It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And while we're on the subject...McDonald's

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

You could find 40,000 places selling Swiss Army Knives at 3am in Switzerland, but the only thing you could eat there after 3pm was liquor. And the bars closed at like 7-8pm, but as long as you were inside you could stay there and they would serve you, but no one else could come in. No food though, as I recall it was prohibited or something. Just weird.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I haven't eaten at McDonald's since 2013 when I got food poisoning from a McMuffin. Nor has my family.

The food is not real food there.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

GAH..."food" and "McDonald's" in the same post (again)!!

Make it stop!!

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Off-topic (on my own thread), but you're right; Switzerland does have some weird food habits. For me, it wasn't so much the food wasn't good (it was delicious), it was more the fact you couldn't hardly find any of it. There aren't restaurants all over like many other places, and the ones which are there close at about 3pm. So, I was there skiing (among other things) and when you'd get down off the mountain everything was closed. At one point me and my group were so hungry after a few days of this that we begged our hotel manager to open the restaurant and make us some food. It was mostly cheese and coldcuts, but at least it was something!

That right! I remember now! There were like no restaurants... or anything easily accessible. That's what it was... there simply was no food! I remember we finally broke down and found a grocery store and brought a bunch of food back to our hotel. However, you couldn't just easily run out and grab a burger or something.

Off topic, but funny Switzerland story. So classmates and I decide to go to a strip club. Being black and from the south, our expectations of a strip club differ from what a strip club is in Switzerland. We were thinking butt naked big booty chicks from a rap video making their cheeks clap to the beat.

The reality was scrawny women in lingerie just kind of slowly dancing on stage. All the men were in tuxedos... I swear this could have been a movie scene from a James Bond flick.

Anyway, there were a few nice looking ladies sitting around so of course, we decide to try to talk to them thinking the were some nice Swiss ladies. Found out we had to buy a bottle to talk to the ladies. Also discovered that prostitution was legal and all these women were just high priced hookers in fancy evening gowns. It was kind of a "doh" moment.

Then we just went to McDonald's and paid $20 for a combo meal...
edit on 29-6-2018 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

"Talk to them?" Wow, you must be good. I kinda' half spoke German and couldn't understand a dang thing in Switzerland. At least where I was everyone spoke Germanche (I think it was called). I was completely lost. And when I would try to ask where the train station was people would get pissed and look at me like I just asked if I could fornicate with their Toyota.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I'd recommend Hardees but they're not much better.
Mooyah burger is great but it's twenty six bucks for two to eat at a burger joint which is a bit over the top.
edit on 6292018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Hardee's used to be awesome too, but then someone decided to "fix" everything. Now it sucks too.

Wendy's used to be pretty awesome too a while back...until they decided to start using 'roo for their burgers.

Arctic Circle was great also, and their fry sauce and fries were the bomb!

Naugles was good (especially late at night).

White Castle is okay, in a terrible sort of way (i.e. you really do just hate yourself after eating there, but it's pretty good if you're starving or hungover).

About the only decent place anymore is In & Out Burger.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Once upon a time their French fries were the best around but then the govt said you can't add lard to the frying oil and after that they just weren't the same. But that was way back in the eighties. Now we do burger nite at home with fresh beef soft potato rolls and French fries that I cut and do the twice cooked method on. Cook on lower temp to cook but not color. Cool raise the temp and return them to get golden. Anne Burell from the food network.
www.foodnetwork.com...

It's part of the fish and chips thing which I've also made. Yummy.
edit on 6292018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Having read their corporate biography, Behind the Arches, a number of times, I'm not going to badmouth Mc's. They were the biggest influence on agricultural innovation in history. They revolutionized food production ~ bakery, potatoes, dairy, beef.

These days I only get black coffee there, which is very good for mass-processed Arabica, but only because I've gotten old and have simplified my diet due to low appetite.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I ate one bull balls ~ Prairie Oysters. Weird texture so I asked others what it was. I was pranked yet a lot of people like them. My guess is that they are a favorite in Washington DC. I wonder if they put them on Pizza. BOOM!

Gives man Vigor, and make strong like Bull. We need to reach out to Stormy Daniels and ask whether her co actors eat that stuff. Might be better than the blue pill.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Okay, after all this talk I'm going to go find a full-service McDonald's just to see what they have and to also see if the couple other McDonald's I've been to recently have just been assimilated by the Borg and their slop. I will verify the name of the establishment I go to is actually spelled "M-c-D-o-n-a-l-d-'-s and not McDouche, or McDowel's, or McDirt...or even McGak.

