It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Government Joins with 20 States to Totally Kill ObamaCare.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: Teikiatsu

You pay more for a worse service.

And then you factor in those taxes on all segments of society ... suddenly, the costs even out.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Government could have just flat out given every American citizen a million dollars for healthcare for a fraction of that. Of course that obviously wouldn't be enough for some people but a million dollars is a lot of money and would pay for a lot of the stuff people use health insurance for.

And step two would have been to fully legalize elective euthanasia so that people who are all but finished and can't pay for a decade of laying half dead in a nursing home can have a humane choice.
edit on 9-6-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: toysforadults
bout damn time, maybe I'll get it offered full coverage from employers again

If you do expect a junk plan that is just for looks as without obamacare that is where things will head again.

Obamacare plans were junk. Not many doctors took them, and they paid for very little with sky high premiums and sky high deductibles. You ended up paying through the nose just to say you had insurance and not much else.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

a couple of million Americans will not be able to purchase health insurance

Republicans don't care about that, and $400 isn't terrible. I have to pay $560 a month for medical for my kids from the contract compay I work for.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

a couple of million Americans will not be able to purchase health insurance

Republicans don't care about that, and $400 isn't terrible. I have to pay $560 a month for medical for my kids from the contract compay I work for.

Did your kids just magically appear on this planet or did you choose to have kids? This is confusing. When someone tells me they need to rob other people because they HAVE TO buy something for their kids I always ask them why they have kids.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

You do realize that your NHS has more employees than most any other service on the planet with the exceptions of maybe two or three others (like the Chinese army and perhaps Walmart).

Now consider that it takes all those bureaucrats to run your health system on a couple tiny islands!

Imagine the bureaucratic nightmare it would be to try to pay for such a thing in a country the size of the US. Imagine the budgetary nightmare it is for your country already, and imagine the problems we would have.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

If you want to debate the benefits of an actual healthcare plan for all Americans, I'll be happy to join in. I'd like to see that myself. But Obamacare wasn't it. Obamacare was the opposite of it.

And now it's DEAD!

Now, maybe we can start talking about actually making sure every American has health care.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

Kind of like the happy dance the Saudi's were doing after 911?

Nah, they were amateurs. We're throwing a PARTY!

Ding dong, the plan is dead,
Which old plan? The Obama plan!
Ding dong, Obamacare is dead!

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I've already said my piece on America needing a universal healthcare system. How they can pay for it? How it would begin? How you tackle Insurance company lobbists etc. That's a battle for you Americans to deal with. We are already dealing with our own issue with Healthcare over here (needs better funding, better contracts, less figureheads etc - See not perfect).

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Sure it sounds good. But when premiums quadruple, and deductibles become rape, the old "broken" way is surely better.
edit on 09amSat, 09 Jun 2018 09:34:25 -0500k6346909000000 by darkwingduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Good riddance I had to be on that b.s. plan didn't do me a damn bit of good.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Obama.Care deductibles caused more heart attacks and strokes than any other "pre-existing" condition "at the time" did.

Especially when you have to pay interest too !!

LightStream

🎀🆘

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

The Affordable Care Act (aka "ObamaCare") costs taxpayers $120 Billion in 2018 to insure 9 million people.

Absolutely unacceptable. ACA, must go. Make individuals responsible for their own healthcare again, instead of treating it like yet another handout.

Our population (which has grown ~200,000,000 in the last 100 years) is far too large to be having any sort of "national" anything. Clearly that would have to be addressed before looking at insuring everyone in this enormous country. Simple fact is, like anything else in life, there will be a small group of "have-nots" and a small group of "haves" with a large group of "has some" in between.
edit on 6/9/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I've posted a plan that I believe would work on here several times now. Not gonna do it again. It would give guaranteed health care to every person in the US and cost a minute fraction of what Obamacare cost. The downside? The insurance companies don't make anything extra.

But that's neither here nor there. At least the disaster is over and I for one am celebrating our freedom! Even if the rest of the world wants to mourn it. OBAMACARE IS DEAD! LONG DIE OBAMACARE!

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

The Affordable Care Act (aka "ObamaCare") costs taxpayers $120 Billion in 2018 to insure 9 million people.

Absolutely unacceptable. ACA, must go. Make individuals responsible for their own healthcare again, instead of treating it like yet another handout.

Our population (which has grown ~200,000,000 in the last 100 years) is far too large to be having any sort of "national" anything. Clearly that would have to be addressed before looking at insuring everyone in this enormous country. Simple fact is, like anything else in life, there will be a small group of "have-nots" and a small group of "haves" with a large group of "has some" in between.

Its not far to large for a national system... We have TONS of them already. Social Security and Medicare/Medicaid being some of biggest. We absolutely could have a national system problem is (as you can see in this very thread) people have been brainwashed to give their money to corporations all while saying # everyone else.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

More of the attack on the poor and middle class by the GOP and Trump

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

I'm in that group and I haven't been "attacked". This destruction of "Obamacare" has unequivocally helped me, and it even makes me much happier to boot. You seem to think if people aren't giving something to the poor or middle class at their expense then they are attacking them? How much money and other things have you given to poor people and the middle class lately? If you haven't ever done that then I can PM to you my bank account info, will that suffice? Then people will know that YOU are one of the good ones that DON'T attack the poor and middle class because you give freely to them.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
The only western power without universal healthcare.....Catch up with the rest of the western world it will be cheaper and you will live longer.

Like lemmings falling off a cliff? The only reason any government is interested in its citizens living longer is so they can pay more taxes.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

"The 50 Years War" is ending.

The War on Poverty that put millions into poverty is over with.

The days of nanny-wanna and hopium gone.

Jobs. Try it you'll like it.

😎👈

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: darkwingduck

Well that all depends on what the "old way" you're talking about. Is it back to the way that Americans have lived with before as in for profit healthcare? I'm not saying Obamacare is a good thing and actually I agree with someone who corrected me earlier it was worse but that doesn't mean it cannot be done differently afterwards. I just can't see Americans at least those who are rich enough to afford a good healthcare plan (just writing afford a good healthcare plan seems wrong) allowing it to change. I mean can't you see a way that the Americans get universal healthcare? Hell there should have been a right to healthcare from day one.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join