It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Entire Swedish Home Guard Was Just Mobilized

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Most western Countries should take the Sweden example and bolster up some. A worrying thing is The Ukraine have been cast as Devils for years now by the Russian propaganda machine with Ukraine wanting some to boycott the WC and continuing to counter any rhetoric.

twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

Many people dont realize just how nervous Russias neighbors are. They have seen russia invade two of their neighbors. Ukraine was a major wake up call as they saw how effective the Russians were using their green men to take over the government in Crimea. And how Russia used its special forces to create a civil war.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51
never hurts to be prepared... shake the dust off.
but why now?

My thoughts exactly!...

40 Battalions!!!!! 😲📣 ...all at once!

Hmmmm....someone is in the know.
edit on 8-6-2018 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

never hurts to be prepared... shake the dust off.
but why now?

Because they have adopted a new defence position. There goal is to be able to hold out from a full invasion for 3 months. What scares them is a report last year that said if Russia attacked within 72 hrs sweden would fall. The military panicked knowing thia is no where near enough time to get any type of support.

So starting last year they adopted a total defense policy. It ranges from cyber warfare to even parking garages being made to turn into emergency shelters. There goal is by 2020 to be able to withstand the full force of the russian military for at least 3 months.

And, you know this how?...

Links?

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo
a reply to: SKEPTEK

i bet, you never been there. the swedish people doing fine and they are awaiting the worldcup starting next week in russia. the same here in germany (we play against sweden in the 'gruppenphase'). by the way, i've seen refugees a few minutes ago while smoking a cigarette. they just walking by without doing anything bad - like 98 percent of them.

Appreciate the report from the street my friend across the pond, need alot more like you to get a live view and keeping it real.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Yea... 'strategy' likes he's the smart one calling for tariffs on steel and metals. It doesn't take an economic genius to understand that doing something that drastic means you are preparing for war or something along those lines.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

The firing up of the steel works is interesting, the Swedes mobilising, Russia building bunkers, Chinese installing defense systems in the sth China sea, increased military in Australias nth... Hmm nothing to see here...

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
a reply to: infolurker

Maybe they are finally going to fight back against the foreign invaders that are pillaging their women and terrorizing their country.

One can hope.

That was my initial thought. I was hoping they were going to go door to door and remove the blight that is Islam from their country. Muslims refuse to assimilate, they are barbaric, they treat women terribly. Maybe the Swedish people have had enough of this multicultural experiment and are going to take their country back. *Fingers crossed*

edit on -05:002018Fri, 08 Jun 2018 06:18:38 -050030America/Chicago000000Fri, 08 Jun 2018 06:18:38 -0500FriAmerica/ChicagoJun by PorteurDeMort because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   

seems very strange, what is going on over there?

Oh - just this. The politicians and military saw the writing on the wall a few months back. Now, Pandoras box is open...

Paul Joesph Watson - twitter

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

They dont like being invaded by people with no respect for their culture who get to live for free on their tax money

Just like were sick of it here

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
the president of the US is an unpredictable moron. if i were another country i'd be looking over my disaster preparedness measures too. honestly, if i lived on earth i'd be looking over my disaster preparedness measures.

oh wait i do live on earth

brb

And this is exactly why NK is ready to negotiate with us now, unlike with previous administrations. Kim finally has met a leader who is more unpredictable than he is.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo
a reply to: SKEPTEK

i bet, you never been there. the swedish people doing fine and they are awaiting the worldcup starting next week in russia. the same here in germany (we play against sweden in the 'gruppenphase'). by the way, i've seen refugees a few minutes ago while smoking a cigarette. they just walking by without doing anything bad - like 98 percent of them.

Is it hard to breathe with your head buried in the sand?

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Because...ABBA!
edit on 6/8/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

Even if not true, look at it this way ...

US foreign policy has been full-on schizo lately. If Russian neighbors cannot count on support from any of the real military powerhouses on the planet and quick support at that (US, China would be it really), then they will get swallowed up no matter what unless they are prepared to put up a good fight and hold on long enough to try to rally support.

In other words, they have to make like England in the face of Hitler during WWII.

It seems that Sweden is possibly serious about this.

And there is a also lot of truth in the old adage that if you want peace, you prepare for war. How many other Russian neighbors aren't preparing? *If* Russian decides to try to expand ala Crimea and Georgia again, which target looks better: one that's sitting there like a newborn fawn in spring or one that has spines like the porcupine? Sweden wants to be the porcupine.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
And there is a also lot of truth in the old adage that if you want peace, you prepare for war. How many other Russian neighbors aren't preparing? *If* Russian decides to try to expand ala Crimea and Georgia again, which target looks better: one that's sitting there like a newborn fawn in spring or one that has spines like the porcupine? Sweden wants to be the porcupine.

Poland has also stepped up by reforming their Territorial Defence Force last year with plans for it to be 50,000 strong by 2022.

The Territorial Defence Force - TDF (Polish: Wojska Obrony Terytorialnej – WOT) is a Polish force made up of professional and part-time volunteer soldiers, forming part of the country's defence and deterrence system. It is the fifth military service, following Land Forces, Air Force, Navy and Special Operations Forces.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Miccey
Ok so to EASE your fearing minds, i can assure you as a former officer
in the said NG, nothing strange about this what so ever...

Long time overdue though on this scale..

But Exercises with the NG happens on a schedule
set up by the HQ.. They have annual exercises
every year..

But the scale that this one is on hasnt happend for
a long time, due to lack of fundings.

Thats it, nothing more nothing less....

Thanks for that information. Makes sense it woul be this time of year, although.....40 Battalions seems like an awful lot of people away from the work force.

From this:en.m.wikipedia.org...

I found:

However, after the 2008 South Ossetia war territorial defense was once again emphasized. Until then most units could not be mobilized within one year. In 2009 the Minister for Defence stated that in the future all of the armed forces must capable of fully mobilizing within one week.

After having ended the drafting system in 2010, the following years volunteer numbers proved to be insufficient to maintain the armed forces. In 2017, a new conscription system was put into place to draft as many personnel as needed to fill the gap between voluntary recruits and required strength

Thanks again! I was wondering if or when we would hear from someone in Sweden.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Maybe they are finally going to fight back against the foreign invaders that are pillaging their women and terrorizing their country.

One can hope.

and when did this fantasy happen?

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
It seems weird that Sweden is the only place that knows.

Is this like WWZ where only Israel knew what was going on because they were the only ones paying attention and brutally pragmatic enough to act?

And they built a wall before most of the world knew.

Maybe Trump knows too

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shminkee Pinkee

One can hope.

and when did this fantasy happen?

Its not a fantasy I spoke with someone I k ow for a fact to be an authentic Swedish person and they aren't all happy go lucky about mass migrarion from 3rd world nations

Why would they be?

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Some added information:
www.bloomberg.com...

The anti-immigrant Sweden Democrats (SD) were backed by 18.5 percent of potential voters, up 5.6 percentage points from the election in 2014, a closely watched biannual poll from the country’s statistics office showed on Tuesday.

This.

I don't think the EU/globalist faction will allow the SD to create a government majority. They will impose martial law before they allow it to happen. Sweden and Germany seem to be their pet projects they can't allow to go off course.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join