It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Government Joins with 20 States to Totally Kill ObamaCare.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I haven't searched out your plan so I cant comment on it so excuse me if it addresses what I'm about to say but why do you need insurance companies? They will only look to make a profit. Sadly I just can't see America going for it thanks to the propaganda machines of big pharma and those who have the money to pay healthcare insurance plans. Who knows I could be wrong.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

Government has three primary functions. It should provide for military defense of the nation. It should enforce contracts between individuals. It should protect citizens from crimes against themselves or their property. When government-- in pursuit of good intentions tries to rearrange the economy, legislate morality, or help special interests, the cost come in inefficiency, lack of motivation, and loss of freedom. Government should be a referee, not an active player.

Milton Friedman

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

More of the attack on the poor and middle class by the GOP and Trump

This is an attack?

PLEASE, Mr. President, please GOP, attack me some more! PLEASE!

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

That is actually part of my plan... insurance becomes a luxury again instead of a necessity. My plan doesn't force anything on anyone except for medical professionals. Let me try to give the Readers' Digest version:
  • Within common sense limitations, all medical professionals are required to treat any patient in need, by law,
  • Medical professionals are guaranteed 50% of all billings, with almost no hassle. The other 50% they get if it is recoverable.
  • The IRS functions as a collection system with rules to forgive medical debts for those who cannot pay.
  • An informal court system for medical claims that acts like mandatory arbitration before cases go to the regular courts.
  • Various regulations on price gouging, access to medical records, etc.

Insurance is a service... people should be free to choose whether or not they wish to use that service. Medical care is a necessity... people should be able to access it whether they chose to use insurance or not, but they should also pay their own way when they can.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

But did the NHS allow the parents to determine what to do with their children, or did the NHS deny them the right.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85
a reply to: darkwingduck

Hell there should have been a right to healthcare from day one.

I can see it now. Benjamin Franklin gets up before the Continental Congress discussing the Bill of Rights, and he says, "We ought to have an amendment that requires the government to pay for health care because it is a right!"

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Good!

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

The main problem I see with this is that if you guarantee 50% of all billing via government, how quickly will 50% of the bill look like 100% of the bill today? After all, what won't the government pay for?

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Anything but this....

Obama.Fail.Care

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Cash for Clunkers was another Obama brainstorm that only served to increase the price of used cars, parts for repairs and debt saddling for those that didn’t understand new car payments meant also figuring higher premiums on their car insurance.

Double down on people losing jobs or skyrocketing premiums for what Obamacare did to the medical insurance plans.

Yep, lots of wrong headedness for the con artist in chief backed and cheerleaded by the goofiest loon to ever be called Speaker of the House.

One thing fixed, many many more to go...

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: carewemust

I'll make a deal with you then... I'm going to bed, post it and make my day tomorrow!

It can't be better than the death of Obamacare.

TheRedneck

OK..When liberals learn that Obama's SIGNATURE LEGACY is about to be obliterated, their anger will cause them to forget to prepare for the November mid-term elections. Republicans will GAIN seats in the Senate and House.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

Today is a great day!

OBAMACARE IS DEAD!

The nightmare is over!

May it be remembered in the annals of history as the enormous mistake it was, that we never forget and try again to nationalize an industry without considering the impact on ordinary Americans.

TheRedneck

Yep the nightmare of having health care is finally over for Americans. Cant wait for junk plans and pre-existing condition denials and medical bankruptcies and uncontrolled premium increases to happen again.

Those things didn't happen often enough to make people want what ObamaCare has turned out to be. Most people are longing for those good-old-days to return.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

In 33 out of 50 states, poor people are covered by U.S. Government funded healthcare. It's called Medicaid.

Ref: familiesusa.org...
edit on 6/9/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

a reply to: Pyle

Yep the nightmare of having health care is finally over for Americans.

I know, right? Ain't it freakin' glorious?

You can't bring me down with your doom and gloom tonight, Pyle. I might actually get healthcare for me again! Heck, I'm so damn excited I couldn't sleep even!

TheRedneck

You won't find "healthcare" any cheaper than you did with Obamacare.

Tell that to the 55 year old couple who pay $1,100 a month for a $9,000 deductible.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

Kind of like the happy dance the Saudi's were doing after 911?

And the Iranians. What a party they had!

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
lmao. I don't have health insurance and probably never will.

If you're in America (legally or not), you have medical care available, courtesy of the U.S. Government's EMTALA.
Source: newsroom.acep.org...

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: toysforadults
bout damn time, maybe I'll get it offered full coverage from employers again

If you do expect a junk plan that is just for looks as without obamacare that is where things will head again.

Obamacare plans were junk. Not many doctors took them, and they paid for very little with sky high premiums and sky high deductibles. You ended up paying through the nose just to say you had insurance and not much else.

What made matters worse was the govenment auditing self-employed ObamaCare purchasers, by forcing them to prove what their annual income was going to be, by APRIL of each year! Guess low, and the next year you're hit with a big $$$ "clawback" bill from the IRS.

edit on 6/9/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The main problem I see with this is that if you guarantee 50% of all billing via government, how quickly will 50% of the bill look like 100% of the bill today?

I'd estimate, being generous, 14 hours, 32 minutes 14.3 seconds. Unless, of course, there is a check built in for that, and there is.

As I said, there is nothing forced on anyone in my plan. A doctor does not have to use the IRS for collection; he/she simply won't get their immediate 50% if they go with a private collection service. The catch is that the IRS will also be able to set maximum costs for certain procedures, and attempts to pad bills in order to inflate charges result in a very severe penalty... now, any submitted bills must go through a lengthy approval process before the doctor can collect, and after enough violations the IRS simply won't accept bills from that doctor for collection. The 50% reimbursement is a privilege, not a right. A doctor can still hire a collection service who can still try to intimidate people just like now... but by doing so, they give up the privilege of ever using the IRS for that bill. If they start overcharging, they can be completely shut off. That will also force unscrupulous doctors out of the business.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Republicans will GAIN seats in the Senate and House.

Oh, that... I've been expecting that for some time now, based on the polls. If you adjust the polls today the way they needed to be adjusted back in November 2016, you come up with something like a 75%-25% split, Republicans over Democrats.

I thought you had something new....

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The aca saved my life and my mothers life. Thank you obama and thank you american tax payers.

That's the truth.

I vote republican in a lot of local elections but if trump takes my mothers health care I will never vote republican ever again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join