It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Government Joins with 20 States to Totally Kill ObamaCare.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   
June 8, 2018

The Affordable Care Act (aka "ObamaCare") costs taxpayers $120 Billion in 2018 to insure 9 million people. Those who buy their own ObamaCare insurance have a $7,300 annual deductible with a monthly premium of $400 per month for a 50 year old.

It's the equivalent of dispatching the entire U.S. Navy to save a man in the water. A noble gesture. But not practical, or logical...or necessary.

The Trump Administration sees the annual trend of higher costs for fewer enrolled.
( www.whitehouse.gov...)

It has therefore directed the Department of Justice to stop fighting FOR the ACA/ObamaCare in court. Essentially, abandoning the law entirely.

ObamaCare could soon be history, thanks to a lawsuit filed by 20 states that claim the Affordable Care Act is no longer constitutional. US Attorney General Jeff Sessions is so sure the states are right that he’s folding his cards. In a rare move, the Justice Department won’t defend a federal law.

President Trump was on the mark, declaring that “ObamaCare is over” as he signed the tax-reform bill that included repeal of the health care “tax” penalty. At his State of the Union Address, he stated again that “we essentially repealed ObamaCare because we got rid of the individual mandate.”
Source: nypost.com...

Liberal Press Slams This DOJ Action: nymag.com...

One thing for certain, is that a couple of million Americans will not be able to purchase health insurance, once the ACA/Obamacare is dead. A government-subsidized national pool will need to be set up before that happens. Or, loosen the rules on Medicare to allow ill people under age 65 to buy in to that program.

-CareWeMust

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
bout damn time, maybe I'll get it offered full coverage from employers again

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
bout damn time, maybe I'll get it offered full coverage from employers again

I think the President's goal is to fix two problems with one action.

1.) Eliminating ObamaCare = Lower Premiums and Deductibles for those in decent health.

2.) Eliminating ObamaCare = Forces Congress to Enact a "Safety Net" for sicker Americans quickly, before the November elections.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

$134 / month for part B
$100 / month for a suppliment

Part A comes from payroll tax
Increase necessary maybe?

Could be reasonable.

Hmmm.

😎

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That's too simple for big goberment.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Especially when it remains "individual" choice.

🚬

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Then again...the rabid MSM will pounce on this with such saturation (and hope for a Blue Wave), that Congress could be forced to take the simple, logical, efficient route!

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Today is a great day!

OBAMACARE IS DEAD!

The nightmare is over!

May it be remembered in the annals of history as the enormous mistake it was, that we never forget and try again to nationalize an industry without considering the impact on ordinary Americans.

TheRedneck

edit on 6/9/2018 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   
The only western power without universal healthcare.....
Catch up with the rest of the western world it will be cheaper and you will live longer.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Obamacare is a cash cow for the medical industry. They have been milking the program now for years. They resumed treatment of patients where there is no hope of a cure, creating high bills for the payers of insurance and our government when no quality of life is gained nor any benefit is attained from the extra treatment.

Yes, it is good that we insure people, but Obama care basically changed the way insurance companies are compensated for their payout of healthcare bills, the more they pay out, the more they get to get a percentage of. Obamacare made it possible for doctors to run scams and get away with it or to give more unneeded tests, the longer the patient is sick the more both the medical trades get and also the insurance companies. You cannot give a blank check to people and expect everyone to enter the right amount on it.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
Catch up with the rest of the western world it will be cheaper and you will live longer.

1) It's not universal nor does it care
2) LOL government + 'cheaper'... just wow
3) Try aligning health statistics before you say anything about living longer, it has more to do with diet than doctor and some countries don't count in modifiers like infant mortality and violent crime.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Obamacare is a cash cow for the medical industry. They have been milking the program now for years. They resumed treatment of patients where there is no hope of a cure, creating high bills for the payers of insurance and our government when no quality of life is gained nor any benefit is attained from the extra treatment.

Yes, it is good that we insure people, but Obama care basically changed the way insurance companies are compensated for their payout of healthcare bills, the more they pay out, the more they get to get a percentage of. Obamacare made it possible for doctors to run scams and get away with it or to give more unneeded tests, the longer the patient is sick the more both the medical trades get and also the insurance companies. You cannot give a blank check to people and expect everyone to enter the right amount on it.

I see you've studied and well understand how screwy ObamaCare is. You hit the nail on the head, R.M..

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

And, the $60 Billion worth of ObamaCare taxes will be nixed too.

List of OCare Taxes: jeffduncan.house.gov...

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

Considering how much fast-food is consumed here, America doesn't fare too poorly when it comes to life expectancy. We're in the top 20% globally.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 12:51 AM
link   

I just got my old hiney out of the recliner and did a happy dance across the floor!

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

You pay more for a worse service.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Even simpler: remove $$ cap on medicare/medicaid & SSA taxes, make fixed percentage for all income levels

Quicker funding too...

ganjoa

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I just got my old hiney out of the recliner and did a happy dance across the floor!

TheRedneck

Then I won't tell you what else this DOJ announcement does, or you might just go up on the roof to dance. That's dangerous.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ganjoa

Even simpler: remove $$ cap on medicare/medicaid & SSA taxes, make fixed percentage for all income levels

Quicker funding too...

ganjoa

That makes sense. The apparatus is already built. Just pour in enough funds to make it work with a larger population.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   

I'll make a deal with you then... I'm going to bed, post it and make my day tomorrow!

It can't be better than the death of Obamacare.

TheRedneck

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join