It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Leaders To Jeff Sessions: The Bible Does Not Justify Separating Families

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Gryphon66

Yes, he wants his wall. So what? According to the election results, so do a lot of other people. Congress had plenty of time to codify DACA before the election; why didn't they?

Include me as one of those other people who want a wall. Every discussion like this just makes me want it more.

TheRedneck

In rough order of your questions:

He's willing to trade the lives of people for a really ridiculous idea? So what? To me that speaks volumes about the man.

If you assume that every person who voted for Trump also supports the wall, you might say that. Sadly, most Americans did not vote for Trump, ergo by your logic, most Americans do not want the wall.

Sure, I'll remember that you're in favor of a ridiculous idea that will cost billions and make little difference.

You betcha.

You know who supports the border wall?

The agents that patrol the border. If the military said they needed equipment to keep the country safe we would provide it.

Border patrol is saying this wall will help them and keep them safer. I will take the side of the men and women who risk their lives defending our borders over anyone's opinion.

The wall is not just about immigration but about giving our border patrol the support they want and need to keep gangs, drugs and human trafficking at bay.

The wall is not ridiculous to the only people whose opinions should matter.

This should not be a partisan issue. Only ignorant people would refuse to give the border patrol what they need to do thier jobs properly.

edit on 17-6-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Separation of church and state.

If the US is not a Christian nation, why are you people trying to play that card?

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Ask Sessions. He started it with his Bible thumping.
And it's other Christians who called him on doing so.

Didn't you read the OP? Or did you miss the point?
edit on 6/17/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

And you people got angry about it then. Now you seem to be calling for Christian morals to play a part in politics.

I know, I know, "the enemy of my enemy..."

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

And you people got angry about it then.

Not me people.

But I think it odd that Trump continues to lie about it being the fault of Democrats that children are being separated from their parents and institutionalized.

On second thought, no. It's not odd that Trump would lie about that.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   

How is he lying, when the Alien Transfer Exit Program was created in 2008?

Are you sure you arent the one lying?

And what a masterful deflection, phage.
edit on 17-6-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 03:09 AM
link   

I'm not certain exactly what the law says, who wrote it or when it was passed. What I do know is the Obama administration was not enforcing the laws or providing adequate border security.

The Trump administration is following a strict interpretation of the law and treating these illegal immigrants as law breakers.

I personally don't agree with seperation. But I don't agree with non-enforcement of the laws either.

No one's hands are clean in this mess. But Trump has a chance to wash his and do the right thing, something Obama didn't accomplish in 8 years even when he had a majority.

edit on 17-6-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Wow you really injected yourself into this not knowing anything.

Oh, really? Do tell.

The Trump admin was invoking Christian teachings to justify their actions. Thus Christian groups called them out on the BS.

And those Christian teachings can be interpreted to justify their actions. Any use of Christian principles would be directed at a Christian church, so why are devout non-Christians so concerned with the teachings suddenly? Could it be because it's another chance to attack Trump, who apparently is hated more than Christians?

Which is ironic.

And BS, as you say.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   

forms.nomoredeaths.org...

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I though you were all about separation of church and state? Or is that right up until you think you can score God points?

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

The Trump administration is following a strict interpretation of the law and treating these illegal immigrants as law breakers.
His AG has vary narrowly defined who can qualify to even request asylum. Requesting asylum is not illegal.

However, are you not aware that Obama was sometimes referred to as the "deporter in chief?"

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

You hate christian values though, so not really to worried about your opinion on who is living christian values.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You'll have to clarify. I don't see how that explains why Trump is lying about it being the fault of Democrats that children are being separated from their parents and institutionalized.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

And whose responsibility is it to set those definitions?

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
So you are saying I can go break the law and not be punished because they can't separate me from my son?

Wow.

Just, wow.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Congress actually, which is composed of two houses and primarily two parties. In lieu of that, it gives Sessions the ability to do so.

Why lie and say it is the fault of Democrats that children are being separated from their parents and institutionalized. It is his administration's policy which is doing that.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

So you are saying I can go break the law and not be punished because they can't separate me from my son?

No.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: TheRedneck

You'll have to clarify. I don't see how that explains why Trump is lying about it being the fault of Democrats that children are being separated from their parents and institutionalized.

Depends on what the definition of "is" is...

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I totally remember those scriptures in the Bible where Jesus was being infairly tortured and executed by the Romans for having done nothing to anyone except offend the Jewish high priests and he preached all those pain-ridden homilies against the terrible Roman political system of the day!

Oh wait ... he didn't.

In fact, had he done something like it, the Jews might not have been so antagonistic toward him and might not have been so quick to get the Romans to execute him for no reason.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Teikiatsu

No.

I didn't ask you, but if you want to answer, great.

You agree that children are not a barrier to arrest and detain people for breaking the law. Consensus!

p.s. If they are claiming asylum, then should stop in the first sovereign country they find which is not the USA. And since when can you claim asylum from local gang activity?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join