It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Leaders To Jeff Sessions: The Bible Does Not Justify Separating Families

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Suddenly the democrats believe in Christian values.....children are being separated because of a democrat law saying children cannot be detained. So children get pulled from the families and placed into foster care, the only problem is that there is a shortage of foster homes and these kids are in holding facilities. Trump has asked the democrats to change the law but they are willing to hurt children in order to keep bad press on Trump.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousMoose

.children are being separated because of a democrat law saying children cannot be detained.

This is false. It's a Trumpian lie. At best, you are talking about a ruling, not a law, that the Trump Administration is currently violating, according to the ACLU which is taking the Trump Administration to court over the very same ruling.

The rest of your post is just sugar coated pabulum.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I believe it to be a very Christian thing to do to save children from the pure evil of their mothers who would risk their lives trekking to the border and breaking the law by entering the country illegally.

I guess the only bad thing here is that they are returned to these evil monsters they have for parents.

edit on 16/6/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

"Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it."

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

No, and anyone (in power) who suggests otherwise should be fed to lions.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I believe it to be a very Christian thing to do to save children from the pure evil of their mothers who would risk their lives trekking to the border

Does that include the mothers who try to escape from drug cartels?

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Sessions doesn't need the Bible to justify his decisions. But he can uses verses from it to back up his decisions, if he wants to. That's common sense logic.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bramble Iceshimmer

I'm pretty sure we don't have family jails for criminals, so daddy goes to men's jail, mama to women's and that leave kids to go to big day care detention.

The goal is to get word back to families that coming to America will get you separated. Stay away, if you're not going to do it right.

At least Trump is doing it more humanely than Obama did. No kids in cages under this admin, thank God.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

I believe it to be a very Christian thing to do to save children from the pure evil of their mothers who would risk their lives trekking to the border

There are many different scenarios of why a parent may want to leave with their child or children.. as well as scenarios where the children are not even with their proper parents.

What would make sense is the US investing into education and skills in Mexico and setting those good parents up with a future to citizenship ,with a skill to sustain themselves as legal citizens. A good merit program payed directly by US for quality skills and labor. The key is not letting the Mexican government handle any of the overseeing of financing for it, as they are corrupt thieves.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: snowspirit

He isn't a dictator.

He can't just make up stuff and do it.

Republicans have the control of the executive branch, the House, and the Senate. It is in their ballpark, not Dems.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Republicans in DC are ass-munchers.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: darkbake

Republicans in DC are ass-munchers.

AINO - Ass-munchers In Name Only?

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Do you have any way of knowing that the children are actually offspring of the adults accompanying them?

Every one of these adults has sought to deceive the US federal government about who they are. Now, they have possession of minor children (who cannot speak for themselves) which they claim as their own....

How many of them are lying, and are not in fact the legal parents in their home countries? Some of them, surely.

So, you'd have the government give control over these children to anyone who says "I'm not her pimp---I'm her dad!"???

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   

At the cost of their children being raped or possibly killed en route? Besides open the borders and how long till US is cartel territory too.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xenogears

At the cost of their children being raped or possibly killed en route? Besides open the borders and how long till US is cartel territory too.

So you'd prefer they stay still where they are?

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: tovenar

You ask the children after you have temporarily seperated them from whoever they are with. Children are very simple. Make them feel safe and they will tell the truth the majority of the time. If they say they are with family it takes about 72 hours to get DNA tests done to confirm.

This is not complicated.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Oh wanting a better life for your kids is evil?.
Gtfo.
Faker.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Ummmm...

So are we a Christian nation now?

I thought there was separation of church and state (the perversion of the actual separation of church from state), but now that it fits some anti-Trump agenda we are all of a sudden supposed to adhere to Christian values?

What Christian values are we to adhere to? Methodist? Catholic? Presbyterian? Baptist? Holinest? Gee, so many to choose from!

Maybe we need to have a nationwide vote... see what religion we are going to observe in this country?

No.

The simple truth is that this is simply another example of how low some people will go to get their own selfish way. Another example of Trump Derangement Syndrome. Another reason that can be latched onto to show just how terrible people someone doesn't like really are. Just more politics of personal destruction.

For all these people who seem to have now adopted a new religion, might I remind them of the words of Jesus, the Christ, of Nazareth which He uttered in the Garden of Gethsemane after His disciple Peter tried to defend Him by slicing the ear off a Roman guard come to take Him to His crucifixion:

"He who lives by the sword, shall surely die by the sword."

You guys might want to take those words to heart.

TheRedneck

Wow you really injected yourself into this not knowing anything.

The Trump admin was invoking Christian teachings to justify their actions. Thus Christian groups called them out on the BS.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

a reply to: Gryphon66

Yes, he wants his wall. So what? According to the election results, so do a lot of other people. Congress had plenty of time to codify DACA before the election; why didn't they?

Include me as one of those other people who want a wall. Every discussion like this just makes me want it more.

TheRedneck

In rough order of your questions:

He's willing to trade the lives of people for a really ridiculous idea? So what? To me that speaks volumes about the man.

If you assume that every person who voted for Trump also supports the wall, you might say that. Sadly, most Americans did not vote for Trump, ergo by your logic, most Americans do not want the wall.

Sure, I'll remember that you're in favor of a ridiculous idea that will cost billions and make little difference.

You betcha.

You know who supports the border wall?

The agents that patrol the border. If the military said they needed equipment to keep the country safe we would provide it.

Border patrol is saying this wall will help them and keep them safer. I will take the side of the men and women who risk their lives defending our borders over anyone's opinion.

The wall is not just about immigration but about giving our border patrol the support they want and need to keep gangs, drugs and human trafficking at bay.

The wall is not ridiculous to the only people whose opinion should matter.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

a reply to: Gryphon66

Yes, he wants his wall. So what? According to the election results, so do a lot of other people. Congress had plenty of time to codify DACA before the election; why didn't they?

Include me as one of those other people who want a wall. Every discussion like this just makes me want it more.

TheRedneck

In rough order of your questions:

He's willing to trade the lives of people for a really ridiculous idea? So what? To me that speaks volumes about the man.

If you assume that every person who voted for Trump also supports the wall, you might say that. Sadly, most Americans did not vote for Trump, ergo by your logic, most Americans do not want the wall.

Sure, I'll remember that you're in favor of a ridiculous idea that will cost billions and make little difference.

You betcha.

You know who supports the border wall?

The agents that patrol the border. If the military said they needed equipment to keep the country safe we would provide it.

Border patrol is saying this wall will help them and keep them safer. I will take the side of the men and women who risk their lives defending our borders over anyone's opinion.

The wall is not just about immigration but about giving our border patrol the support they want and need to keep gangs, drugs and human trafficking at bay.

The wall is not ridiculous to the only people whose opinion should matter.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join