It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Leaders To Jeff Sessions: The Bible Does Not Justify Separating Families

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

So? Trump's ending DACA wasn't forced upon him. It was a calculated decision that allowed him to use DACA recipients as hostages in exchange for his anti-immigration agenda and funding for his wall.

I never said it was forced upon him; I said it could have been forced upon him if the Supreme Court ruled the way they are expected to rule on the lawsuit against it. There would likely have been no extension to give Congress time to codify in that case. By ending it prematurely, he was able to give Congress 6 months of warning.

Notice that Trump's administration is doing nothing to defend DACA in Texas courts right now. Sessions has decided NOT to defend DACA this round.

No, they're not. We covered that.

At any moment Trump could pardon (amnesty) DACA recipients and allow them paths to green cards and citizenship. But that won't give him the leverage he so desperately needs to implement his anti-immigration agenda by holding DACA recipients hostage.

No, sir, he cannot!

Do you realize what a pardon is? Trump could pardon the DACA participants for their illegal border crossing, yes, because that is a law they broke. He cannot give them citizenship via pardon. That's not what a pardon is.

Do you even read your posts?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I'm pretty sure we don't have family jails for criminals, so daddy goes to men's jail, mama to women's and that leave kids to go to big day care detention.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Now I very well could have missed something, been busy trying to pack and watch the world cup.

But aren't the parents being detained because they were caught either entering/living in the country illegally?

If so, and we leave the kids with them and someone assaults a kid in an adult detainment facility then yall would freak over that.

Now IF your argument is they should be in a better facility because they are kids, then we can have a discussion, otherwise your tilting for the sake of tilting not actually trying to make things better.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I have an idea.

Build a wall, which would keep families from illegally crossing the border in the first place.

For those of you that keep saying criminals and thier children are seperated you are wrong. If I commit a misdemeanor I likely will be spending no time away from my children.

We are treating these people like fellons. I dare say their crime of looking for a better life apart from the law should not be considered a felony or treated as such.

If the parents and children both claim relations they should be housed together and not seperated. This should not be about the law but about what is humane.

I realize that laws are hard to change, but we should at least try when it is obvious that people are being treated inhumanly.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Just FYI... some misdemeanors carry jail time as well, whereas all felonies do.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Trump could give DACA recipients amnesty AND pardons. It's been done before. www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Read your source please:

In 1986, Congress and Reagan enacted a sweeping overhaul that gave legal status to up to 3 million immigrants without authorization to be in the country, if they had come to the U.S. before 1982.

Congress passed a bill; Reagan signed it. Reagan did not act unilaterally, because he couldn't.

Incidentally, I remember that. Reagan agreed in return for funding for increased border security. Congress agreed. Congress got their amnesty; Reagan never got the increased security.

Not again. We get security first this time.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
Repeat-
The most powerful are always expected to support the meek...

And when the meek inherit the earth, then what?

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
Repeat-
The most powerful are always expected to support the meek...

And when the meek inherit the earth, then what?

Then they eat the rich.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

(Don't knock the source, it's not behind a pay wall and it was the best non-biased article that summed up the process. )

Trump has rejected multiple Congressional bipartisan drafts that would have taken care of DACA. Why?
edit on 16-6-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: seeker1963

It's ironic that so many cry, "Separation of church and state!" yet run to religion when it suits their ideological goals.

Who here is running to religion?

OP stated that the Trump Administration does not exhibit the Christian values they pretend to hold ... how is that running to religion?

It's pointing out hypocrisy, using the prima facie witnesses of Christian leaders ... who should Willtell have cited, Muslim Mullas?

Sheesh.
It's just another example of the Saul Alinsky tactic of holding an opponent up to his own values. They are just using this. Democrats don't give a rat's patoot about the children. They sure as heck didn't in the Obama admin when they had all those children in the holding pens.... you know the ones from a few years back that somehow turned up again when they thought they could make the Trump admin look really bad....then oops it was the Obama admin's own policy. But then there's the issue of Marxism overtaking the Church. I know a woman from Brazil, Catholic who talked about this....then there's also the World Council of Churches, which is a UN based thing, and we know the UN wants a One World Government in which it acts as the governing head.
For your understanding of the natur

This leaflet is written to provide factual, up-to-date

Do not forget for one minute, however, that when WCC leaders
www.apfn.org...

This is obviously just a small bit of it.... but it should be enough to explain the radicalism of the WCC and it's role in political leadership around the world. I'm just explaining that when Churches imagine they are doing the work of the Lord by making these types of statements, they may actually be supporting communist dictatorships and/or agendas which have their roots in radical activities which have nothing to do with genuine Christianity.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Trump could give DACA recipients amnesty AND pardons. It's been done before. www.businessinsider.com...

Just because it was done before doesn't make it right either the first time or any time after that. Reagan by the way had Bush Sr as his VP, and Bush Sr and Bush Jr are second and third generation Bonesmen. Bush Sr. made statements during his Presidency which specifically were references to the New World Order. You can find that on YouTube. What these people do are for the express purpose of creating a One World Govt which has a communistic totalitarian basis which overruns our liberties and has Elites running it.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

You are an expert on Alinsky

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
DP
edit on 16-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

It's always strange that the right bring Alinsky up so much and that they seem to know about him so much.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: daveinats
President Trump is not separating these families. These families know the risk when they illegally cross into the us and are caught. What they are hoping for is amnesty and use the children as 'anchor babies'. Mexicans for years would take pregnant women to the Port of Entry bridges, wait till the water broke and then step across 'the line'. They then received a free ride to the hospital, free medical care and a baby that is a US Citizen and cannot be deported.

This is what is happening. These are not poor people looking for a new life. These are schemers looking for freebies...

That is incidentally how some hospitals in California got shut down, for lack of funds due to the overloading with ambulances from the border bringing people in. I read that a number of years ago.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

OH ... that's right Democrats can't be Christians.

I keep forgetting.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Just stay on your side of the border and you won't get separated

That's easy to say about people who have no money and are in danger so they come trying to escape a hellish life.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I'm not knocking the source; I am saying it doesn't support your idea.

Trump has rejected multiple Congressional bipartisan drafts that would have taken care of DACA. Why?

Maybe because they did nothing to fix the problem that caused us to need a DACA bill in the first place?

If you want something, you have to give something. The idiotic Democrat fools in Congress want everything for nothing. It's no wonder they can't negotiate themselves out of a wet paper bag.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Nevertheless, Trump IS using DACA recipients lives as bargaining chips to remove legal family reunification programs as well as VISA lottery programs. Neither of those programs are the root of our illegal immigration problems. And, nevertheless, Trump will ultimately grant DACA recipients "asylum" and a path to citizenship, like his predecessors before him did.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join