It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.K. House of Lords gives Parliament a say on May's Britex Deal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Its not just about trade, the problem is that the EU now has a Commision, a Parliament, a Court, a Central Bank and wants an army etc. It was originally a Common market but it has just gotten out of hand.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I'm willing to take the hit for independence. All my mates are the same, even my EU mates who are settled in Britain.
We will come out of it stronger in the medium term in my opinion.
I voted 'leave' knowing full well there will be poison from the EU and short term challenges, but I have confidence in our nation.
Glass half full kinda guy, every time.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Yes it was very twaddle I do apologise............... Been grinding ally all day in the sun and breathing in copious amounts of glue, the brain has gone mad as always happen at this timw of day. Twaddle, yes it is twaddle. The EU is no good, mask back on, more metal please
PS wish I syill lived I the Suffolks, youo are so lucky living in Cheltenham

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Its not just about trade, the problem is that the EU now has a Commision, a Parliament, a Court, a Central Bank and wants an army etc. It was originally a Common market but it has just gotten out of hand.
You are so right it has gor out of hand

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

As nice as it is round (bits of) Cheltenham. I will always think of Hereford as the best place on earth

edit on 24pWed, 13 Jun 2018 12:06:24 -050020182018-06-13T12:06:24-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: missing letters

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Nope, anywhere south west of Somerset is the best place on Earth!

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Nice for a holiday, but I know where my heart lies

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: ScepticScot

So rather than a good thing, it's more of a new complication that can mess things up even more so than now?

Again a bit of a yes and no answer.

It's entirely correct that Parliament gets final say on the terms of exit.

However it does probably further complicate the whole process.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I've never actually been to Hereford so I can't say anything

Regardless, all our provincial towns and cities will be stronger in the medium term after we leave that cursed bureaucracy known as the EU.
Short term pain, long term gain. I passionately believe it.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Its the sort of place you will love or loathe, but the surrounding countryside is perfect. Seems slightly greener than, say, Gloucestershire or Worcestershire. Kind of like how Ireland is a little bit greener when you see it for the first time.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Got no beaches though mate, I'd die emotionally if I couldn't see the sea every day, honestly.
I will make a 'note to self' to visit one day though

...that's assuming we won't be on foot like peasants after Brexit unable to afford to fill up our cars lol

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

As nice as it is round (bits of) Cheltenham. I will always think of Hereford as the best place on earth

It a funny thing but never been to Hereford in life not even through it from memory but must be worth a go at visiting one day is your recommendation is something to go by. The only thing I can remember is the stroires about Droitwich and some geezer called the Ox. Some cow breed from there too

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Got no beaches though mate, I'd die emotionally if I couldn't see the sea every day, honestly.
So true, life is defo better when the sea is arou

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

We got the river Wye, finest salmon river outside of Scotland. If you go north a mile from town, you arrive at Brienton, which is where half the town used to go for swimming,ming and larking about in summer.

There is something about the sea though. Yeah.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Same sort of feeling as you CornishCeltGuy, I feel as a nation we may fumble around for a short while but we will find our feet and come out of it a lot stronger than we are currently.
My only worry is our government seem to be hell bent on making a deal with the EU even if it is a bad deal for us.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Well, Droitwich is Worcs. But if you do go to Hereford, have a beer in the Barrels in St Owen street. Best pub in town. And just down the road is the Victory, owned by the Wye Valley brewery also.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Interesting observation.

All the oft reported "hard debate" in the UK is because politicians are allowed to have opinions. There are no quarrels going on at the EU level because there is no debate. The EU is negotiating on its own behalf and accountable to no one. Not a sausage. Yet people in the EU will be adversely impacted if they don't start acting like they want a deal and not some some spiteful act that seeks to damage the UK.

What do they care in their Brussels bubble?

As a Remainer, I am now glad we are leaving.

To topic. Sick to death of the die-hard EU lackeys who seem to want autocracy.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I've cried myself to happiness staring out at sea during times of grief. I had a couple of cops (rare in these parts so someone had phoned them) one time checked on me thinking I might kill myself because I was crying after my father had died. I smiled and thanked them but said listening to the waves comforted me, they smiled back, touched my shoulder gently, and said they knew exactly what I meant.

Sounds pretty cool, I'll defo visit one day

Do you reckon Parliament will ban swimming in rivers post Brexit?
I only ask because I saw something on TV the other day, middle class types going 'wild swimming' like it's a thing, ffs, I couldn't believe it, we just called it going swimming all my life, sea, river, lakes etc, modern life is getting more pathetic by the day...Wild Swimming ffs.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: bilbous
Same sort of feeling as you CornishCeltGuy, I feel as a nation we may fumble around for a short while but we will find our feet and come out of it a lot stronger than we are currently.
My only worry is our government seem to be hell bent on making a deal with the EU even if it is a bad deal for us.

Glass half full then, love it!
Confidence is the way forward, and I absolutely believe in our people. We're Brits, we pull it off when we need to.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Nope, anywhere south west of Somerset is the best place on Earth!

I agree. Our part of England is the best.

Brexit seems to be a complete jumble right now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join