It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Roseanne' Canceled at ABC Following Racist Tweet

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Yeah well. Talk to me when you're not a white male.

...and there's another large piece of the problem. :rolleyes: So tell me, why is your racist misandry acceptable, but any hint of bigotry, hatred, unacceptance, or even marginal beef from someone else creates a giant pool of rage sweat at your feet? Seems hypocritical, but maybe I'm alone in that assessment.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Our parents and grandparents taught us that making racist remarks isn't nice. I guess they were being pretty silly and hypocritical.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Please cancel Bill Nye now.

Also cancel SNL

My point is simply this. If either of these videos were directed against people of color instead of white people, it would have ended 2 careers. Its a double standard and it needs to end. I am not defending what Rosanne did, it was wrong, but so is allowing this to go on and ignoring it. If we are going to not tolerate one kind of racism we shouldn't tolerate this kind of racism either.
edit on 30-5-2018 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: angeldoll
Yeah well. Talk to me when you're not a white male.

...and there's another large piece of the problem. :rolleyes: So tell me, why is your racist misandry acceptable, but any hint of bigotry, hatred, unacceptance, or even marginal beef from someone else creates a giant pool of rage sweat at your feet? Seems hypocritical, but maybe I'm alone in that assessment.

I think you would do better to consult world/U.S. history, than ask me that question. I mean GOD, if you have to ask....

(whew, I sho have riled up the racists on this thread.)

Buckle up Buttercup, and calm down.

You think what she said was okay. I don't, and I think she got her just dessert.

You have a nice day.
edit on 5/30/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Hypocritical it is... save your excuses, we've heard them ad nauseum.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

Our parents and grandparents taught us that making racist remarks isn't nice. I guess they were being pretty silly and hypocritical.

The point seems missed....

My grandparents taught me to remove the plank from my eye before pointing out the sawdust in others. Thats the gist of burds post. Why are white males being singled out in her post decrying racism?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Hypocritical it is... save your excuses, we've heard them ad nauseum.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

As I've already stated numerous times in this discussion, racism is in the eyes of the listener, especially in a case like this, devoid of slurs and directed at an individual only. Let's be honest with ourselves, what we're seeing today called "racism" is WAAAAYYYYY down the ladder from the real racism our grandparent's and parent's generations saw leading to and during the civil rights era. What do you suppose a black man who had just had a firehose and German Shepard turned on him would say if someone jumped in a time machine to tell him about how some idiot's feelings were hurt when a woman said she looked like an ape from a popular movie? I'm gonna take a wild guess laughter and head shaking would be a large part of the response.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

FWIW, I'm not riled. This is me normally. I don't get riled unless my money or my guns are involved and then there's no speculating on whether I'm riled or not. You too have a nice day.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

White people have not really experienced racism except possibility in Japan and Africa or whatever. Asians, Mexicans and black people have. That's basically the sore spot here.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

White people have not really experienced racism except possibility in Japan and Africa or whatever. Asians, Mexicans and black people have. That's basically the sore spot here.

What a load of BS.

So basically every race in the world except whites?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Firing her is proof freedom of speech is dead. Sure you can say what you want, but you’ll be punished and that isn’t freedom imo.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

What a load of BS.

So basically every race in the world except whites?

We're talking about experience. If you're white then have you experienced racism in something like workplace?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onceagain
Firing her is proof freedom of speech is dead. Sure you can say what you want, but you’ll be punished and that isn’t freedom imo.

You are not free from consequences. And freedom of speech is not dead. It's alive and well as per the First Amendment.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Well, rub some butthurt cream on the spot, shake it off, and realize EVERYBODY has had this world snip down their neck at one time or another. Tell the Irish immigrants racism against whites didn't exist... Tell Reginald Denny crimes against whites aren't racially motivated. Tell the Germans who had to change their names when the First World War broke out that whites aren't victims of racism in the US. How about the half a million German Americans the Justice Department rounded up to investigate for being spies or sympathetic to Germany? How about the German Americans and American spouses interned in camps by the US during WWII? Tell the Polish people that racism against whites is unheard of, but please ignore the fact that this country had more stereotypically insulting and slurred Polish jokes than it ever did black jokes. Tell the 19 Italians lynched together in New Orleans in the 1890s that whites haven't experienced racism in the US. While you're at it, talk to all the white Catholic Americans who were assaulted by the Ku Klux Klan for many years. Have you ever considered what it would have been like to be a Russian American during the Cold War? It sure wasn't fun... even if you weren't Russian but had a Baltic or Finnic ancestry, you were essentially treated like a spy or commie sympathizer, regardless of your status as a lily white individual.

So your sentiment is bull#, lacking in any historical accuracy or understanding.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I have a very strong feeling that some posters on this board are not here because of their interest in conspiracies and the like.

Almost like they getting paid to push forth an agenda.

Bots if you will.

edit on 30-5-2018 by SKEPTEK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Valerie Jarrett does look like planet of the apes character. I’m sure they have been looking for a reason to fire her anyways is what it looks like.

The left is cheering for abc firing Roseanne not because they really give two damms about racism, just because they loathe trump supporters.

Trump should come out and say he supports the decision to fire Roseanne and then watch the libtards turn around and defend her.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

That's a very long and nice rant. LOL. Feel better now?
I understand that people are too butthurt over little things. We just have to be careful with what we say. Try insulting your boss and tell him not to be butthurt about it and see what happens.
Personally I couldn't care less what Roseanne says. It's her shtick. But I understand the reason for cancelling the show.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

The left is cheering for abc firing Roseanne

Yeah I'm really cheering for that since you know me so much.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Try insulting your boss and tell him not to be butthurt about it and see what happens.

Well duh... unless you're saying Valerie Jarrett was Roseanne's actual boss... which, granted, would be an appropriate assumption of sorts considering who runs the media conglomerates. Hmmmm... ponderous.

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join