It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House considering executive action to prevent family separations at border

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Trump absolutely created the problem and got blamed for it.

He whines for weeks that he can't do anything about it, and somehow, even though they are the minority party in government, it's aaaall the Democrats fault.

He kills the effort that his allies in Congress were making on a bill by saying he won't sign it.

He meets with them yesterday because he's finally gotten it through his head that "the crying children don't look good for us."

(Please note, it's not that "we are mistreating the children" or "the children or suffering" but merely it doesn't look good.)

Today, while his allies are scrambling to find a deal that will work Trump decides to screw his own people over again.

With great fanfare he signs the EO that he said just last Friday he couldn't sign and the only thing it (supposedly) does is reverse the actions taken by his own Justice Department.

What a piece of work.
edit on 20-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

How can you say Trump created this problem when there is historic and photographic evidence that it existed before he took office? That is also how it is the democrats fault. They were the ones actually in office when this law was passed and implemented. The dems may be the minority party now, but they weren't when the legislation was passed.

The law is clear. If the parent or legal guardian can not provide proper care and custody the child should be placed in foster care with a sponsor family, a relative if possible, while awaiting a disposition hearing. A parent in detention awaiting deportation can not provide proper care or custody. Its not hard to understand.

And the really sad part is if we detain children and adults together and something happens to one of the children, you will be the first one to scream bloody murder about it. And of course it will be Trumps fault...

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

They were the ones actually in office when this law was passed and implemented.

What law was passed. Exactly?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You can read all about it. If the parent cant provide care and custody the child is referred for placement and the definitions are quite clear.

link

the 1996 law

BTW, did you ever find a reference for your bs? Still waiting...
edit on 21-6-2018 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Can you point out the part that says children have to be taken away from their parents?

I can't seem to find it in either of your links but it must be there, because you said so.

edit on 6/21/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Wallow in your own ignorance until you find it for yourself.

Still waiting....

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Oh come on.
Prove me wrong.

You can do it.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Ummm...you are supposed to be proving me wrong...remember?

And I am still waiting for your references supporting your bs...

Come on, prove me wrong...hahahahaha

You do this all the time and its really getting old. You demand information and confirmation from people but provide none of your own. No ones owes you a damn thing. I showed you an article discussing the effects of the 1996 law and the law itself. If you dont find the exact phrase you are looking for that is your problem, not mine. There is also a 2002 law that expands the Immigration and Nationalization act as well as the IIRAIRA of 1996. There is a lot of information out there. Go find it. You are the one that wants to see it after all. So, go get it.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   

You're confused. You're supposed to be proving yourself right.
You made the claim. Support it. Or admit you made it up.

edit on 6/21/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

You're confused. You're supposed to be proving yourself right.
You made the claim. Support it. Or admit you made it up.

I made a statement. You have two choices. Believe it or don't believe it. If you choose not to believe it then you should offer a reason why and it should be more than simply your desire for me to be wrong. If you have no VALID reason for denying my claim I owe you nothing.

And again, I am still waiting for you to show me references for the statement you made about baby prisons. If you believe your own words then either show me proof or admit you made it up. Unless you think there are a different set of rules just for you, which would explain why you use this same lame tactic all the time to derail every thread that goes against your beliefs.

Pot------------>kettle

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join