It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whole Lotta Nopes!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I can generally deal with spiders so long as they aren't crawling on me or toward me in a confined space like that. The large wolf spiders that come into the basement every fall are fine because I can easily avoid them and work around them.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Same here, if I can see them, not trapped with them.....no problem.

Unseen, confined space...........just no.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: VashTheStampede

Indeed we Australians are mostly aware that our friend the huntsman is not venomous, but you can and most likely will gain a really nasty bacterial infection at the bite site if you are unlucky enough to roll over on one in the sheets and have it defend itself, Ive seen it, my poor mum would bare witness to that (5 or 6 months to heal).

As I dont dont import bananas from south america, brazillian wandering spiders are not a concern, they dont exist here.....

Id also suggest the Sydney funnel web is far more agressive than some folks give them credit for, only provocation required is walking into there little claimed zone of influence, but no the bites are NOT fatal within minutes though as you state but can be in a day or three without treatment.............. it is true that fatalities are very rare from bites of any spider species.

edit on 2 6 2018 by Artlogic because: (no reason given)

edit on 2 6 2018 by Artlogic because: because reasons

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
My hubby's open window policy drives me nuts. He knows better than to leave the windows open in my car but I always check/watch him like a hawk.

It's like an obsession winter/summer doesn't matter. Spiders haven't been a problem yet, LOL. Snow on his seats/dashboard, birds on the steering wheel, snakes under the hood etc., absolutely nothing deters him.

At one time we had to share a vehicle
His day started earlier than mine. I'd ride along to his job, drink my coffee/wake up and then off to work I'd go. We had to leave the house before dawn so it was pretty dark.

One morning I noticed a strange shadow on my knee, no street lights on country roads. I was half asleep, dismissed it and held on for the rough ride while sipping at my coffee. Miles down the road, after it got a little lighter, I realized the shadow was a mouse.

I jumped around/knocked him off while my hubby laughed. I then had to drive 15 miles to work. I cursed that mouse the whole way, dared him to perch on my knee again.

After the long disgusting ride I parked/jumped out and slammed the truck door hard. Didn't think about it until I got off work, opened the door and there in the threshold was a squashed dead mouse. When I slammed the truck door, I flattened that sucker like a pancake LOL. Showed him.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Sounds like the perfect lover's lane mobile.

Makes me think of some terribly delicious come-on lines: "Honey can you see the spider on my arm? That's because when I look at you I realize I had no nookie for so long, I've got cobwebs in my jocks".

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

How about I see your off-topic post calling out an off-topic post and raise it with an off-topic post calling out your off-topic post about another off-topic post.

See how fun this is?

Who's got next?

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Is it bad that I chuckled at this?

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Tundra

No. I laughed at it too. That was sort of the point.

It's really funny now that I'm not living it anymore.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

😳😳😳
I just had to deal with a black, muscular spider on the couch. I've got towels tucked in on it, because the dogs get up there, and I was retucking the yellow towel in when I saw it. I quickly and carefully threw the towel off, trying to not throw the spider on the Shihtzu, had to pick up the towel multiple times to find the damn thing, finally stomped on it, and stood there shuddering with three dogs looking at me, like they were laughing.

If I had your type of day, I'd likely be in therapy now.....

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Hehe, star for "muscular spider"..

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
This member that I'm 'calling out' does that all the time. Posts something snide and removes it 2 minutes later.

They deserve to be called out.

edit on 2-6-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Why did I read this?

Oh, check your PMs.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join