It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House considering executive action to prevent family separations at border

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Trump getting ready to sign some kind of EO or Memo about allowing the Children at the Border to stay with Parents in Detention !!

The laws are tainted and Congress needs to get it together soon just the same.

I bet he says OK to stay together and eliminates the time limits.

Some will like it, some will continue screaming.

Congress is the problem.

White House considering executive action to prevent family separations at border

The White House is considering executive action to allow children to stay with parents caught crossing the border illegally, Fox News has learned -- a step that could avoid the family separations that have triggered a national outcry and political crisis for Republicans.

The action under consideration would allow children to stay in detention with parents for an extended period of time. This comes as congressional Republicans scramble to draft legislation to address the same issue, but face challenges mustering the votes.

President Trump hinted at the new measure, while holding out hope for legislation, during remarks to reporters during a meeting Wednesday with lawmakers.

😎😌

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I bet there will be anger at the poor kids having to live in the sad prison conditions and a move to get them into special housing with soccer balls and ping pong tables will be next on the agenda. Oh, and it will be applauded by the left.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

The gop got the house,senate,potus,and scotus like they asked.
Now congress needs to get off their asses and fix our immigration system.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

hahahaha He cancelled the Congressional picnic tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Sidenote: Breaking.....

Trump just cancelled the Congressional Picnic scheduled for tomorrow !!!

Very serious things are happening !!

😲

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I’m glad that for once Trump is trying to fix the mess he made. It only took most of the country being ready to disown him.

When you see the suburban mom vote start to slip, changes have to be made. I don’t care what party you run under.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Serious Business !!

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Wasn't such a good idea?

Moved a pawn to the wrong square?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: seeker1963

Serious Business !!

Our immigration system has been broken for years and Trump is finally trying to get Congress off their corrupt asses to finally fix it and close the loop holes. We always hear from both sides on how Congress is corrupt and never gets anything done. We finally have a president who is forcing them to do their jobs and all of a sudden he is being called Hitler!

Boy oh boy, I think we should burn down our whole educational system and start from scratch. Only other option is to build millions of rubber rooms until people can be deprogrammed.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It seems to have gotten congress off their asses.....

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

That remains to be seen.

But make sure you pay for my stupid wall or I'm not signing anything.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

How is it his mess again?
Did he force these people to come here?
Are these detention centers a new thing, since he's been president?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
lol

just silly to patch with xo

all he has to do is allow the exception for asylum seekers so they are not charged with crime

anything else will not free the kids because judges will sideline any xo

this is what they do

kickin the can

fluffer

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

The ones for babies are. Yes.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I’m glad that for once Trump is trying to fix the mess he made. It only took most of the country being ready to disown him.

When you see the suburban mom vote start to slip, changes have to be made. I don’t care what party you run under.

Trump didn't make this mess. Clinton signed and implemented the law requiring separation of children from their parents in detention facilities in 1996. It was democrats who insisted that it was an act of compassion to not hold the children in detention facilities more than 20 days but put them in foster care of sponsor families instead. This necessitated separation from their parents since it takes more than 20 days to process the adults.

Trump is fixing something that Clinton broke.

link   

originally posted by: underwerks

it wasn't Trump's mess. he inherited the mess... passed down a few presidency before him.

this still isn't a solution to immigration.

this country isn't what it was 200 years ago, people cant just keep flooding in.
the land of immigrants was a beacon when immigration was imperative to the progress of this massive country. now there needs to be immigration laws fitting for the era we are in today.

but votes are votes, and crucial elections are coming up, Trump is just conforming to what a group of people at some round table beckoning him to do, in the name of the almighty 'seats and leverage'
edit on 20-6-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Phage

That remains to be seen.

www.cnn.com...

looks to me like they are again talking about what they abandoned in february....why is it they are talking about this now again......

link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

The ones for babies are. Yes.

cite reference please

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reinstate the exception for asylum seekers if they have no criminal record

our laws state that any crossing of our border is a criminal act but allows for exceptions that trump ended the exception.

treat criminals like criminals and treat non criminal asylum seekers as humans

lock up the smugglers and such

allow states to deal with immigration as per constitution and allow feds to deal with naturalization as per constitution

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

The problem is the laws and a court decision from years back.

We all know this.

It's gunna git fixed today.

Then Congress needs to get the politics out of the issues.

😎🔑⚖

<<   2  3  4 >>

join