It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.K. House of Lords gives Parliament a say on May's Britex Deal

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: nwtrucker

"OK. Which is better? Going through a rough transition or selling your culture and nation to a 'higher authority'?"
No need to sell our culture though, the point is the EU should have been a collection of many cultures and ideologies that operate collectively and to the betterment of all participating nations.

A collection of cultures? More like 25 nations desperately in need of finance

serving the German/France ideology.

Many now disenfranchised with the policies being dealt out to them.....Italy,

Denmark, Greece, Check Rep., Poland, Hungary to name a few ...... The cracks

are showing ..... wont be long before they become chasms.

www.wnd.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: ufoorbhunter
I've cried myself to happiness staring out at sea during times of grief. I had a couple of cops (rare in these parts so someone had phoned them) one time checked on me thinking I might kill myself because I was crying after my father had died. I smiled and thanked them but said listening to the waves comforted me, they smiled back, touched my shoulder gently, and said they knew exactly what I meant.

Almost bought a tear to my eye CCG. That was beautiful, god bless you

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

"Wont be long before they become chasms."

And then what?

Do you imagine our island will be able to stand tall whilst all else around her falls apart down to Brexit?

We live in a world where each nation is dependant on the one next to her for stability and commerce to reign supreme.

Where will we import our goods from if not Europe, our food, resources, luxuries?

We hardly build anything on the scale that we once did.

Christ our main exports are pharmaceuticals, nuclear reactor parts, farm machinery and medical apparatus.

Where are we going to get the stuff we require at cost affordable price without the EU and if other major EU nation fall apart?

edit on 13-6-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   

"Wont be long before they become chasms."

And then what?

It will fall apart like all bad bullying unequal partnerships do. The very

fact they have made it so difficult to dissolve leaving should tell you something

about who is useful to who!!

Do you imagine our island will be able to stand tall whilst all else around her falls apart down to Brexit?

The UK is not the only nation dissatisfied with the EU, there are others,

You make it sound like there wasn't life before the EU.

THERE WAS

We are paying vast sums as the second largest contributer..... no wonder

they dont want the UK to leave.

Britain....the UK .... that small island .....has always been resourceful has

always stood tall.

Where are we going to get the stuff we require at cost affordable price without the EU and if other major EU nation fall apart?

Theres your question and answer in the same sentence.

They NEED us too

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Wise words. Lets see how France and Germany like supporting Greece's broken economy without us paying in. Spain and Italy's too.

I just look forward to the end of the EU gravy train for the likes of the Kinnocks.

edit on 14-6-2018 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

gravy train is de-coupling. the carriages are showing wear and tear. the gnashing of teeth in private chambers and a platinum pension with influence dashed lol. there is still time for kinnock the younger to apply for citizenship within the federal bloc and whilst there he could put a good word in for clegg, cable and all the other eu junkers er sorry junkies!

f

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: fakedirt

Lets hope the wheels come off and it crashes into the barriers.

I went to a debate with Bernard Jenkins (Brexiteer) and Vince Cable (Remoaner) and got the impression that Cable's heart wasn't really in it.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   
it wont be long until brexit disaster is blamed on someone or some ethnic group , the EU collapses as right wing fascists in Italy take over and spread throughout europe

and # rolls around again!

collectively forgetting we already did this once before!

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Where will we import our goods from if not Europe, our food, resources, luxuries?

We hardly build anything on the scale that we once did.

Well put
It is a very worrying time. Speaking form experience I amm a tit bit one man band monkey tennis type light engineer who is only just making a living for the past decade by working silly hours 17 a day every day til Christmas with the one repreve during the day being able occasionly to log onto ATS. I should Sue myself for working well under minimum wage on average if it was calculated. There are loads of us out there in the same boat who are ready to throw in the towel. Any import taxes from the Continent on parts will mean loads of workers will no longer be able to survive, it so finely babanced at the moment it is beyond belief

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

my friend has done the off and now works outside of the UK with no taxes being paid and is only allowed to stay in the UK for 90 days max!

he is fed up with this # show and wants out .

I hate that we dont even have a democracy in the UK !
no one ever seems to bother to challenge this , we just keep trundling along , hingin by the skin of oor teeth
hoping things will get better, when they just get collectively worse with each new iteration of governance!

