It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racial resentment may be fueling climate denial, study finds

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I also don’t think obama being black was the problem for the TPTB..

I think the fact obama won like a rockstar by a county mile scared them into pulling out all the stops because they were afraid they might never win another election.

I think this lead to them embracing the racists and conspiracy theorists as a counter to Obama’s massive coalition from his first term.

They threw everything at the wall to see what stuck and worse the gop bigwigs pretended like all the racist and conspiracy theories were credible.

This created an environment where they had vilified obama to the point they could no longer compromise..

How do you tell your base you met in the middle with the anti-Christ?!?! Lol

You can’t..

So they started with trumped up charges that would be CONSTANTLY investigated by gop led congressional committees that would quietly find no wrong doing..

The thing is the gop has 2 choices after they have been sold a story about how obama/hillary commuted all these felonies against America and the gop keeps finding no wrong doing....

1) they could realize that the entire thing was nonsense from the start...

2) they believe the gop establishment is “in on it” and protecting them..

Well they all took option A and the gop has been eating themselves ever since they took power.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Modern conservatism doesn’t work unless you believe in logistically laughable conspiracy theories..

Lol. Very well then. Modern Progressivism doesn't work unless you believe that money is provided by magical fairies

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I keep coming back to this thread and shaking my head.

All I can really think of is Kanye West standing on stage during the Katrina benefit baldly saying, "George Bush doesn't care about black people." on live TV.

Yeah, this whole supposition is sort of like that ...

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

Money is provided by “magical fairies “?!?!

That is the definition of fiat money.. you are printing it out of thin air with no tangible backing..

Money is not real..

Labor, materials and know how are real..

Well that or a military able to take whatever labor, materials and know how you might need..

edit on 26-5-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Though I don’t really agree with the analysis, when the current president spent obama’s Whole term leading the birther movement. THEN WAS ELECTED PRESIDENT by the same republicans who are climate change deniers. It isn’t exactly a crazy stretch either , now is it?
edit on 26-5-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Money is provided by “magical fairies “?!?!

That is the definition of fiat money.. you are printing it out of thin air with no tangible backing..

This is true. I will give you that. However you cannot live on Fiat money printing forever. One day reality will hit and we will be in for a world of hurt. It's gonna be pretty hard to pull $21 trillion out of our rear ends. That's like $214,000 per US citizen and it goes up daily. Add in free college, free healthcare, etc and it's just going to just go up faster. Add on to that all the state, county, and city debt. It's a pretty ugly picture. But keep dreaming.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Labor, material and know how may be real, but if those things are your only medium of exchange, you are talking about a straight up barter system.

Money is the representation of your labor or material or skill that you use to carry with you to purchase things.

Otherwise, you may be a very talented scribe and that skill is worth quite a bit, but it's only worth something to the right people. That guy who has the chicken you need for dinner? You scribe is worth eff-all to him, and without money, you're up a creek for finding a way to exchange your skill directly for his chicken as your skill has zero worth to him.

This is why we created money. So he knows you have value even if it's not to him, and thus, you can use the money to purchase his chicken. He takes the money which is the representation of your scribe skill's value off to buy what he does need from others who trust that it is backed with real value.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Except for we never will have to pay our deficit..

Say tomorrow China decides “hey we want all our money owed in gold” and we don’t actually have it..

Will we give , say Alaska to China to squash the debt??

No..

We will tell them “too bad . So sad. Tony soprano only pays you what he owes you if he feels like it.”..

The fact we have the biggest military in the world Times 10 means we are tony soprano..

And we only pay up if we feel like it.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I’m not saying we should stop using money...

Obviously it beats carrying around a pocket full of chickens. Lol

On the micro/citizen level scale money matters, but not on a nation state scale..

When you are talking about debts between countries and deficits. Those only matter if the lender has the military might to demand repayment.

No country has more military might than we do.

That means we have traded tangible goods and services to China in exchange for promissory notes we will never actually pay.

That sounds like chinas problem not ours , to me.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

On the micro/citizen level scale money matters, but not on a nation state scale..

When you are talking about debts between countries and deficits. Those only matter if the lender has the military might to demand repayment.

That means we have traded tangible goods and services to China in exchange for promissory notes we will never actually pay.

