It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MGTOW - Men Going Their Own Way, Thanks Feminism

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Six grand for nothing, mate I feel for you.
It ain't all sunshine and roses here though, just my little corner of the island I wouldn't change for the world...well maybe more sunshine lol, you know, our weather can be crap sometimes, grey and overcast!
I genuinely feel for any parent who is denied access to being a parent, most precious job I've ever done, now my son looks after me, the 6 foot plus lump of a rugby player he is these days.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

I am soooo worried about this with my now 13 year old son. Pure selfishness on the mothers part. Of coarse my crazy ex still plays the victim, even though she has admitted to me she was a terrible wife. I’m taking Crazy pills!!!

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: peck420
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Then you have a very flawed misunderstanding of MGTOW.

Then sorry, I guess I do, it's not a thing in Britain so I of course struggle to understand what seems like a divisive gender movement to me.
I hope it doesn't catch on in Britain either, seems odd to me.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I could of easily been one of these MGTOW dudes. Have had my life destroyed by a destructive woman. But that did not make me hate all woman. It just made me reflect on myself and realize that I was the one who kept trying to have relationships with these types of women.

Once I realized this I was finally able to find the right woman for me. If a man or woman has nothing but fiery disastrous life destroying relationships. Sometimes you have to look within before you just blame everyone else. But self reflection is hard. So burning the world down becomes the go to option.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

I am soooo worried about this with my now 13 year old son. Pure selfishness on the mothers part. Of coarse my crazy ex still plays the victim, even though she has admitted to me she was a terrible wife. I’m taking Crazy pills!!!

As long as you're have a role in his life and can teach him what he needs to know, he'll be ok. My brother and I don't have the same father, but neither of our fathers were in our lives. We were the only boys surrounded by a LOT of crazy females. lol

Even though my mom didn't teach us how to protect ourselves from bad women, she did teach us to have good hearts and not give up on someone right away. We stuck out the bad relationships because we did care and wanted to make things work. As many have learned, you can't fix crazy.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Then sorry, I guess I do, it's not a thing in Britain so I of course struggle to understand what seems like a divisive gender movement to me.
I hope it doesn't catch on in Britain either, seems odd to me.

It has already started in Britain, you just haven't come face to face with it yet.

The problem for most, with understanding MGTOW, is the want to categorize things implicitly, and that has been coupled with the massive influx of non-MGTOW influences as of recent events.

First: MGTOW is not ati-women. It is not pro-men, either. It is really pro-self. I can no more define MGTOW for another, then they can for me. We are all unique, and we must all pave a path for our own uniqueness.

Second: MGTOW is what you make of it. For me, it has opened new avenues of communication with my wife and daughter (different for both). I was raised under the edict of, "happy wife = happy life". I no longer wear those shackles. My wife no longer hides behind that expectation. Big win for both of us. Saved our marriage, too be honest.

Third: Expect to encounter anger from newer members. Many join after being hurt, not after self reflection or happenstance. Expect the anger, help them navigate a way to peace, send them on their own way, on their own terms.
edit on 30-5-2018 by peck420 because: Grammar, spelling...take your pick, probably still bad.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy
I could of easily been one of these MGTOW dudes. Have had my life destroyed by a destructive woman. But that did not make me hate all woman. It just made me reflect on myself and realize that I was the one who kept trying to have relationships with these types of women.

There's a lot of truth in that as well. I also had to learn what I was attracted to, and why I kept looking at bad women. There was a time that I actually hated all women, didn't trust a single one. If a woman smiled at me, all I could think was "I don't have anymore blood to drain!", or something along those lines.

Oddly enough, it was women that helped me through that. One in particular lived in Australia, we were good friends online. She helped me with a lot of that, and I greatly appreciate her for it. Thanks to her, I was able to have a relationship end and not be bitter towards the gender, just that person. XD

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Yeah, 11k after paying her lawyer bills. AND they made me pay for her fu##ing plane ticket back to AZ for court. You know, where she absconded my kids from.

