It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Just 2 Months, Trump Reduced National Debt Enough to Pay for Wall

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You left out 2017. I know, you know you did, cause you did that on purpose.

But next time find a link that doesn't prove me right on the same page as what you're trying to disprove...

Show us where krazys links proved you right please.

It's the fiscal quarters just left of 2018's 2 fiscal quarters...

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

You tried to skip an entire year of economic data !!! Speak of weak rebuttals, HA !

You are becoming rather hostile through this, what you said was childish. It was. I'm sorry I expected to have adult conversations with random people on the internet ; That's my mistake no argument there. But I've been respectful of you, you have been mostly respectful towards me... Lets keep it that way.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Drop in the ocean

Yes, but better than an increase.

You're right.... but the budget deficit has increased dramatically under Trump. The budget deficit was $587 Billion in Obama's last year and has increased to $666 Billion in Trumps first year. Forecasts predict the US Budget deficit will reach 1 Trillion by fiscal year 2020.

Gonna need a wall to keep people from leaving...

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yeah so I heard. Lots of minimum wage jobs out there right now,and no one even wants them. Lol.
Part time minimum wage earners don't pay taxes they get tax refunds.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos

You tried to skip an entire year of economic data !!! Speak of weak rebuttals, HA !

Seriously, do you not understand that Trump forecast 3% continuous growth in response to his tax cuts? Why is data outside of the tax cuts valid?

Furthermore, if you are going to drag erroneous data into the mix, let's talk about how Obama hit 4% growth several times and what looks like 5% growth once, but no YOU insisted he only obtained .2% (without any sources).

You are becoming rather hostile through this, what you said was childish. It was. I'm sorry I expected to have adult conversations with random people on the internet ; That's my mistake no argument there. But I've been respectful of you, you have been mostly respectful towards me... Lets keep it that way.

No I'm not. I'm talking to you using figures and data. You calling me childish makes YOU the one being hostile. That's an ad hominem, and no calling me childish isn't being respectful to me. I haven't even insulted you once in the discussion yet you call me childish and hostile.

Drop the persecution complex. Me saying I disrespect Donald Trump isn't a personal attack against you in any way, shape, or form.
edit on 8-6-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
It's a xuenchen thread...alt right la la land

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This isn't rocket science.

A 1 Trillion dollar deficit - 36 Billion collected April 15 with a few May stragglers before June 1st = 964 Billion in the hole this year, and that's not even including adding the interest owed on the already existing debt.

So Trump, and the Republican House and Senate, will add a minimum of 964 Billion to the national debt this year alone.

Why is xuenchen celebrating this?

It's threads like this that make independents, fiscal conservatives, and dems think that Trump supporters are crazy.
edit on 6/8/18 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: redmage

It's threads like this that make independents, fiscal conservatives, and dems think that Trump supporters are crazy.

Blind Loyalty.

Wouldn't it be great if people stopped playing the partisan-politics game and began thinking critically without bias? Even if you voted for someone... you should be critical of them.... even more so. This isn't a friggin football game...

I'm old enough to remember the days when folks could look beyond partisan bias and actually critique policy without denigrating anyone who disagreed. Nowadays the other side is crazy or stupid or snowflakes. I'm guilty of it too....

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Hold on OP, this is mainly a seasonal effect - it's normal for a big surplus in April.
You need to take a much longer period of time to work out the full picture on the trend.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Conservatives have the right approach to the economy. IMO

I just wish the ones in congress would fight harder against the trumpsters and put more of those ideas into practice before the dems take over.

Come on republicans your letting the trumpsters take you over!

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

you need to multiply by 100 to get the %.... it is 0.17% which is not a negligible amount actually...

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Let me know when we've shed a trillion in debt.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

It's really sad that this place has become so filled with misguided people who cannot see the danger that Trump poses to this country and the the world at large. Well over 95% of the planet sees this danger, but the small minority of his cult-like followers in the USA have somehow hidden from their mind the reality of what is going on around them.

Trump is most definitely NOT responsible for any reduction in the national debt. Your convenient twisting of the facts to prop up a wannabe dictator is very sad and distressing. Society is beginning to collapse around us and Trump followers can't seem to wake up to reality. History will judge them the same as those who supported Hitler in 1933-39 - misguided, cowardly, bigoted, and contributing to a global catastrophe (WW2).

It's time to use our head, think rationally, use logic, careful reasoning, empirical evidence, scientific data, and not rely on emotionalism. Freedom, Democracy, and our great Republic will become extinct in a generation if we do not do something now. This is why I look forward to the November 2018 elections to place a check on Trump to prevent the headlong rush into becoming a dictatorship that we've witnessed the past 18 months.

I'm one of the early members of this forum (this is my second account after losing the password to my first set up in I think it was 2001) and I've seen it go from one extreme to another on all sorts of topics. There have always been interesting discussions, but this is the first period I've seen extreme mind-numbing partisanship dominate and blind the minds of once rational thinkers. God save our country, our world, our Democracy ... and ATS too.
edit on 8-6-2018 by dovdov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
This has been debunked, move to lol?

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Dept always goes down between April and May. That is when the checks come in from paying taxes, but it is the first time I have seen credit given to a president for it.

BTW here is the debt clock it isn't going down.
edit on 8-6-2018 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
How about this BOOMING economy we got right now.. I mean it is BOOMING.

Phone is ringing off the hook with work.. People are remodeling their kitchens and bathrooms, people are shopping again.

People have money again.

All thatnks to Trump..

The economy has had runaway growth for the last 6 years. We've been at full employment and then some for the last 4. If anything the economy is growing too fast.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Drop in the ocean

There is no argument there, trump has seemingly turned the US economy around and created jobs
Impossible?

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Great thread! Add in the drug $$$ seizures, and the entire re-vamping of the Veterans Administration Health Program could be paid for.

Another 2% expansion of the U.S. economy and we could have a marvelous National Healthcare System!

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Drop in the ocean

There is no argument there, trump has seemingly turned the US economy around and created jobs
Impossible?

He hasn't though. We've been at full employment for 4 years now. Granted, he hasn't screwed things up but all he has done is continue what was already happening.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Drop in the ocean

Impossible?

He hasn't though. We've been at full employment for 4 years now. Granted, he hasn't screwed things up but all he has done is continue what was already happening.

What constitutes "full employment", Azadan?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join