It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressional Intern Yells - [SNIP] You Mr. President! - As Trump Met with Lawmakers.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Because Congress didn't pass a law to end it.

So Trump started it.

Attorney General Announces Zero-Tolerance Policy for Criminal Illegal Entry

www.justice.gov...

Gotta get them misdemeanor doing mothers! Take their babies! That'll teach 'em!

Babies for hostages. The American way!
edit on 6/20/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Heh. Silly kid. Good on them for exercising their First Amendment rights.

C'mon, can the fake outrage ... you guys would have done this to Obama eight days a week.

Obama was there for 8 years, show us where a GOP intern publicly F bombed him on camera while working.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
I'm just amused how many times the mods have edited the title and I suspect someone changing it back lol.

What some consider free speech in real life is not considered free speech on ATS πŸ˜†... go figure.

Rules are rules for a reason because the F bomb would be dropping constantly in these forums.

Now if only DeNiro and this young intern could have the class to express their free speech in a more adult way.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Show me where I claimed a GOP intern did that ... oh, that's right, I didn't.

I used the term "you guys" i.e. the one's in the discussion having a little hissy fit over it.

link   
a reply to: Phage

That is flawed logic.
Are you emotionally involved?
Worrisome.

edit on 20-6-2018 by Wildmanimal because: Add line

link   

Obama ghetto cages

What's that?

-dex

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Wildmanimal

Where is the flaw?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: dragonridr

Do you think border agents can just yank someone back over the border and say have a nice day?

Yes.
Do you think the DOJ has no options on prioritization? That is funny in a sick way:

"We should prioritize criminals and any others concerning from a national security perspective,” Nielsen said. β€œThe criminality that I would be talking about with respect to enforcement priority is above and beyond the original illegal entry.”

www.govexec.com...

I'll you read the article to figure out who said that.

I dont think you understand border enforcement at all. The only way border patrol can stop someone is to arrest them. Under law once arrested a court date needs to be established. If border agents decide not to arrest an illegal they will let them go. If they let them go they can continue on their way to where ever they were going. There has never been an option for border patrol to just drive someone back over the border.

The closest to that is deals with canada and mexico where we can turn them over to them for prosecution. If they are not mexican citizens then this option doesnt exist.

Now for priorities like you mentioned it was in reference to daca recipients meaning if they dont break the law ICE wont be knocking on their door.ive noticed people who scream the loudest seem to know the least about border patrol.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   

"So Trump started it".

There you go.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:04 AM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

To be an intern, they have to exhibit high levels of integrity, intelligence, and a good understanding of how important the President of the U.S. is on the world's stage.

Yeah. And to be a White House staffer, cabinet member, or a trusted friend of the president you have to do ... what? Lie, cheat?

Well, the precedent has been set at murderers and drug dealers, so that would be a step in the right direction at least.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wildmanimal

"So Trump started it".

There you go.

Yes he ended catch and release. Without charges they have 72 hrs to release them into the US.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Because Congress didn't pass a law to end it.

So Trump started it.

www.justice.gov...

Gotta get them misdemeanor doing mothers! Take their babies! That'll teach 'em!

Nope, Trump didn't start any of it, all of the bad immigration policy was all in place chugging along before he got there.

The Executive Branch handles Law Enforcement, Congress makes the laws.

If a law is unpopular it can be changed. Call your Congress person. Maybe you should have made that call ten years ago or so. Make your second call to your favorite Press agency and ask them why you were not informed until they decided it would be used to make Trump look responsible....never mind you will probably heap praise on them. Your lack of being informed didn't help any of Obama's caged kiddies though so sleep well at night.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   

There has never been an option for border patrol to just drive someone back over the border.
So, this was not announcing a policy change?

www.justice.gov...

Now for priorities like you mentioned it was in reference to daca recipients
You didn't read it. Did you?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   

If a law is unpopular it can be changed.

I agree current immigration law doesn't work.

So, take the babies hostage until congress can get off their collective asses. Oh, and make sure there's a wall or else there's no deal. Does it have to include the part about Mexico paying for the wall? Because that might be problematic.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I love how you guys are trying to sugarcoat this. First off u.s kids separated from their parents are not thrown in cages in detention centers they are placed with family members or foster homes. Second crossing the border on the first offense is a misdemeanor. One Fox news commentator compared it to summer camp, anne Coulter called the kids actors, Corey lewandowski said womp womp when told a child with down syndrome was separated from his parents and then doubled down when chastised for doing so. These are the kind of heartless pigs that who lack empathy and common courtesy for their fellow man, somehow we forgot the story of the good Samaritan......"the party of family values" SMH
edit on 20-6-2018 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Wildmanimal

You do realize that if the adults did not cross the border illegally, there would be no chance of separation.

Why is there more of an urgency in enforcing this policy now?

Has this policy of separation of parents and children been practiced as diligently in past, and we were just not aware of it?

Keep in mind The Law. For instance, in a domestic dispute, children can be separated from their parents or guardians. Endangerment. This occurs daily among U.S. Citizens.

This is true. But in domestic juvenile systems there is generally some kind of investigation that accompanies that action. And the affected children's care can be transferred to any willing close family member. And there is incentive to ensure that the children are safe and close the case as soon as possible. I believe it is a more comprehensive system than the one put in place for these displaced children.

There are few things more sacred than the bond between parents and their children. Even if these illegal immigrants screwed up and tried to use their children as "human shields," what right do we have to compound their error. Herding all of these children into these internment camps is not the America I know. There has got to be a better way.

-dex

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

It's 3D chess to get his stupid wall.
Guess who the pawns are.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:30 AM
link   

No it wasnt a policy change at all. What that was trying to tell immigrants was catch and release has ended. This was Obamas solution after he lost the court battle on family internment facilities. Obama was sued to have these shut down. It allowed border patrol to arrest parents and keep the kids with them until processing.

Trump knows you can't arrest the child do to court decision. And he cant hold someone from entering the US without pressing charges. Catch and release worked like this border patrol catches you crossing. They take you for processing where they would get there name and country of origin. Ask them why they were here where they were going. Then they would take them to the nearest bus stop to continue their journey. And hope they return for their court date .

Under US law the only say to detain them more then 72 hrs is to arrest them. Since it takes about a month to see an immigration judge they arrest them so they can hold them until trial.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

That shoe-throwing incident was a nothing-burger compared to what butt-hurt Dims want to do to Trump.

How impressive were the dodging skills on Bush though?
I didnt like the bloke and thought he was an imbecile but he had some moves, dude was like a freakin ninja!!!

Well, when even the pretzels are out to kill ya, you'll learn a sneaky move or two.

lol

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   

No it wasnt a policy change at all
What are you talking about?

What that was trying to tell immigrants was catch and release has ended.
That's not a policy change?

It allowed border patrol to arrest parents and keep the kids with them until processing.
Is that's whats happening? Does getting to processing take a long time? I mean, an hour? A day? Do the authorities strive to get through processing swiftly? Because you know, the sooner you get the baby away from the mother the better. What "processing" are you talking about?

There is no law which requires this. It is indeed, a policy decision. (As well as being a policy change).

edit on 6/20/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join