It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not another imigration thread!!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
fine those that hire them. they're crimminals, too.

stop the war on drugs.

stop calling them rapists and vermin.

better relations with mexico.

edit on 21-6-2018 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Why do anything at all. We should embrace the immigrants and make them citizens. It will grow the economy. We are all from the same planet.

I think the whole immigrant issue is just scapegoating used in scoring political points with people who hate.

If you think immigrants are the cause of all your problems maybe you are not focusing on the right problems.

Woo is going to pay for this? The drain on the economy is going to be dramatic...so you feel anyone who shows up gets in..a million? 10 million? 100 million more? At what level would your country collapse under the weight on their socio-economic systems?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
As I've said before:

"dump a bucket of balls on a pool table, chances are some will hit the pocket".

Trump hasn't a clue what he's doing. There's no real overall organized plan.

He just throws random crap out, hoping something will stick -- and then he claims credit for it.

His presidency is a crapshoot.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
We already know what is not working, and that’s what we are doing now. How about what you think WILL work?

This was not directed at me but I have an idea. Instead of looking at all these immigrants as criminals why not make it easier for them to be in the States legally? Have them in "provisionally". Then process them without all this rancor.

If we do that without locking down the border tighter than a horses ass in fly season then it won’t work.

We can give every illegal in this country amnesty but if we don’t lock down the border we will have the same problem we have today in just a few years.

Locking down the border is a pipe dream. The cost severely outweighs the benefit. It's not going to happen...even under Trump. So be proactive. Take these people as they come and allow them temporary status. Amnesty only works for those already in the country. I say do it. Then have an avenue to what I've said above. If you don't treat these people as criminals they will be more apt to declare themselves. Problem solved. And yes I know there will be criminals that won't identify themselves. So what. Same as now BUT the mass majority will.

Does Canada have open borders?

To the States, yes. You better have your passport if you want to go home though.

so a van load of terrorists can just drive through? I thought they checked for drugs and guns and junk.

I heard it was like that until 911. But it might be that way again in many places.

To clarify I mean it used to be really lax until Sept 11, 2001
But then the borders tightened up. However they may have relaxed a lot more now.
edit on 6/21/2018 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
As I've said before:

He just throws random crap out, hoping something will stick -- and then he claims credit for it.

But you didn’t put forth your opinion on how to fix it...which is what this thread is all about.

We already know what is not working, and that’s what we are doing now. How about what you think WILL work?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Is this based on the war room briefings you receive every Monday from the White House?

He's actually going down his list of campaign promises and executing. He's getting stuff done. This is what it looks like.

Yep, best economy in a long time, peace with North Korea, routing ISIS, curbing illegal immigration while STILL giving whiny liberals what they want.

Just terrible.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalterTilley

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Why do anything at all. We should embrace the immigrants and make them citizens. It will grow the economy. We are all from the same planet.

I think the whole immigrant issue is just scapegoating used in scoring political points with people who hate.

If you think immigrants are the cause of all your problems maybe you are not focusing on the right problems.

Woo is going to pay for this? The drain on the economy is going to be dramatic...so you feel anyone who shows up gets in..a million? 10 million? 100 million more? At what level would your country collapse under the weight on their socio-economic systems?

It’s amazing how little some people know about a subject in which they try to argue isn’t it?

Jeez.

It’s either open the border or close the border and we can’t play in between, and it damn sure can’t be open.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
As I've said before:

do you have solutions to the problems he faces? Right now, we are talking about securing the border. If all you have is complaints, you are worthless in this discussion.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

So everyone is a criminal then???

There is no one in America that doesn’t break the speed limit..

So everyone who drank before 21 is a criminal..

Forgot to pay you license tag??

Criminal..

There is no one who hasn’t broken a law..

So there is likely no one in America who is not a criminal then??

Honestly I am shocked you didn’t see that comming lol..

edit on 21-6-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
a reply to: intrepid

not a pipe dream

power to the people

give texans the right and we will secure our border within weeks.

all with volunteers if necessary

Then they would go through NM, Ariz and Cali. They're going to find a way.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

So everyone is a criminal then???

There is no one in America that doesn’t break the speed limit..

So everyone who drank before 21 is a criminal..

Forgot to pay you license tag??

Criminal..

There is no one who hasn’t broken a law..

So there is likely no one in America who is not a criminal then??

Honestly I am shocked you didn’t see that comming lol..

what is a criminal then? offer your definition. It's a real word. MATSGA! DBAD!

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
we closed off legal entry points and are sinking tons of money into for profit detention centers - yay.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

ignorance is indeed restricting such

I agree, you didn't refute that if a company would sponser them, they could get a green card and have the same protections as US citizens.... you know, the whole reason there are laws for immigration, it provides them more protections than it provides us. I wont sit here and try and use the debate to "keep out criminals" as most aren't. So do you advocate just letting them in and being taken advantage of?

