It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte to arm public in the fight against drugs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
In non-Trump related news, it appears Rodrigo The Great has scored another victory. . .

THE Philippines has vowed to give free guns to members of the public — so long as they promise to use them to fight drugs and crime.

The Sun reports, President Rodrigo Duterte said he’s considering arming 42,000 community leaders, known as barangay captains, after consulting with the police and intelligence agency.

Martin Dino, the interior department undersecretary responsible for barangays, said handguns would be provided for free, or private purchases subsidised, but only for those not involved in illegal drugs.

This is an excellent idea, IMO. Nothing deters crime more than an armed populace with the green light to permanently solve any crime issues.

I know some may be skeptical, that perhaps some of these guns may be used for evil...and the leaders there acknowledge that- with a caveat...

Mr Dino said: “The condition is that the barangay captain should fight drugs and crime. If he is conniving with criminals, he could be the one shot.”

I'll be watching this one closely.

nypost.com...

edit on 18-6-2018 by Arizonaguy because: Switched link

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

This is an excellent idea, IMO. Nothing deters crime more than an armed populace with the green light to permanently solve any crime issues.

Exactly. How can there be any crime if everybody is dead?

Duterte= genius.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I look at it as an extreme extension of Peel's Principles.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Those Phillipinos can grow up to 6' and they have been known to kick.
(In the voice of Steve Irwin.)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

AHHH yes give the green light for the population to kill with impunity. Seems like a great idea...(sarc)
This is just a guess but I assume you are a sheriff Joe Arpaio supporter.
I really hope that your comments are sarcastic ones.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy

I look at it as an extreme extension of Peel's Principles.

How so? It directly contradicts several of them.

To recognise always that the extent to which the co-operation of the public can be secured diminishes proportionately the necessity of the use of physical force and compulsion for achieving police objectives.

To seek and preserve public favour, not by pandering to public opinion, but by constantly demonstrating absolutely impartial service to law, in complete independence of policy, and without regard to the justice or injustice of the substance of individual laws, by ready offering of individual service and friendship to all members of the public without regard to their wealth or social standing, by ready exercise of courtesy and friendly good humour, and by ready offering of individual sacrifice in protecting and preserving life.

To use physical force only when the exercise of persuasion, advice and warning is found to be insufficient to obtain public co-operation to an extent necessary to secure observance of law or to restore order, and to use only the minimum degree of physical force which is necessary on any particular occasion for achieving a police objective.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

The minimum degree of physical force which is necessary. That’s not killing people for using drugs. All this does is give murderers cover to kill whoever they want. It wouldn’t surprise me if Duterte was behind a lot of the drugs in his country. He is an admitted fentanyl addict, and you never trust an addict.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Drastic times call for drastic measures. Feel good solutions don't work. Time to get your hands dirty

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Considering that coddlung the criminals and addicts doesn't work, I would say that it IS appropriate use of force.

Edit to add- show me where he has admitted he is an addict..you can't!
edit on 18-6-2018 by Arizonaguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Considering that coddlung the criminals and addicts doesn't work, I would say that it IS appropriate use of force.

Yes, exterminate the addicts; definitely an appropriate use of force.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
SS comes to mind. Or comic books. Was there ever a comic book with 42,000 vigilantes? The guns should come with masks & capes. And definitely "xray glasses" (they can see under chicks clothes havent you seen the ads in comic books?). Maybe throw in set of plans for those hovercar kits you can make with you vacuum, and I'm totally IN.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Drastic times call for drastic measures. Feel good solutions don't work. Time to get your hands dirty

UMMM....What??? NO sir that is NOT how the world works. At least not in the sense that you are speaking of. I really hope you are not an armed individual.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

In the early morning hours of Tuesday, President Rodrigo Duterte indicated to a roomful of businessmen that he was highly dependent on the drug Fentanyl to manage his pain. Duterte explained he was taking Fentanyl “to relieve the pain” he was feeling in various parts of his body.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Like I said, junky. You really going to take a dope fiend at his word? This is probably him just killing off rivals so he can have a monopoly on the drug trade.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

Yes, exterminate the addicts; definitely an appropriate use of force.

Give the addicts one strike. Let them know next time is death. One way or another afdiction and crime will soon be a non-issue.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

It is how the world should work. You steal you die. You assault somebody you die. You rape somebody you die. The crime rate would drop really fast- believe me

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

It must be great to be so naive

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I am curious to see how this does play out in the Phillipines. 42,000 community captains is quite a number. I am imagining a more extreme neighborhood watch on alert. I wonder what instructions/practice they will be given? Honestly, I recognize this is not America and their criminal drug issues comparably were extreme for the population. It still will fascinating to see how this evolves and it is good that the world is watching. Lessons learned ...one way or another.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I honestly cannot believe what I am reading right now. If you keep speaking like this your time here at ATS may be short lived. You believe what you want man but some views are better left unsaid.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Give the addicts one strike. Let them know next time is death. One way or another afdiction and crime will soon be a non-issue.

How is that an effective deterrent, when overdosing is not? I don't think you know how any of this works.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Exactly what I was thinking. I won't hold my breath for acknowledging it's a success if crime does drop drastically there. The left would rather die than admit that firearms in the hands of the good guys is a good thing.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Yep because killing everyone is better than just making them legal WHAT THE F$$$???

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join