It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Entire Swedish Home Guard Was Just Mobilized

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
This is the 3rd strange thing to come out of Sweden recently. Recently we heard about "preparedness" material being sent to the population and now for the first time in 40 years they are activating their National Guard. By recent actions, we would have to assume that they know or suspect something is going down soon.

www.forsvarsmakten.se...
www.thelocal.se...
www.shtfplan.com...

A few weeks back, the government of Sweden sent out a booklet to every household in the country urging citizens to prepare for war or other crises. A few months back, they told citizens that they should be prepared to last for at least a week without any help from the government. Last night, in the most unsettling move yet, they mobilized the entire Swedish Home Guard for an “unannounced preparedness exercise.” All 40 battalions have been activated, effective immediately.

www.euronews.com...

Sweden has called up all of its army volunteers for the first time in more than four decades in a bid to bolster its military strength.

The country, which has a reputation for neutrality, last went to war more than two centuries ago.

It comes after the Swedish government dispatched brochures to its 4.8 million households on how to prepare for an attack.

The pamphlet, entitled If Crisis or War Comes, is meant to get residents ready for a range of scenarios, including military conflict.

Sweden, which last went to war in 1814 with Norway, has not sent such instructions to its citizens since the days of the Cold War.

edit on 7-6-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
The Alien invasion is underway.
Why are we suffering under a media blackout?
Cylons

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

This is the second thread of yours I have read today that fall into the " things that make you go hmmm" category.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
It seems weird that Sweden is the only place that knows.

Is this like WWZ where only Israel knew what was going on because they were the only ones paying attention and brutally pragmatic enough to act?

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
seems very strange, what is going on over there?

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

You're on a roll. Thanks for the heads up.

Strange things are afoot.

General Micael Bydén, the supreme commander of Sweden’s Armed Forces, said it was first time the whole home guard had been tested like this since 1975.

“We are committed to strengthening Sweden's defense and increasing our operational capabilities,” said Gen Bydén. “This is a way to do it.”

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Some added information:
www.bloomberg.com...

The anti-immigrant Sweden Democrats (SD) were backed by 18.5 percent of potential voters, up 5.6 percentage points from the election in 2014, a closely watched biannual poll from the country’s statistics office showed on Tuesday.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

that..speaks volumes!

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Co-incidence be damned.

They damn well know what is about to happen and it looks as if it will be a world event.

Why do they need the whole military unless they expect a lot of danger.

Yes, I did read that it was only an exercise ... just like all of the others.

P

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
never hurts to be prepared... shake the dust off.
but why now?

+29 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Maybe they are finally going to fight back against the foreign invaders that are pillaging their women and terrorizing their country.

One can hope.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SKEPTEK

enough is enough? could be, this will be something to watch, perhaps it will spread.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Loki is making prank calls to the Swedish Govt..

link   
doubleddown
edit on 7-6-2018 by Tucket because: (no reason given)

link   

edit on 7-6-2018 by Tucket because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Some added information:
www.bloomberg.com...

The anti-immigrant Sweden Democrats (SD) were backed by 18.5 percent of potential voters, up 5.6 percentage points from the election in 2014, a closely watched biannual poll from the country’s statistics office showed on Tuesday.

Gearing up to bring on the police state against the growing anti-immigrant sentiment since that's rising in the face of the crime waves?

edit on 7-6-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
They've said several times they are worried about Russia.

Sweden doesnt F around with their security.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I know a fellow athlete whos Swedish we've been talking about our sport but today I began aaking him a lot of questions

Swedish people arnt happy with immigration and the gover ment but they have an election coming up soon with a popular trump like candidate

Also can you add this to my thread about Uranus this is relevant and I just go off my pc
edit on 7-6-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
They've said several times they are worried about Russia.

Sweden doesnt F around with their security.

Apparently they do

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

i dont think they have anything to fear from russia...this is something else

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join