It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Entire Swedish Home Guard Was Just Mobilized

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

As a 1st Responder, I get all the info..and believe exercises and disaster prepardness for families are necessary..and I go thru many...

Mobilization of this magnitude tho..and I understand them...is really unsettling and worrisome.

EMT/ERT
1st Responder
Advanced Disaster Life Support
FEMA/Dept. of Homeland Security
Region 2 South
Michigan

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Thanks for your service.....

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
So what was it, like 40 people? The entire country of Sweden probably couldn't beat my home state of Indiana in a war.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

thanks.
there is a center for refugees in my area, where experts advise them around the topic "Integration in the labormarket". i think there are around 9.000 refugees in munich right now. most of them from afghanistan. to be fair, there are problems, of course, but there is no invasion going on and nobody lives in fear. the biergardens are crowded as always.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The immigrant invasion has finally become too much to turn the other cheek. I guess we'll see....

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

originally posted by: JinMI
Some added information:
www.bloomberg.com...

The anti-immigrant Sweden Democrats (SD) were backed by 18.5 percent of potential voters, up 5.6 percentage points from the election in 2014, a closely watched biannual poll from the country’s statistics office showed on Tuesday.

Gearing up to bring on the police state against the growing anti-immigrant sentiment since that's rising in the face of the crime waves?

Wonder if they have any Walmarts over there.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

originally posted by: Miccey
Ok so to EASE your fearing minds, i can assure you as a former officer
in the said NG, nothing strange about this what so ever...

Long time overdue though on this scale..

But Exercises with the NG happens on a schedule
set up by the HQ.. They have annual exercises
every year..

But the scale that this one is on hasnt happend for
a long time, due to lack of fundings.

Thats it, nothing more nothing less....

Thanks for that information. Makes sense it woul be this time of year, although.....40 Battalions seems like an awful lot of people away from the work force.

From this:en.m.wikipedia.org...

I found:

However, after the 2008 South Ossetia war territorial defense was once again emphasized. Until then most units could not be mobilized within one year. In 2009 the Minister for Defence stated that in the future all of the armed forces must capable of fully mobilizing within one week.

After having ended the drafting system in 2010, the following years volunteer numbers proved to be insufficient to maintain the armed forces. In 2017, a new conscription system was put into place to draft as many personnel as needed to fill the gap between voluntary recruits and required strength

Thanks again! I was wondering if or when we would hear from someone in Sweden.

Oh. Yea. My son recieved the draft bill.
All he had to do was answer some
questions, and at the end was asked if he would like to enlist. He said no.
Couple of months later the result said he
didnt need to show up.

And about the 40batalions, if ten percent
of the men showed up, it would be
considered awsome and a good exercise.

Edit: quote got jumbled on my phone, corrected...
edit on 2018/6/9 by Miccey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hr2burn
The immigrant invasion has finally become too much to turn the other cheek. I guess we'll see....

Sigh!.... If you honestly have come to that conclusion I'm not sure how else to respond than with a sigh....
edit on 8-6-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

edit on 9-6-2018 by ParasuvO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Sigh!.... If you honestly have come to that conclusion I'm not sure how else to respond than with a sigh....

That is what liberals usually do...scoff at the truth

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

That is what liberals usually do...scoff at the truth

Who's truth?

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

No matter what Sweden does, some will always conclude 'It's Muslims.' If you don't blame them, you must therefore be a 'Liberal' or worse...'a Leftist.'

Mind you, I have to write that because I live in the UK police state under Sharia Law.

Sweden could probably do with getting their house in order. What I suspect is happening is an outcome of Sweden and Finland's recent talks about Russian foreign policy. They've both been considering a reorganisation of their militaries in the face of Russia's apparent muscle-flexing. It's cool to regard Russia as the world's good guys/martyrs, but they see it differently when it's literally next door on your Eastern borders.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Miccey

Oh. Yea. My son recieved the draft bill.
All he had to do was answer some
questions, and at the end was asked if he would like to enlist. He said no.
Couple of months later the result said he
didnt need to show up.

And about the 40batalions, if ten percent
of the men showed up, it would be
considered awsome and a good exercise.

Very interesting. In the US when we have a draft, if you dont complly you go to prison. Showing up isnt optional.

Ten percent would be a success? Maybe you should start handing out particpation trophies. I dont know, but to me that just sucks. Maybe Sweden should do the Swiss thing, mandatory 12 month service upon reaching the age of 18 and extend it to the females as well!

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
the action of Mobilizing a great Army of Citizens... is not because of some immediate threat rising up

the government is creating the exercise to inform themselves of just what improvements are needed to mobilize an 'effective response' to a sudden emergency threat to the Nation...

Cern/Russia/Immigrant Migration/Society Crisis/EQs are all possible factors for crisis-upheavals-calmities...and not to forget the devaluation of the currency that is going on to the amazement of both the Swede's & the World

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
so like all 6 of them? something big is coming. stock up on survival gear.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Well, we are not the chefs in the muppet show, and meatballs
arent really swedish...
And we actually DID have mandatory militaryservice.
Up to 15 months, plus additional officers training.

Now days, not so much.
They recently changed the drafting system. Giving all 18
year olds (even girls) a questionare to fill out.
That part wasnt optional, but the service is apparantly.

And i assure you, there are trophys for ppl that DO the
planned exercises...

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Miccey
Well, we are not the chefs in the muppet show, and meatballs
arent really swedish...
And we actually DID have mandatory militaryservice.
Up to 15 months, plus additional officers training.

Now days, not so much.
They recently changed the drafting system. Giving all 18
year olds (even girls) a questionare to fill out.
That part wasnt optional, but the service is apparantly.

And i assure you, there are trophys for ppl that DO the
planned exercises...

I guess it is interesting because it has been a long time. This does make people think why now, but the world is ripe for trouble. The exercise is over I guess being only 2 days. Maybe it was more to check on how many they have available and who is willing.

The exercise is historical and it is over 40 years since something similar was done. Of course, some of the World War II will be exempted from practice, such as those already in service to assist in extinguishing work of fires around the empire and those advocated in connection with the celebration of the national day. The exercise will last until 6 June.

At some point maybe they won't let people just volunteer.

Home soldiers are extremely loyal, so I hope, of course, that as many people as possible choose to participate in the exercise. The homewards' duties to protect and monitor are essential for the rest of the Armed Forces to be able to defend Sweden, says the command

www.forsvarsmakten.se...
edit on 9-6-2018 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Thanks for your service.....

not necessary...but much appreciated

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Could be because of the Russians or could be simply a drill.

I understand the code you used there, as you are an oppressed U. K citizen under the control of the heinous authorities whom censor all speech especially anti Muslim speech...

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Sweden hasn't been in a good "o'l fashion war" for some time now. Other than providing "rent a cop" for the great nation of the "Vatican" in symbolic 17th century garb..they've never had to do anything. But they have been existing of the benefits of other nations willing to not letting them be invaded. They really haven't had a "military" worth mentioning or considering, to anybody.
But they are (like every other) Eroupian country being forced to be "global", "progressive",... "Thinkers".
That alone is reason to have a good "drill" now and more often. I don't blame them. They're on the verge of becoming a "county" in a craphole of a "national union". Don't blame them one bit!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join