It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.K. House of Lords gives Parliament a say on May's Britex Deal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
brexit has turned into death by a thousand cuts.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: rhynouk

It most definitely is a jumble right now, but see how it pans out, plenty of time and shady dealings to go on still.
...University of Plymouth, ah North Hill Rd...so many memories

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: ScepticScot

So rather than a good thing, it's more of a new complication that can mess things up even more so than now?

Again a bit of a yes and no answer.

It's entirely correct that Parliament gets final say on the terms of exit.

However it does probably further complicate the whole process.

Then one would assume those in parliament would keep an eye on the polling data in their decision process, which is a good thing?

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
As a Remainer, I am now glad we are leaving.

Wow I felt genuine emotion reading that profound assertion.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Man........that's just so sad. I'd really had high hopes for the UK gaining its Independence.

Its a cautionary tale for the future generations to learn from. Once your region joins one of these crappy Unions, its near impossible to exit. Us Texans know that for certain!

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Wild swimming? That's new to me.
I can see the ever creeping nanny state and big business wanting to stop it though.
While everyone is up river, no one is shopping or paying to use the swimming pools after all.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

The trouble is, big money wants the EU and so many people in parliament stand to make tens of millions from it that they just don't want us to leave.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Lol, we won't change in these parts, I love climbing over the cliff path wall where a sign says "No cliff jumping by order blah" and yes we die, lost my best mate a couple of years ago, but it's in our DNA with the sea, cliffs, and danger.
Maybe why everyone I know is like bring it on EU, # you. We are activists, we are a tribe.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Wild swimming? That's new to me.

FFS as soon as a Townie discovers something, It's a new fad. I have been swimming in rivers all my life. It's called "swimming in a river".

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Lol yes!
It has become a thing for townies though 'wild swimming' Google it and you'll piss laughing.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

The trouble is, big money wants the EU and so many people in parliament stand to make tens of millions from it that they just don't want us to leave.

As in, "Money talks, BS Walks".
Same the world over.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Its not just about trade, the problem is that the EU now has a Commision, a Parliament, a Court, a Central Bank and wants an army etc. It was originally a Common market but it has just gotten out of hand.
You are so right it has gor out of hand

The plan was always for a United States of Europe. Having a "Common Market" was the only way they could sell it to the punters ie. the British public. After World War II, nobody would accept rule from offshore, let alone Germany.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I want Theresa May to come out with something like that lol.
I've been shocked by the number of 'remain' mates who have changed their mind since the EU have been giving us poison...nothing like treating Brits like dirt to make us pull together.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

There's also 'wild camping' these days. Fair enough I'm a great fan of 'wild camping' but I call it 'camping.'

On topic - I voted for leaving and I've moved across to "Oh #, I hope someone has an idea to take this forward. God I hope it wasn't the wrong move." Despite that, a vote is a vote. The decision was made and it isn't fair for anyone to be claiming 'backsies' until the result suits them.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

That's the problem. Those London elites need their nannies, plumbers, shop assistants because London is too expensive and dangerous for native British who have relocated outside the M25. Then there are the immigration lawyers that make money from asylum seekers needing to "normalize" their immigration status. Farmers offer "lucrative rates" for manual workers but claw back the money by requiring that the people live on site in Portacabins. British workers can't compete because they want their own homes. Then all the country estate land owners can get all sorts of grants from the EU, like the Cash-for-Ash scandal in Ireland and set-aside grants. All those MP's can move to the EU parliament the minute they get voted out of power in their local elections.

Meanwhile, those working in the rest of the UK have to deal with the additional competition for per-hire jobs like taxi and truck driver jobs. Truck drivers can't compete against the EU drivers with jumbo fuel tanks that can be filled up in Eastern Europe and drive all the way across the UK without needing a refill. Taxi drivers face a loss of revenue because of the extra drivers looking for customers. The fisherman got pissed off with their earnings being flogged off to Europe as part of "trade deals". It isn't an ideological battle, it's a financial battle, especially when salaries are being held down as "austerity measures" while anything publicly traded like energy constantly increase costs.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I have EU mates as passionate as I am about the future of the UK.
We will hide them, we will swap homes, we will fight immigration snatch squads....
EDIT
Some EU mates are scared.
edit on 13-6-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I'm worried we'll drop into another recession and wishing we had a crystal ball.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Recession meh, we always survive, just business, and I want the same for my EU friends.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
it seems adonis (lordy) and soros are funding a campaign for a second referendum to reverse the entire process. correct me if I am wrong here but didn't soros jump in a hot tub full of cash when we crashed out of the e r m ?

i'm not too sure how many here watch the european parliament proceedings but as of late, the head suits sitting are really showing their distain towards the uk and it's mep's voicing their opposition towards the negativity shown to them.

f.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Thrive beats survive.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join