It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not another imigration thread!!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: JAY1980
A nation with no border has no identity. America will turn into Mexico if nothing is done. Personally I'd like to stay a first world nation where laws are enforced and followed...

The Mexican government is the largest human trafficking organization ever. Funneling millions of people from South America to North America. Hence their outright opposition to a wall similar to the one they erected on their southern border with Guatemala. It would make it harder for the coyote's who work for the cartels who own the government to operate.

Texas and California have very distinct identities. Yet inside the US there is no such thing as a border between states in terms of free movement, borders exist only to define legal jurisdictions. That's all a national border should exist for too.

Do you even realize what would happen if we did that?

Your assertion would be hilarious if I knew you weren’t serious but I know you are serious and so that just makes it sad.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
When are you people going to get it through your thick skull that letting in all these illegals is severely bringing down the pay scales of many sectors of the labor market in the United States? Do you know what that means?

Yes. It means that if your job can be done by someone with no formal education who doesn't speak the language, and that they can do it in the same country as you, for cheaper than you... that not only are you not competitive with the market, but that you've made some very poor decisions in life.

Maybe consider retraining for something more lucrative?

By the way what the hell does a formal education have to do with trade work? In many cases schooling and licensing are required and in all cases it takes YEARS of HANDS ON training.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Not talking about mexican's ?

But I mean the American embassy's IN mexico. one can apply asylum at an America embassy everywhere in the world.

Apply American asylum here :

Calle 60 No. 338-K x 29 y 31
Col. Alcala Martin Merida, Yucatan, Mexico 97050
Phone: 011-52-999-942-5700
Fax: 011-52-999-942-5758

...and no need to put your kid in danger by taking it on a journey is very traumatizing. In fact loving parents should think about the savety of their kids first.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   

a reply to: network dude

Trump is enforcing zero tolerance because it plays well with his base. They want to punish people for not being good enough to get into America.

That's all it is really, it's a way to justify being xenophobic.

no, but if that's what you want to believe, I sure can't stop you.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

So you just spit in the face of all those fathers out their that work their ass off to provide for their families through good honest hard work?

Why are they entitled to more money? Sounds to me a lot like the complaints over minimum wage workers wanting more. Either change the minimum wage laws and fix wealth inequality so that those jobs are viable, or get more competitive. If an immigrant who doesn't know the language is stealing your job... you are clearly not competitive with the market.

So, no it’s not about making bad choices because if you read my damn post you would have read the part where I said that those same jobs used to pay well into the middle class and upper middle class range of the pay scale. Perhaps your reading comprehension skills are lacking because it appears you didn’t comprehend what you read.

No, I read that part. You are not entitled to a good paying job. If the market says the job isn't lucrative, it's on you to switch to something that is. Not to try and cobble together a system of government regulations that forces higher wages on your profession.

What would you say if some these people over ran your job sector and undercut you and your trade? What if they did the same for ALL jobs? Would you still feel the same?

They do, H1B's are designed specifically to undercut me. That's the market.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: network dude

a reply to: Alien Abduct

Of course I understand the difference between legal asylum and illegal entry.

Have you ever experienced life so dangerous that you would take this treacherous journey with your young children?

And as I said, this is a global occurring issue.

I am not going to ignore how globally widespread this issue is -- just because of where my own feet touch the ground.

As previously said, most migrations from dangerous areas is coming from the south to the north. Stopping them at the borders does not address the heart of the problem.

A war is being brought to us (northern borders). A wall will not address the deeper issues. If those issues are not directly addressed there will be no resolution.

In order to keep discussing this, I need to understand something. Are you saying that people are getting arrested at the checkpoints when they ask for asylum?

NO.

Where'd I say anything like that?

I asked you, because if you are speaking of the people who illegally cross into the US, AND THEN GET CAUGHT, they aren't asylum seekers. They are criminals. As has been shown to you, the process for seeking asylum has nothing to do with sneaking into the country. There is a legal process for it, and it may not happen right away.

I know you are smart enough to grasp this, so trying to spin this like the news does may work on complete idiots, but not here. Illegal border crossers are not "asylum seekers" they are criminals.

If you disagree with that, please explain in detail why.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Then what do you call it? Because immigrants only help the country.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Then what do you call it? Because immigrants only help the country.

I have no doubt Trump has reasons for the decisions he makes, and he has plans. To make the low information kind of statement you did, is just lazy. Maybe his reasoning isn't what you like, but I am sure it's more than just trying to please his fans, or coddle his insecurities.

Like it or not, Trump is smart and has the ability to get things done. He's not a politician and because of that, I expect he will make some political mistakes along the way.

If you break this down, nobody died, and very shortly after this whole fiasco started, it was stopped, or at least the part everyone was crying about was stopped. He appears to have not won this one. Time will tell.

I just can't believe that so many seemingly intelligent posters here subscribe to the theory that Trump is a dork who has no clue. I get not liking him, or not liking his ideas, but when you marginalize his intelligence, you set yourself up for great embarrassment. And no, I don't think he's playing 8D chess or anything, just that he's pretty smart and good at making deals and reading people.

ETA: and no, not all immigrants are a positive thing. the gangs, drug mules, human traffickers, and criminals aren't helping anyone but themselves. And the illegal entry immigrants are costing us money from the first step into the country. Some immigrants are good for the country.
edit on 22-6-2018 by network dude because: added thought

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

a reply to: Alien Abduct

Of course I understand the difference between legal asylum and illegal entry.

