from the Monsanto-NASA joint venture...back then, McDonald's was pretty darn good.

ETA...back when their food actually had this thing you call "moisture" in it, and there was some actual (GASP!) "grease" in it too! (cover the children's ears!!)
edit on 6/29/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
That stuff can't even qualify as food let alone nourishment. Barely sustenance!

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

This is why I will never eat anything from Micky D's at all.
I can cook better hamburgers at home and my fries are hot!

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
That stuff can't even qualify as food let alone nourishment. Barely sustenance!

I always called it "filler".

link   
a reply to: JinMI

Totally agree...now!

The words "Food" and "McDonald's" don't belong in the same book, let alone the same chapter or paragraph!

link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

AKA

TImebomb!

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
You want to come to the UK and try their sh##. The chips ( oh I meant french fries) are processed so much when you put any in your mouth it's like a handful of blotting paper, they suck all the saliva out of your mouth. Rank.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
We have a decent McDonald's near here, but I think you'd be horrified at some of the prices. A bacon and cheese angus burger cost $7.69 and it didn't even have lettuce and tomato. Lots of beef, but I can get a teen burger at A&W for $6.50.

McDonald's is supposed to be cheaper.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Lol .. you pay peanuts you get monkeys..

Fast food pays minimum wage, thus they get minimum effort..

Seems pretty self explanatory to me.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
The Ham-burgler really DID win...didn't he, McDonald's?

He took ol' Ronald out behind the woodshed and stomped the snot outta' him, didn't he??

Evil bastage.

Ronald was selling poison to kids. One evil replaced another.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The mcnuggets were never meant to be any good, they were just meant to be a vessel for those tasty sauces.....

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
If you get the 1$ mcchicken and its fresh its still pretty good..

Burger kings Tacos are awesome.lol
edit on 29-6-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
We have a decent McDonald's near here, but I think you'd be horrified at some of the prices. A bacon and cheese angus burger cost $7.69 and it didn't even have lettuce and tomato. Lots of beef, but I can get a teen burger at A&W for $6.50.

McDonald's is supposed to be cheaper.

You could buy your own local farm grass-fed beef for that price.

Or you could give money to torturous factory farms and support giant cold corporate food industries. You vote with your dollar.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
McDonald's or any fast food is not really meant to be gourmet food. I would not say any fast food place has the best burger, or fries, or fried little chicken pieces I have ever tasted. Fast food places are what they are. Not the greatest food on earth. Their main purpose is convenience and saving of time. Hence why they are called fast food places.

But maybe, just maybe, your McDonald's sucks. Your premise seems to be that at one point McDonald's was better than they are now. When I actually think McDonald's is better now than ever. Do they not have the Garlic white cheddar burger at yours, or the sweet barbecue bacon burger, or the pico guacamole burger? All those burgers are better than the Big Mac and the Quarter Pounder. They have also recently switched to cook to order fresh beef patties. And the nuggets are now 100% white meat chicken instead of whatever they were before.

Now McDonald's is still not that great but it seems to me you liked it better when the food was more processed and had more filler. Either that or your franchise just has not caught up yet and sucks.
edit on 29-6-2018 by karmicecstasy because: I'm being robbed by the Hamburgler....seriously...please help!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join