Just sayin , the whole UK democracy needs to be dissolved , the head of state abolished along wit the unelected house of lords , all the religious figure heads who sit on our boards etc

write new constitutions for each member of the UK , England, Wales, Scotland, Norther Ireland, we protect the people and the environment , People , Planet, Peace

No profit in there !

then when we are all devolved completely and independent from one another then we can work together to be strong
but it will never happen when we already have a system designed to propagate wealth for the select few power families within the UK

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82
Your mate done the right thing if they get way with out paying taxes
tHe older one gets the more your realise we are one big herd of cattle in a field and there is this fery fat farmer who is milking us dry. Taxes up national insurance up fuel price up fags up beer up council tax up swines at the water board bangings up the price again water up, leccy up gas up insurance up insurance premuim tax up car tax up the farmer is now realaly beginning to take us to the point of rebellion or migration. Being honest and realistic being considering going overseas too, if it hits the fan looking to South Africa as a bolt hole to escape if we end up in economic decline / civil war. The time has come to consider this because we can't change things here, there is no way after hunrders of years to change the system, they got the media and CCTV staellites they got their backs covered we never gonna get out of the farmers field to change things it impossible these days

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I'm sure we'll find a way. Britain is less reliant on EU trade than some people want to admit, but it's a sword that cuts both ways. If the unelected EU elite choose to compromise the flow of Spanish tomatoes to the UK then I am sure Moroccan tomatoes will rise to the occasion. Spanish citizens will be permanently disadvantaged because their tomato industry would collapse, while the impact on the UK would be fleeting.

Now the question is whether tomatoes from Morocco, Egypt, Turkey, or anywhere, would be cheaper than Spanish. Probably.

The cost the the EU commission would be zero as smug grins would prevail, Spanish farmers out of work, a bit of inconvenience in the UK while supermarkets get tomatoes from elsewhere. Who is the real winner?

We already see this with the Galileo satellite programme... Removing the UK will cause the programme to cost more and just force the UK to compete, thus disadvantaging both partners. Yet, EU commissioners will doubtless wear smug grins like they have achieved something notable.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Well i hope so because i see some hard times ahead after Brexit for the UK.

Especially if the rest of Europe and major nations fall apart just down to geography alone.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

a reply to: paraphi

Well i hope so because i see some hard times ahead after Brexit for the UK.

Especially if the rest of Europe and major nations fall apart just down to geography alone.

Actually, the whole EU could fall apart before Brexit gets passed. If that happened, one would assume that old and original trade agreements would resurface and be less expensive, as well.

www.thelocal.at...

Merely out wait the EU? An intriguing strategy.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi Britain is less reliant on EU trade than some people want to admit

Sorry but Britain is totally intertwined with the EU. You can't survive without the eU, it would take generations to build the supply chain and replace it. We aint gonna go to your "Morocco" to buy component parts for industry, it never gonna happen in decades. Germany and Italy are totally important and we can't do without them.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: paraphi Britain is less reliant on EU trade than some people want to admit

Sorry but Britain is totally intertwined with the EU. You can't survive without the eU, it would take generations to build the supply chain and replace it. We aint gonna go to your "Morocco" to buy component parts for industry, it never gonna happen in decades. Germany and Italy are totally important and we can't do without them.

More tosh.
China can make anything they do and much cheaper.
more silly remainer "sky is falling" rhetoric.

The only danger about brexit is people like you insisting we cant leave, despite the vote because the world will end.
Too many MP's and Lords are in the same boat and teh EU know this, hence their stupidity with agreeing a workable deal with us.

Remainers will do their utmost to get us the wort possible deal, then sit back and smugly proclaim "We told you it wouldnt work" When all the time it was them destroying the process from within.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I think Brexit will break the UK , and some how the only people who come out on top are the conservative party and their friends who own corporations , the people that vote tory wont benefit at all
as they are not even considered in the tory grand scheme plans!

Brexit will ruin the UK , and will bring an end to the United Kingdom

we will be united in one thing and one thing only , POVERTY!

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

You are forgetting that our Tory Prime Minister was a Remainer.

More "Project Fear" tosh.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

How would those pesky Tories benefit from ruining the UK (I thought that was Labour's job?)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
I think Brexit will break the UK , and some how the only people who come out on top are the conservative party and their friends who own corporations , the people that vote tory wont benefit at all
as they are not even considered in the tory grand scheme plans!

Brexit will ruin the UK , and will bring an end to the United Kingdom

we will be united in one thing and one thing only , POVERTY!

I was under the impression much of your industry is already long gone. That the EU places restrictions on the UK. Export-wise, import-wise and others(?).

One would think if the rest of the world can survive comfortably importing foods, so can the UK. Now, unfettered, the UK can star rebuilding industry. Say following the Irish strategy of much lower Corporate taxes compared to neighbors and those industries will move to the UK for increased profits.

In other words, I see opportunity as well as breaking what's left of the comfort zone . I guess the 'old world' label still applies....sad, really.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join