It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte to arm public in the fight against drugs

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

An independent liberal website makes a claim only backed by hearsay. Seems legit

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

Vs what? your idea that killing people on the street is awesome.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Reading comprehension isn't your strong point. I already am on record as saying ALL serious crimes should be death penalty inclusive

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

If it eventually leads to a better society..then yeah.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: CynConcepts

Those that go into the free rehab have been shot

I never said that, but apparently it has happened, I wouldn't trust "the authorities/neighborhood cappo
A quote from an article I will link.

"At least 7,000 suspected drug users and pushers have been killed by police or unidentified vigilantes since July. Some of the victims include those who have voluntarily surrendered to the authorities. Many fear that implicating yourself might actually put you more at risk."

www.pri.org...

Thank you for sourcing a link. I must admit it does seem that some have fears, but it does not seem to be based on facts. I only see one patient quoted and he admits that he is fearful. Fear is why he was enrolled so he could be safe. I could not find any facts in the article regarding his fear accept for one simply being paranoid over gossip and rumors.

Edit: it is late and I must get some zzzz's. Perhaps a fresh mind in the morning will see more.
edit on 6 18 2018 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy

You are advocating killing people in the streets and saying it will lead to a better society.... Sorry for being rude but your not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed are you...

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Eliminating most of the bad people will lead to a better society

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

well this isn't really a surprise, is it? Duterte has turned a blind eye to summary executions by police and vigilantes, not to mention "death squads" (which he vehemently denies but are common knowledge and anyone who participated and is ready to testify against him suddenly becomes a drug pusher....)

So he's going to arm the Barangay captains...that's like arming the head of every HOA in the US and tasking them being judge, jury and executioner. I'm sure that most of the barangay captains are quite reasonable people. But I'm also sure that a few of them are NOT reasonable people.

We'll see how this pans out, after all we're only at about 12,000 individuals killed at this point. No telling how many of them were innocent...because the only justification required is "ako si pusher" sign hanging around the neck of the person...who many times is killed execution style with hands bound.

I do feel sorry for anyone who has unwittingly slighted a Barangay captain, or the police, or the neighborhood loudmouth. Because anyone can be called a "Pusher." And anyone can be summarily executed without investigation...in Duterte's war. (also don't expect him to step down when his term has ended...he'll say that there's still drug addicts out there and it's a national emergency.)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

You do realize this is sounding like mob rule / law of the jungle?

And what better than a people that have arbitrarily gunned people down in the streets "for being bad".
edit on 18-6-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

This raises quite the conundrum, who gets to dictate who is bad?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   
What you people fail to realize is that the Fillipino people overwhelmingly support Duterte. Even those that usually are opposed to such tactics..the young, the educated, the liberal. Most of them say the same thing...sometimes tough problems require a tough solution. As Cyn pointed out, these things were allowed to fester for a long time, just like they were here in the USA, and in Europe. Neither us nor Europe have exactly fixed these issues, for all of our sanctimony. So why not let Fillipinos fix it the way they want to? Who are we to project our values upon them?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Just because the media says the people support this madness doesn't make it so.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Even our own liberal media acknowledges this

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I think their fears are reasonable, in a country where you can be shot for pretty much no reason, I'm not sure going further and letting any tom, dick, or harry have a gun and go at it will make anything better.
JM2C

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

And therein lies the problem.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

originally posted by: vonclod

I'm sure end users are scared out of their whits, I wouldn't trust the offer.
I have read about too many people being offed over squables not related to drugs, but all the killer has to do is say..drugs, and they get a pass, and a pat on the back.

Those that go into the free rehab have been shot? I have not read that anywhere. Please share your source link.

None of the posters are listening about the free help for those that need it, it seems.

My Filipino friends have no problem with Duterte at all.

He's making the place safer and they are happy about it.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

a reply to: underwerks

Considering that coddlung the criminals and addicts doesn't work, I would say that it IS appropriate use of force.

Edit to add- show me where he has admitted he is an addict..you can't!

Yes, exterminate the addicts; definitely an appropriate use of force.

Give the addicts one strike. Let them know next time is death. One way or another afdiction and crime will soon be a non-issue.

Yeah because drug afdicts are so subhuman, they're best dead, or they might steal my stuff. Good call.

Saint Arizonaguy has spoken.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You are advocating killing people in the streets and saying it will lead to a better society.... Sorry for being rude but your not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed are you...

Depends on who is being killed in the streets.

Innocent people or criminal drug dealers?

Think Chicago or Baltimore.

Where was that shooting the other night? 20 people shot at a club or something?

Douchebag was out on parole too.

Yeah let them walk the streets.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

a reply to: TiggersTheMan

Which means it's not a great loss if they are executed. Just the kind of people I want around me. They don't care about anything or anyone as long as they can get high. Pathetic.

You are pathetic bro.. Probably one of those guys who loves his beer AMirite?

Yeah...I love my beer that I bought with money at my job. I drink it at my house when I have free time, and affect nobody but myself. What's your point?

What if your beer was illegal, and you still fancied a nice cold brew after work, in the privacy of your own home. Billybob up the road brews his own illicit beer, and can sell you a 6 pack cheap. You mosey on down to his trailer, not going to hurt anyone are ya. But suddenly self appointed sheriff Duke approaches, sees you with the illegal beer, and thinking "God Damn Beer Addicts!" shoots you dead.

That's your world you think is so wonderful... But let me guess, if it were illegal, you'd forgo your harmless beverage. Like a good slave.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Depends on who is being killed in the streets.

Innocent people or criminal drug dealers?

Think Chicago or Baltimore.

Where was that shooting the other night? 20 people shot at a club or something?

Douchebag was out on parole too.

Yeah let them walk the streets.

Killing douchebags now in the street, hmm do you consider yourself a douchebag or know anyone who does?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join