It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Government Joins with 20 States to Totally Kill ObamaCare.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Kill it!! Kill it with fire!!!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: carewemust

Today is a great day!

OBAMACARE IS DEAD!

The nightmare is over!

May it be remembered in the annals of history as the enormous mistake it was, that we never forget and try again to nationalize an industry without considering the impact on ordinary Americans.

TheRedneck

Yep the nightmare of having health care is finally over for Americans. Cant wait for junk plans and pre-existing condition denials and medical bankruptcies and uncontrolled premium increases to happen again.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
bout damn time, maybe I'll get it offered full coverage from employers again

If you do expect a junk plan that is just for looks as without obamacare that is where things will head again.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: toysforadults
bout damn time, maybe I'll get it offered full coverage from employers again

If you do expect a junk plan that is just for looks as without obamacare that is where things will head again.

No , that WAS ObamaCare . And quit calling it that. Remember , even Obama realized it was shameful and had Pelosi remove his name from it.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Unless you need a life saving surgery. Then, your family is refused the right to decide what to do with you.
edit on 9-6-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Yep the nightmare of having health care is finally over for Americans.

I know, right? Ain't it freakin' glorious?

You can't bring me down with your doom and gloom tonight, Pyle. I might actually get healthcare for me again! Heck, I'm so damn excited I couldn't sleep even!

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   

You can't bring me down with your doom and gloom tonight, Pyle. I might actually get healthcare for me again! Heck, I'm so damn excited I couldn't sleep even!

TheRedneck

Your attitude scares the # out of me because I know many share your belief that healthcare isnt something everyone should get.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Hahahaha!

Don't be scared... healthcare is something EVERYONE should have! Now we can!

*happy dance*

TheRedneck

edit on 6/9/2018 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

I'm not sure I understand the Americans and their aversion to healthcare for all. I mean have you not read the horror stories of people spending an entire life time in pain because they can't afford to pay for healthcare. Or others who have had to sell their homes to pay for a minor operation? People living with pains that could be simply cured or at the least eased but cannot afford the insane prices? Why are American (majority not all) are so afraid to offer their people, the people who have all these great rights to have the right to healthcare or at the least a good enough healthcare plan.

If I've read it right, the US is the only western country that doesn't offer this (I should admit it's only a quick look online and from what I already know). Would it be better to take the idea of someone suffering because they can't pay than knowing that there are people out there, almost always poor people suffering day in and day out and the effect that is happening on their lives. I love the states and would love to move there one day but the only thing stopping me is their healthcare system. I live in the UK, and would never call the NHS perfect but it damn near to it and apart from the cost of moving and living in the US, healthcare is the main thing standing in my way. I mean Imagine with the brains the the US have, the medical research that they go through and yet they are refusing, down right condemning the idea of universal healthcare, but I guess the propaganda machine is running well within the states to stop people thinking anything other than their for profit system is better.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

A government run healthcare isn't cheaper. And if you do the research yourself you'll find that for example, the UK NHS is one of the leading places for child healthcare. The reality is the propaganda machine has done well to put the idea that the American for profit system is better than a universal healthcare system. America is one of the leading places where people go bankrupt or lose everything they own to pay for healthcare only to still come up short.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Not true. This is the rarest of cases and almost always because the family refuse to take medical advice. If you're talking about the kids who were recently in the news, the family were not told they could be saved, they were told that the care they would get outside the UK was palliative care nothing more which would only prolong the inevitable (A horrible thing to say I know but it is fact). I couldn't imagine what the parents were through and without sounding horrible, compare the number of children saved each year in the UK (St Almonds Street Hospital).

And yes if people are wondering I am an ardent supporter of the NHS and healthcare for all. The American system (I've said this before twice) is for profit. When it comes to saving a life, lessening pain for profit shouldn't be the main thing. Also, the fact that people ignore medical insurance companies who refuse to pay out. You're point about a government having a say so you realise the insurance companies in the US are doing the very same thing, they decide what you can and cannot have in your healthcare. They have death panels in their very foundation.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

TheRedneck

You won't find "healthcare" any cheaper than you did with Obamacare. You may find someone to send less money to but they won't provide you healthcare. Get sick and you won't have it when the calendar turns to a new year. . It's not like health insurance wasn't crap and getting more expensive by the year before Obamacare. Get an expensive illness and you won't be able to afford any healthcare.

With this thread I have lost all respect for The Redneck, the disenlighted one.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

That was the whole problem with Obamacare. Obamacare was never a healthcare system! Never! It did absolutely nothing, nada, not one damn thing to ensure healthcare for anyone.

Obamacare ensured that everyone had to pay for health insurance. That's not the same as healthcare. In the process, it made insurance so expensive that people could not afford it and most who could afford to buy it couldn't afford to use it because the deductibles were so high. A lot of us couldn't find jobs because the requirement to provide health insurance meant older folks like me would cost the company too much money to be hired, which left us unable to buy health insurance and thus unable to get proper healthcare because the medical industry required it to see you.

Obamacare was not NHS. Not even close. And I am glad it's dead, and I hope it spends eternity burning to ashes in hellfire while I dance on its grave. It would be nice if people outside the US would at least look at what we had before pronouncing it so wonderful... because it was not at all like you apparently think it was.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

If you really think I have no reason to be so excited over the possibility of any chance for me to get healthcare, then keep your respect. It is tainted, and I'm in too good a mood to worry about the uninformed.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Kind of like the happy dance the Saudi's were doing after 911?

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
lmao. I don't have health insurance and probably never will.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Not true. This is the rarest of cases and almost always because the family refuse to take medical advice. If you're talking about the kids who were recently in the news, the family were not told they could be saved, they were told that the care they would get outside the UK was palliative care nothing more which would only prolong the inevitable (A horrible thing to say I know but it is fact). I couldn't imagine what the parents were through and without sounding horrible, compare the number of children saved each year in the UK (St Almonds Street Hospital).

And yes if people are wondering I am an ardent supporter of the NHS and healthcare for all. The American system (I've said this before twice) is for profit. When it comes to saving a life, lessening pain for profit shouldn't be the main thing. Also, the fact that people ignore medical insurance companies who refuse to pay out. You're point about a government having a say so you realise the insurance companies in the US are doing the very same thing, they decide what you can and cannot have in your healthcare. They have death panels in their very foundation.

There is no "For profit" system in America. There is you "Pay for the service you are receiving" of which varies. No wonder you Brits lost every conflict you have ever been in since 1895.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

Yh you keep telling yourself that we lost every battle we've been in but remember who American comes running to any time it needs help invading another country (always based on lies). We've kicked more than enough backside to prove who we are. Remember in wars America either jumps in at the end and claims victory or they start them and go running to us to help. And yes it is a for profit. If it wasn't for profit then the cost of healthcare would not be so high. It wouldn't be based around people losing their homes or property and become near bankrupt (or all the way) to get simple healthcare but keep living in the bubble of your system is better, which by the way it isn't. You're the last western nation that has this type of healthcare system and it is a disgrace that you still hold it up as good.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I don't think (I'll have to double check) that I said Obama care was a healthcare system. I was talking about the healthcare system in the states. I don't think Obama care was the right way to go either, forcing people to buy healthcare wouldn't help either. I'm talking about the system itself, the American healthcare system is not the right way to go. I'm not saying you guys have to go full on NHS (which you probably should at least adopt the concept) but the current system is not helping any American unless you are very wealthy or can be added to the insurance of someone who is.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join