I feel like I understand your logic much better from the past 2 posts. So basically Progressivism is awesome as long as you have the military might and don't mind stealing from other countries to pay for your free stuff.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I feel like I understand your logic much better from the past 2 posts. So basically what you are saying is that Progressivism is awesome as long as you have the military might and don't mind stealing from other countries to pay for your free stuff. Typical leftist thinking... Let's take someone else's stuff so I can get my free stuff.
edit on 26-5-2018 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

LOL this is some comedy and desperate at that.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
I really don't think racism plays much of a role here, nor in the subject of having a dislike of Obama.

Really, the most consistent factor seems to be acceptance of AGW among Statists (what many call "liberals"). Beyond that, its pretty hard to predict. The right, moderates, centrists, etc. all seem pretty tough to accurately predict stance on this topic.

As a liberal, I absolutely question the extent of our impact in the provided scenarios. Even so, I think there are a plethora of things we can do that would minimize our species environmental impact and that everyone can get behind.

I have absolutely NO confidence that the answer is in taxes, bickering on the internet, or things like the Paris Climate Accords.

I think the key lies in providing technologies and processes that transcend political ideology. There are an enormous amount of effective avenues that everyone can get behind (and even get excited about), but they don't include taxes, donations, converting nonbelievers, or dubious agreements.

I agree. I could get behind some local reforestation projects that the public could be a part of, or some recycling functionality that made that process easier, thus promoting it over trashing everything. Both would help with reducing Co2 output and don't require a belief in any entity or idea. It's just smart to do.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Shaky correlation at best I think.

Bottom line is that not just white people, a lot of people in general are still really racist, and really, really stupid.

The former is a product of the latter. The latter explains outright denial and also, outright acceptance of man made, immediately concerning climate change. It's still a field of study that needs further investigation to draw more solid conclusions. However, risking bets on your planetary environment and habitability seems, to me, like some form of retardation.

edit on 5262018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro

Shaky correlation at best I think.

Bottom line is that not just white people, a lot of people in general are still really racist, and really, really stupid.

The former is a product of the latter. The latter explains outright denial and also, acceptance of climate change. It's still a field of study that needs further investigation to draw more solid conclusions. However, risking bets on your planetary environment and habitability seems, to me, like some form of retardation.

So the scientists themselves say temps willl rise 4 degrees over the next hundred years. I really don't think 4 degrees Fahrenheit is going to make the planet uninhabitable by humans. It's only 4 freaking degrees.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I would say folks realized that Obama was only after destroying the US
Personally legislating the coal and others nearly out of business
Then , personally donating billions of our tax dollars to failing "green energy" companies that he knew would fall anyway.
That was the plan
The UN plan.
Drive the US down the toilet

Folks started realizing what was happening. Some more so than others . But all are coming to that realization.
We elected Obama because he was unique . In the hopes he would be anti-establishment.
Boy , did we have him pegged wrong.

Years from now , when Obama's legacy has been destroyed and the US rebuilt , Obama's Presidency will be a running joke.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

As I stated, i think it is a field of study that needs more research done to come to accurate conclusions and projections, although Im happy to look at the source for your scientific claim.

My comment about taking unnecessary risks with regard to your planetary environment and habitability as being retarded however, stands firmly. I shouldn't have to explain why concern about the plantary environment and habitability is of greater importance than the importance of economic profitability and production by oil companies and other companies generating or assisting in the generation of pollution and proven environmental toxins.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Double post

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro
a reply to: [post=23436244]MRinderI shouldn't have to explain why concern about the plantary environment and habitability is of greater importance than the importance of economic profitability and production by oil companies and other companies generating or assisting in the generation of pollution and proven environmental toxins.

Of course you should have to explain it because frankly it's kind of a retarded statement. Economic profitability is a necessity for the world to function. You still need to heat and power the world. There are 8 billion people on the planet they have to eat, get to work, stay warm in the winter. Would you prefer 8 billion people burn every tree in the planet to stay warm. Fossil fuels are a necessity until some better technology is created. Solar isn't there yet and probably never will be.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Okay how's this?

If the environment becomes uninhabitable, we're all dead, and your entire statement becomes null.

Feel free to provide your 4 degrees "scientists say so" source.

edit on 5262018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join