It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Just 2 Months, Trump Reduced National Debt Enough to Pay for Wall

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'm going to blame Trump

Well colour me surprised!

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos

a reply to: Wide-Eyes

What goes up must come down. It's due for a correction regardless of who is the President. I'd say it's only a matter of time. The only thing that is uncertain is how bad the correction will be.

So if/when they correct you won't blame president Trump ? Because it's a situation that will occur no matter who resides in the White-House, correct ? Can I hold you to that ?

I'm going to blame Trump since he is arrogantly bragging about it now, because what comes around goes around. Maybe if he'd practice some humility on the matter (like Obama did while the economy was being fixed under his watch) I'd provide him some deference on the matter but we all know that Trump doesn't even know the meaning of the word humility let alone how to practice it.

Wow, that is a lot of self-rationalization to make one feel better about being hypocritical...
edit on 8-6-2018 by CrawlingChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
How about this BOOMING economy we got right now.. I mean it is BOOMING.

Phone is ringing off the hook with work.. People are remodeling their kitchens and bathrooms, people are shopping again.

People have money again.

All thanks to Trump..

An economy he inherited from Obama.

Which was inherited by bush after bush almost destroyed it.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
War doesn't pay for itself you know? Takes years of destruction to pave the way for the contractors.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

3.1 ; 3.2 ; 2.9

It happened....

Try again:
Economic data

Economic Growth Falling Short of Trump’s Bold Predictions, New GDP Figure Shows

The economy grew at an annual pace of 2.3 percent in the first three months of 2018, truly falling short of President Donald Trump’s growth targets for the first time since he took office.

Trump has predicted continuous 3 percent GDP growth and based deficit-expanding policies like tax cuts and increased spending on those levels, despite many economists saying they were unsustainable

The article allows that the numbers are above economists predictions, but the tax plan has yet to realize the predicted numbers. Furthermore, the prediction is for continuous growth. Not to hit 3% once and claim victory.

I admit this is being snarky but... Do humble men use the word "me" and "I" as much as Obama does ?

Ok, then I won't answer this dumb question.

Seriously ? Ok... Growth is growth, that's true... But which growth is better 0.2% or 3.1% ? Which one keeps up for inflation and which one doesn't ? In practical terms if you are not exceeding inflation, you are not actually growing the economy. Now I've opened a door for you to reply ' inflation was minimal' which of course it's minimized when you doctor the C.P.I. as EVERY administration in my life-time has done. The whole lets replace steak with hamburger, and vidaal sasuune with generic shampoo, wa-la inflation was minimized.... But it wasn't really, the CPI was adjusted to reduce it on paper, much like U-3 numbers but that's another topic....

Growth ? Yes... Anemic and pathetic ? Absolutely. How anyone with a straight face can compare .2% as being better than 3.1% and call that actual economic growth is beyond me.

Are you high? The growth under Obama was comparable to how it is now. Just look at the first source I posted, click on the 10 year link for the graph and you will see that growth even broke 4% several times while under Obama. Stop ignoring data to suit your narratives.

It would probably be the fault of a tsunami or earthquake..... Sorry bad joke, well it doesn't really matter who he blames it on. What matters is what the actual cause was ; Should he enact some insane economic policy that's hurts, well it would be his fault. I don't understand where you're going with that. If China, Ireland and Japan all cashed out of US treasuries or dumped actual cash into the exchanges and that hurts, well it would be their fault. Again, it kind of matters on what the situation is, and what the actual cause was.

I'm referring to Trump's extreme arrogance that he thinks he has the economy's tendencies pegged.

Is this an actually serious comment ? It's sounds a lot like if I can't play with it, he can't either, type of argueing ; And I think we're both better than that.

It's actually a real argument.
Presidents Have Less Power Over the Economy Than You Might Think
edit on 8-6-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CrawlingChaos

I agree. We are a year and a half into a 4 year service. This is now *trumps economy for better or worse.

*I don't actually think the president has much influence on the economy.
So I don't blame or praise them for it.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

You left out 2017. I know, you know you did, cause you did that on purpose.

But next time find a link that doesn't prove me right on the same page as what you're trying to disprove...

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

a reply to: Wide-Eyes

What goes up must come down. It's due for a correction regardless of who is the President. I'd say it's only a matter of time. The only thing that is uncertain is how bad the correction will be.

So if/when they correct you won't blame president Trump ? Because it's a situation that will occur no matter who resides in the White-House, correct ? Can I hold you to that ?

I'm going to blame Trump since he is arrogantly bragging about it now, because what comes around goes around. Maybe if he'd practice some humility on the matter (like Obama did while the economy was being fixed under his watch) I'd provide him some deference on the matter but we all know that Trump doesn't even know the meaning of the word humility let alone how to practice it.

Wow, that is a lot of self-rationalization to make one feel better about being hypocritical...

At least I'm honest about it. Trump doesn't deserve my respect since he doesn't respect Americans who disagree with him and his policies so I'm going to disrespect him at every turn.
edit on 8-6-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Last I checked the tax reform wasn't in effect during 2017. Do you come from an alternative history where that is the case?

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder
Get ready for the "nothing to see here crowd", after all it just doesn't fit their narrative. Their Narrative - Anti USA everything - From Potus on down till you get to a discussion on Dems.

It's a Xuenchen thread. Need I say any more?

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

In Just 2 Months, Trump Reduced National Debt Enough to Pay for Wall

Hahaha....

If only it were that simple...

US National Debt Clock

MAGA... ok...

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The President appoints all 7 members of the Federal Reserve board. Now tell me that's not wielding economic power...

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

At least I'm honest about it. Trump doesn't deserve my respect since he doesn't respect Americans who disagree with him and his policies so I'm going to disrespect him at every turn.

Come on man... That's childish. Lets have a real discussion.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Last I checked the tax reform wasn't in effect during 2017. Do you come from an alternative history where that is the case?

If you think that tax cuts, or tax increases are the only things to affect an economy ; We're not on the same level of discussion....

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
The source appears to have cherry-picked a very specific time frame to push this narrative, without looking at the situation in its entirety.

Of course it cherry picked. April 15th is tax day when yearly taxes are due and collected.

As for the debt itself... our Republican controlled House, Senate, and President just passed a budget with the first ever deficit of a TRILLION dollars. Rest assured the debt will continue to climb when no one cares to even attempt to balance the yearly budget.

link   
I heard government cannot actually create debt. So national debt is falsely created.

link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Drop in the ocean

Yes, but better than an increase.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

But next time find a link that doesn't prove me right on the same page as what you're trying to disprove...

Show us where krazys links proved you right please.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Come on man... That's childish. Lets have a real discussion.

Would you prefer I lie to you and tell you that I respect Trump? Furthermore, I wrote a long response to you about economic data and you skipped most of it and retorted with a weak rebuttal about 2017. Before talking about my responses, check your own cart buddy.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

If you think that tax cuts, or tax increases are the only things to affect an economy ; We're not on the same level of discussion....

You SPECIFICALLY brought up Trump's promise of 3% continuous growth. That promise was made in reference to the tax cuts. So it reasons that data outside of the time frame when the tax cuts were put into effect isn't valid data. Don't move the goal posts.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join