Since the ports of entry are closed to asylum seekers until further notice.

Please provide a reputable source that we are accepting no asylum seekers. And do realize they are all claiming asylum, but there is a definition that the UN and the US goes by declaring such, and no, economic asylum does not exist.

My goodness i implore you to direct your crap in another direction pretty please

I don't know if you haven't noticed, but this has been a problem for decades. And just letting them all in will help them no more than the current course. If we can't promise them a job so they can support themselves, what good are we doing them? Hence why that is a requirement for the green card.

Is this a problem? Yes, but we have many others.

Health care in the United States is inflated and benefits corporate interest.

The Veteran Affairs is backlogged beyond belief, so much so vets are committing suicide daily.

Our infrastructure is 5+ trillion overdue in repairs.

We have thrown 6~ trillion dollars at failed wars since 9/11.

So please direct your "superior morality" crap somewhere else. Because you want to react to a dog whistle issue that has been around for decades and degrade people who are trying to have an honest conversation. We have plenty of problems, some of us see the big picture.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I got a solution...

Do what the democrats and moderate republicans have been saying forever and treat everyone as an individual case . Then parse through the lot of them deciding who is worth letting stay and who is not...

Absolutes are almost always ridiculous and counterproductive.. and whether talking about our justice system or immigration “zero tolerance” is doubling down on stupidity..

By saying “everyone must be deported” you limit your options.. when you do come across the truely good people who penalizing will cause a PR nightmare. Your hands are tied.

It’s the same with no trans, gays or women in the military..

What happens when the best sniper on the planet is gay??

Or the best hacker or drone pilot or engineer???

Hypothetically the other side might even use them against you..

I’m all for universal standards applied equally to everyone, but absolutes are stupid.

edit on 21-6-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Can I sneak across Canada's border with no ID and expect to stay if I get caught?

Could Edward Snowden seek asylum there?

You don't have to answer, we all know the answer to both.
edit on 21-6-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
a reply to: intrepid

not a pipe dream

power to the people

give texans the right and we will secure our border within weeks.

all with volunteers if necessary

Then they would go through NM, Ariz and Cali. They're going to find a way.

Killing people is relatively easy. Why doesn't everyone take part in it?

Hint- Ask Baretta

edit on 21-6-2018 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

You are correct, my apologies.

IMHO: DNA test to confirm relationships are valid is a good step, we need to crack down hard on businesses employing undocumented workers. I agree with the "wall" albeit not a physical one (ie sensors, cameras, and drones).

if you have a legitimate blood relationship with a child and are caught here illegally you should be housed in a detention facility together until you are deported. we should build a separate family detention center. its still a prison, and you are going to be on 23/1 lock down for your safety (no general pop.) but you will all be in the same cell. once you are processed you are shipped back (strike 1) you come again, same thing (strike 2). maybe this time let them apply for asylum or w/e. come in again illegally (strike 3) you kid is being taken and shipped back to the Mexican government and your going to US federal prison for 5-10 years.

oh yeah and legalize drugs to cut the feet out from under the cartels.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I got a solution... Do what the democrats and moderate republicans have been says by forever and treat everyone as an individual case . Then parse through the lot of them deciding who is worth letting stay and who is not...

Looks like that's what we've been doing.

The United States has been the top destination for international migrants since at least 1960, with one-fifth of the world's migrants living there as of 2017.

More than 43.7 million immigrants resided in the United States in 2016, accounting for 13.5 percent of the total U.S. population of 323.1 million, according to American Community Survey (ACS) data. Between 2015 and 2016, the foreign-born population increased by about 449,000, or 1 percent, a rate slower than the 2.1 percent growth experienced between 2014 and 2015. Immigrants and their U.S.-born children now number approximately 86.4 million people, or 27 percent of the overall U.S. population, according to the 2017 Current Population Survey (CPS).

source

Tell me what other country takes in those numbers?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

so you have no clue what the definition of "criminal" really is then? LOL, I kind of figured that.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: olaru12

No jobs from the corporate oligarchy, addicted to cheap labor, and the immigration problem would go away.

Elephant in the room eh?

So much stiffer penalties for corporations using illegal labor?

I actually agree with this.

The one person I want to hear from is “Silly”. She loves to post anti-Trump BS, but never offers a solution to the actual problem. I wold love to see her contribute something meaningful in this thread other than faux outrage.

I, too, 1000% agree with those inowingly employing illegal immigrants be prosecuted to the fullest extent of US law. Starting with the hollywood elites and their “domestic staffs”.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join