We lived in TX. Got separated there. Her idea for all of us to move back to AZ to be closer to our family, for my kids and us, as we were going thru the divorce (both our parents and her siblings live here). I had 50% custody. Then six months after moving back to AZ, she called me one day and said her and the kids were back in TX and she was filing a restraining order against me (I never laid a hand on her. She used to kick the # out of me though). All so she could milk off of a new boyfriend, just like she did with me. And of coarse, once the divorce was finalized and child support locked in — she dumped the boyfriend. This dude has 5 DUI’s, By the age of 33 and did a stint in Huntsville prison. One of the worst in the country (yes you read that correctly). And the TX judge let my kids stay living with this chump! Don’t ever tell me court systems are fair. They just don’t want to pay for the woman and children. That’s all they care about.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

MGTOW is not hating woman. It is understanding that the majority of relationship dynamics are fu##ed. But yes, there is a large breed of women that their sole intentions are to see how much they can bleed a man dry. Maybe it is more in the US. I don’t know. All I know is, I live in the US, and it’s fu##ed here. I never tell woman that I own a wine tour business. They would cling on me like white on rice.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

The court systems are not fair if you're male, and anyone that says otherwise is either lucky enough to not have had to deal with it, or just happened to have it in their favor. A woman has to be REALLY bad for the court to really award the children to the father, or the father just has to have a #load of money with a good lawyer. The only reason my brother got custody of his kids is because his ex had warrants in multiple counties, so she didn't even show up for court.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: peck420

Gosh, I guess it's just not a thing I've experienced in my social circles, got a really strong tribe of people who work massively well with each other, male and female. Maybe a good hundred or so hard core key people, all from 90's rave/free party days to be honest, and if you include our offspring who are now adults it's in the hundreds.
I can't imagine wanting to join some male orientated group, but if it helps some folk then I say good luck.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

God I wish my ex would have had these egregious acts on her record. Her personality is criminal, just no legal documentation of it. She has my kids brainwashed into believing it’s their job to make her happy, and not the other way around. What kind of mother is that...

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Bloody hell mate, sounds like a horror story!
Must be really hard at times in your life, I'm good friends with every ex of mine, and mother of my child is my most trusted and loved, even though we've been divorced since 2001.
I go out with loads of ex's or round their place and share a bottle of wine and some cooked food, just seems so natural to me, but again, cultural differences, my world here may as well be on Pluto how it differs.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

This will probably come off as just an exception to you, but I was married for 18 years, had two children -- a boy and a girl -- and won custody in my divorce. In fact, it's semi-documented here in another thread.

I didn't lose everything or even half of everything and I don't pay my ex any support or alimony. My daughter graduated HS, stuck to her guns and found a job as an illustrator in Phoenix. My son is 16 and is thriving in a school with a heavy engineering focus.

Women aren't some evil "other." They are people with hopes, dreams, fears, and needs -- the same as any man. Treat them that way and keep the lines of communication clear. Things generally work out ok.

The problem with MGTOW men is the classic "human" problem. They mistake the personal for the universal and act accordingly. It is a strategy -- like pulling a bucket from the same poisoned well -- that is guaranteed to produce the same result, over and over.

See also: you are the company you keep.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Oh yeah, I haven’t even said the worst of everything. It would take me days to write it all out. And yes, after all of it, she wants to be friends with me. “It’s all in the past” is her favorite phrase. I’m sorry, I live it every day. CRAZY PILLS!!!

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I think it's more of a city thing and the bigger the cities the bigger the problems (as usual)

At some point people are going to realise we are not meant to live in hives, then i think many of our problems will reduce as people actually get some 'space' again.

Think about travelling to London and how exponentially busier and stressed things get as you get closer.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: johnb

You could be right here. Simplicity is best. City people do tend to be more complicated. I have always lived in big cities.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

the whole idea that the kids should always be awarded to the mother is wrong, I'll agree with you on that one. but, while they are automatically assuming that it should be the man's responsibility to provide support, they are also automatically assuming that the mother should be held responsible for all the rest that is required to raise those kids... which by the was is going to interfere with her earning potential greatly. I would venture to guess that there are many men that if they were to be given custody of the children would find themselves just as inadequate and needy as you seem to think the women are.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Yeah, it just seems like it wouldn't be worth the effort at my age. Not saying that I would never find someone else again, I just wouldn't be an active participant in the market. I could see parts of the MGTOW philosophy about continued self improvement being a good thing, however I can't say that I've looked into it very much.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You have obviously never been through a divorce / custody battle. I hope you never have to. Of coarse, your convictions make me wonder if it’s in your future. I once was very convicted on this topic. Look what happened to me....

You don't know me or my convictions and I'd advise you not to speak about them.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join