Have you ever experienced life so dangerous that you would take this treacherous journey with your young children?

And as I said, this is a global occurring issue.

I am not going to ignore how globally widespread this issue is -- just because of where my own feet touch the ground.

As previously said, most migrations from dangerous areas is coming from the south to the north. Stopping them at the borders does not address the heart of the problem.

A war is being brought to us (northern borders). A wall will not address the deeper issues. If those issues are not directly addressed there will be no resolution.

In order to keep discussing this, I need to understand something. Are you saying that people are getting arrested at the checkpoints when they ask for asylum?

NO.

Where'd I say anything like that?

I asked you, because if you are speaking of the people who illegally cross into the US, AND THEN GET CAUGHT, they aren't asylum seekers. They are criminals. As has been shown to you, the process for seeking asylum has nothing to do with sneaking into the country. There is a legal process for it, and it may not happen right away.

I know you are smart enough to grasp this, so trying to spin this like the news does may work on complete idiots, but not here. Illegal border crossers are not "asylum seekers" they are criminals.

If you disagree with that, please explain in detail why.

I've posted a couple times "I know the difference".

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

then I guess I am really confused as to what you are trying to say. You seem very passionate about it, but at the same time, contradict what you seem to have been saying. Could you clarify any?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The hatred of Mexicans is so all pervasive it even spills over to their innocent children. Sad day for America!

www.rawstory.com...
edit on 22-6-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Someone mentioned that. It got no traction.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Why are they entitled to more money? Sounds to me a lot like the complaints over minimum wage workers wanting more. Either change the minimum wage laws and fix wealth inequality so that those jobs are viable, or get more competitive. If an immigrant who doesn't know the language is stealing your job... you are clearly not competitive with the market.

Well you see it’s two main things, one is workers shouldn’t have to be competing with people that are not even supposed to be here in the first place. And another is the fact that those workers are here illegally means that they are willing to work for far less than what the job SHOULD be paying thus bringing down the pay scale.

No, I read that part. You are not entitled to a good paying job. If the market says the job isn't lucrative, it's on you to switch to something that is. Not to try and cobble together a system of government regulations that forces higher wages on your profession.

The laws and regulations already exist, they just need to be enforced.

edit on 6/22/2018 by Alien Abduct because: Fixed quote

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

then I guess I am really confused as to what you are trying to say. You seem very passionate about it, but at the same time, contradict what you seem to have been saying. Could you clarify any?

Let me ask you something.

When's the last time you had a discussion of erecting a wall on our northern border?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
If you turn on the news now you can catch the admin pushing the narrative that the immigration in usa is worst in the world.

My goodness people just round up the violent criminals and let the rest go through the process.

NOTHING is stopping the gov. from capturing violent offenders other than their recent attempt to remove non violent offenders along with the violent ones.

No one should stand in the way of rounding up the violent ones and that has not a damn thing to do with asylum or legal or
illegal immigration.

Stop conflating the issues

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
If you turn on the news now you can catch the admin pushing the narrative that the immigration in usa is worst in the world.

My goodness people just round up the violent criminals and let the rest go through the process.

NOTHING is stopping the gov. from capturing violent offenders other than their recent attempt to remove non violent offenders along with the violent ones.

No one should stand in the way of rounding up the violent ones and that has not a damn thing to do with asylum or legal or
illegal immigration.

Round up every single illegal Immigrant up violent or not and get them the hell out and build that damn wall!

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

illegal immigration.

Round up every single illegal Immigrant up violent or not and get them the hell out and build that damn wall!

dude it will not work that way without a melt down

focus on the worst of the worst just like trump said on the campaign trail.

being here without papers does not make you illegal

there is a bit more to it

treat them fairly and justly according to the constitution and there will no longer be a need for a wall.
edit on 22-6-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Let me ask you something.

When's the last time you had a discussion of erecting a wall on our northern border?

it's not happened yet. Is there an immigration issue there?

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Well you see it’s two main things, one is workers shouldn’t have to be competing with people that are not even supposed to be here in the first place. And another is the fact that those workers are here illegally means that they are willing to work for far less than what the job SHOULD be paying thus bringing down the pay scale.

It's a global economy. Competitiveness means doing the best job for the lowest wage. The Republicans claim American Exceptionalism. I say prove it. Out compete. Be better, faster, and cheaper. If were the best we should be able to do that, if we're not the best then maybe we shouldn't expect the world to hire us for the job.

The laws and regulations already exist, they just need to be enforced.

Existing or not isn't the issue here. Do you believe in the free market? It's against the free market to bar your competition from the marketplace.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Trump is a senile fool. I will say that he has a talent for projecting the image of success, but his wealth acquisition over the years has been a fraction of what it would have been had he simply passively invested. He failed at selling football, steaks, alcohol, football, and get rich quick schemes to Americans. He's a bad businessman and a bad President.

In his younger days I think he actually would have made a good President, but not now. The only saving grace of Trump is that he will be the baby boomers last President and I for one can't wait to see a new generation take charge, boomers have held control over government for far beyond their fair share. Did you know that Bill Clinton, W Bush, and Trump are the same age? They were born within 3 weeks of each other. Bill Clinton was our 3rd youngest President, W was right in the middle, and Trump is the oldest. It's time

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join