It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte to arm public in the fight against drugs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TiggersTheMan

Only the mentally ill would use drugs knowing that death is just around the corner. Most of these addicts think that they're too smart to overdose. Seeing your dawg get his brains blown out in public is a little different

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
SS comes to mind. Or comic books. Was there ever a comic book with 42,000 vigilantes? The guns should come with masks & capes. And definitely "xray glasses" (they can see under chicks clothes havent you seen the ads in comic books?). Maybe throw in set of plans for those hovercar kits you can make with you vacuum, and I'm totally IN.

Well done. I've read it twice -- still laughing...

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Yeah..because making them legal will stop junkies and tweekers from stealing to buy more. Making them legal will stop crack hoes from doing what they do. Seriously? If it was just about personal use I would be ok...but then we open up a whole box of social ills

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy

Only the mentally ill would use drugs knowing that death is just around the corner. Most of these addicts think that they're too smart to overdose. Seeing your dawg get his brains blown out in public is a little different

As I said, you really don't know how any of this works.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Yeah..because making them legal will stop junkies and tweekers from stealing to buy more. Making them legal will stop crack hoes from doing what they do. Seriously? If it was just about personal use I would be ok...but then we open up a whole box of social ills

It would cure a whole box of social ills. By treating drug use as what it is, a health problem. Instead of killing people because they might hurt themselves with drugs.

link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

I look at Duterte's vow to arm the community captains as no different than any government activating a national guard to protect the domestic citizenry from harm. Sure his war on drugs seems extreme, but that is what happens when serious issues are ignored. They always end up becoming extreme.

link   

Make them legal and get junkies and tweekers help. You think just shoot the hoes is a good idea?

link   

This is how a broken society works. And this is how dictators work.
It's sad but true.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I know all too well how it works- believe me

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I don't care if they hurt themselves with drugs. I am worried about all the other people they hurt.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Help is available for free right now...so what would be different if it's legal? Huh? What?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Exactly! And we have ignored it for far too long here as well.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I hope they turn on this pos!

The man is sick in the head and needs to be put down.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

My god you are insanely ignorant if you think killing addicts will stop people from either becoming addicts or help people to get over their addiction.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I hate to sound morbid, but who's gonna arm the innocent cats and dogs from them? I don't say this lightly, the way they kill animals is less than heartless.

It would seem that Civility doesn't come natural in the Philippines.

edit on 18-6-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn
I hope they turn on this pos!

The man is sick in the head and needs to be put down.

Does he need to die because of his various policies?

Or is it simply because he armed some foos?

I've been contemplating the potential for tyranny from this move, and what better way to get there than have an armed uprising without an actual plan beyond "putting down" the leadership.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I know all too well how it works- believe me

If you don’t mind my asking how is it exactly how you know how it works? Where you an addict at one point or know someone that was or possibly robbed by someone that was/is?
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

My second ex-wife is Fillipina. We still talk often. Most of the country loves Duterte. Wonder why? Maybe because somebody is finally taking action to make the Country great. Most people don't realize this, unless you have been there and know the people, but Fillipinos have no real history as a proud and independent country. Before the Spaniards came they were many distinct and different peoples with different languages. After that they were a US territory with little regard. When independence was gained the meddling from the Japanese and Chinese kept them poor. Then WWll decimated the islands. Then they dealt with despotic leaders. Only in recent years have the Pinoy people had a real chance to express cultural identity as a country. If they want to handle crime as viciously as the Pintadas handled Magellan, that is their business, not ours. I applaud it.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Help is available for free right now...so what would be different if it's legal? Huh? What?

You are correct, the Phillipino congress assures that there is enough funding for rehab clinics during each budget hearing. Users are not considered criminals, they are in need of help. Duterte war on drugs is focused on the dealers. Their crack down is to assist those addicted and insure they get the help they need before they become criminals.

Edit add: Source link for more accurate details
edit on 6 18 2018 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Rule through fear, awesome.

Applaud it all you want, you are just as sick as him for wanting people to die because they are addicts.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join