I will report back my findings on the 'gourmet' burgers they offer...and I will attempt to, ahem, ummmm, masticate and even swallow some of their, uhhhhh, 'product' (i.e. "eat" there). I'm taking a HUGE risk here, folks, and I hope everyone realizes this! I'm taking one for the ATS team.

If I'm not back in an hour send out the ATS SEAL teams...

Wish me luck...I'm goin' in!

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I haven't stepped foot in a McDonalds forever.. Taco Bell has them beat and the food is better for you.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I eat healthy or at least semi- healthy at home eighty percent of the time. If I am going to eat unhealthy, I want it to taste good because I am paying for it. I do not care how McDonalds is trying to make their food healthy, it is still highly processed and preserved food chemistry. A frozen patty vs a fresh patty is not much different healthwise.

I can't see any of their chicken ever being healthy. They are running a campaign to deceive people. Go buy a chicken and prepare it yourself, that is the best way. Don't load it up with highly concentrated spices, those powdered spices are medical plants, a little dab will do it, use real salt on it too, it is hot outside this time of the year, we need more salt.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

You should have just stopped at "McDonald's" that's the answer to all your rant right there.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
SITREP and AAR

1. You can wave-off the ATS SEAL teams

2. More later, but I did manage to find a McDonald's which was not controlled by the BORG.

3. In all fairness, my meal was actually not bad. They have definitely upped their game some.

4. I now realize, to my surprise, that some McDonald's definitely ARE different than others. Ray Kroc would likely roll over in his grave reading this.

5. There was only one specialty burger. It was some "smokehouse" burger. I didn't order it mostly because it had fried onions on it (and they hate me).

6. I opted for the Quarter Pounder meal (med). The burger was actually grilled on site, right then (something they were actually advertising on posters...so maybe they finally got that message). It was pretty tasty (though I had to add some salt). And surprisingly it was also juicy. Big improvement here.

7. My fries were not cold, but there's still room for improvement here. They were adequate enough to eat all of them (rare for me).

8. I was able to get a refill on my drink at no charge. This seems like a no-brainer, but some still don't do it.

All in all, not horrible. There have been improvements.

All for now.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I would sooner eat the beetles congregating under street lamps than MickeyD's garbage.
I can't even stand the smell of the place.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Huh, your going to bail.

Well if your in and around Atlanta I shop where the Latinos and persons of color [black] shop. They know great food! One ass realtor said that I shop in the Ghetto. F_ _ _ her. I love food and I am not into the racist #. For Burgers; The Food Depot, the Sirloin Steak hamburgers are Restaurant grade quality meat and under $6 a pound. On the grill they will have a medium pink color inside and juicy with excellent flavor. You will never go wrong. They are huge and don't start a grease fire.

Chicken, get the Chicken Tenders from the Little Giant Farmers Market. Cheap and tasty. You want chicken to kill? Put them thar fingers in a glass cooking platter. Cover them with a combination of cheap Italian dressing and Balsamic vinegar dressing. Cover and let marinate for three days in and out of the fridge; alternate each day. Then put them on the barbe. They will end up with carbon streaks and will remain so with full flavor and so tender.

Its manual labor cooking but an alternate to McDonalds

I also do ribs with a sauce modeled after the bar b barn in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Friggen killer. EXCEPT NEVER BUY SWIFTS PREMIUM RIBS

www.barbbarn.ca...

edit on 29-6-2018 by Jake56 because: added

edit on 29-6-2018 by Jake56 because: typo

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I kind of expected this particular McDonald's was going to be different once I'd passed through the shimmering reflection pool-like 'portal'.

After I got my order, I noticed a definite singularity about a couple tables away, it was of the Two-Chair family of singularities. Space time was definitely distorted in its vicinity, and anything which neared its event horizon was quickly swept into the black hole (which was at the proximate locality of its intelligence center or nerve nexus).

It had conveniently established itself at the exact coordinates where everyone retrieving their order would need to pass by. The gravitational waves were just snatching Big Macs and Quarter Pounders left and right off of people's trays as they passed by. These quickly vanished over the event horizon and into the maw of the black hole with nary a notice.

People would return to counter and exclaim "Hey, I ordered a Big Mac too, you know!!"

The deception was epic.
edit on 6/29/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Their 69c cheeseburgers are still awesome. My childhood wrapped in paper.

They should scale back he menu by 75% and do what they do REALLY well. Their stock prices would soar.

GD, I should be the CEO.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I would sooner eat the beetles congregating under street lamps than MickeyD's garbage.
I can't even stand the smell of the place.

Yummy , beetles . And 100 % low calorie protein .
Yet , grubs from a rotten tree stump are the best.

edit on 6/29/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join