It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Just 2 Months, Trump Reduced National Debt Enough to Pay for Wall

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Mexico still isn't going to pay "for that f*****g wall," former Mexican president says

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: notsure1
How about this BOOMING economy we got right now.. I mean it is BOOMING.

Phone is ringing off the hook with work.. People are remodeling their kitchens and bathrooms, people are shopping again.

People have money again.

All thatnks to Trump..

An economy he inherited from Obama.

ROFL... Here's the problem on that outlook...

Obama has already spent the last year and a half ridiculing Trump's statements predicting an economic uptick... Remember when Trump forecast a %3 GDP growth ? What was Obama's take on that again ?

Or, when Trump forecasted an upswing in manufacturing as well as manufacturing positions, Obama's response "What magic wand does he have ?"

There is plenty more examples to these statements. If THIS is Obama's economy, why didn't Obama know it ? Why didn't Obama agree with the positive economic outlook ? Why wasn't Obama forecasting more than %0.25 GDP growth after his presidency ?

We come to a conclusion, it's either not Obama's economy or Obama doesn't know what he's talking about ; Which, Then it becomes hard to believe he orchestrated this through fiduciary ineptitude....

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos

Phone is ringing off the hook with work.. People are remodeling their kitchens and bathrooms, people are shopping again.

People have money again.

All thatnks to Trump..

Obama has already spent the last year and a half ridiculing Trump's statements predicting an economic uptick... Remember when Trump forecast a %3 GDP growth ? What was Obama's take on that again ?

Or, when Trump forecasted an upswing in manufacturing as well as manufacturing positions, Obama's response "What magic wand does he have ?"

There is plenty more examples to these statements. If THIS is Obama's economy, why didn't Obama know it ? Why didn't Obama agree with the positive economic outlook ? Why wasn't Obama forecasting more than %0.25 GDP growth after his presidency ?

We come to a conclusion, it's either not Obama's economy or Obama doesn't know what he's talking about ; Which, Then it becomes hard to believe he orchestrated this through fiduciary ineptitude....

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

People have money again.

All thatnks to Trump..

Are you bragging about something that has yet to happen?

Obama is actually a humble man who doesn't brag about a lot of these things. Even while in office he was reluctant to take credit for the economy, but the fact of the matter is that he inherited an economy in freefall and turned it into 6+ years of sustained growth that Trump took over and started taking 100% credit for. I wonder what will happen if the economy actually falters while under Trump's watch. Will he take credit for it then? I'm guessing no and he'll find someone to blame instead.

If it isn't Obama's economy then it isn't Trump's economy either.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I wonder what will happen if the economy actually falters while under Trump's watch. 

We can discuss that if it ever happens.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

No wonder the Bilderbergers are crapping in their pants.

😲💥

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

What goes up must come down. It's due for a correction regardless of who is the President. I'd say it's only a matter of time. The only thing that is uncertain is how bad the correction will be.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Don't be saying anything practical when discussing the Economy. Shame on you for not being as blind as a bat.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

If you'd look at my second post there you'd see the numbers that are higher.

So I'm not sure what they are claiming.

It's like they are cherry picking numbers to make trump look good.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The debt goes up and down on a daily and monthly basis based on that month's specific revenues and when the government's bills come due.

Lets see what are debt is in two years. If it has gone down by a few trillion then I will say trump did something wonderful and will consider voting for him in 2020.

In Just 2 Months, Trump Reduced National Debt Enough to Pay for Wall

The debt can't be a measure of how much money we should spend until it's GONE.

You know why people in america are slaves to debt? Because they don't pay off ALL their debt before they start spending money.

I don't think trump is dumb enough to say he can pay for the wall because he lowered the debt a little.

At least I hope not.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Are you bragging about something that has yet to happen?

3.1 ; 3.2 ; 2.9

It happened....

Obama is actually a humble man

I admit this is being snarky but... Do humble men use the word "me" and "I" as much as Obama does ?

6+ years of sustained growth

Seriously ? Ok... Growth is growth, that's true... But which growth is better 0.2% or 3.1% ? Which one keeps up for inflation and which one doesn't ? In practical terms if you are not exceeding inflation, you are not actually growing the economy. Now I've opened a door for you to reply ' inflation was minimal' which of course it's minimized when you doctor the C.P.I. as EVERY administration in my life-time has done. The whole lets replace steak with hamburger, and vidaal sasuune with generic shampoo, wa-la inflation was minimized.... But it wasn't really, the CPI was adjusted to reduce it on paper, much like U-3 numbers but that's another topic....

Growth ? Yes... Anemic and pathetic ? Absolutely. How anyone with a straight face can compare .2% as being better than 3.1% and call that actual economic growth is beyond me.

I wonder what will happen if the economy actually falters while under Trump's watch.

It would probably be the fault of a tsunami or earthquake..... Sorry bad joke, well it doesn't really matter who he blames it on. What matters is what the actual cause was ; Should he enact some insane economic policy that's hurts, well it would be his fault. I don't understand where you're going with that. If China, Ireland and Japan all cashed out of US treasuries or dumped actual cash into the exchanges and that hurts, well it would be their fault. Again, it kind of matters on what the situation is, and what the actual cause was.

If it isn't Obama's economy then it isn't Trump's economy either.

Is this an actually serious comment ? It's sounds a lot like if I can't play with it, he can't either, type of argueing ; And I think we're both better than that.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Please do Obamas numbers lol. I bet you dont wanna talk about that.

I am finding to really strange how People assume if you are not looking to Trump like a heavenly star, you must love some other Previous President or runner-up!
I can't see anything good about most of the Presidents you'all supposedly have elected over the years and I am really glad I don't care! I am looking for a ruler who will not have an agenda yeah not human.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

What goes up must come down. It's due for a correction regardless of who is the President. I'd say it's only a matter of time. The only thing that is uncertain is how bad the correction will be.

So if/when they correct you won't blame president Trump ? Because it's a situation that will occur no matter who resides in the White-House, correct ? Can I hold you to that ?

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Only AFTER trumps entire time in office can we compare him to past presidents.

Same with obama. Now that he is out of office we can truly say if he was better than bush and clinton.

Not fair to go back to far because times change.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

No wonder the Bilderbergers are crapping in their pants.

😲💥

Bilderberg main agenda: POST-TRUTH.

WTF does that mean? 👀🚬
edit on 8-6-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: Auto correct bs

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I do feel obligated to state that I find the OP to be silly, as it is a cherry-picked stat at a cherry-picked time...

Like someone else mentioned, if the debt was reduced by a trillion dollars over the next year or two i'd celebrate in the streets. But that's probably not going to happen.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

So far but, during the times trump is president and the debt goes up (not winning) more than it did during obamas times I hope you fight as hard to talk about it.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

So if/when they correct you won't blame president Trump ? Because it's a situation that will occur no matter who resides in the White-House, correct ? Can I hold you to that ?

I'm going to blame Trump since he is arrogantly bragging about it now, because what comes around goes around. Maybe if he'd practice some humility on the matter (like Obama did while the economy was being fixed under his watch) I'd provide him some deference on the matter but we all know that Trump doesn't even know the meaning of the word humility let alone how to practice it.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

So this thread started out as trump boot licking but when anti showed you the numbers it turns into an attack obama thread.

You are slipping xuen.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I'm going to blame Trump

Plot-twist, I kinda knew you were already going to do that...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join