It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Cryptid sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I wanted to run this by the possible experts, I was driving to get lunch through a wildlife management area near Palm Beach yesterday about noon.The western side of the county is very remote and borders the everglades, lots of swamps and stands of forest out there. In the particular area I was driving, one side of the road was swamp, the other wooded. It was an overcast day but bright and decent visibility. Very suddenly an animal ran across the road in front of me maybe 100 feet ahead of my car, that was dog like, didn't seem to have hair on its body, short tail, large muzzle, seemed to be grayish in color. I just saw it briefly, didn't have time to get a pic, it just darted across the road from the swampy side to the wooded side very quickly. My first thought was a coyote with mange, we do have coyotes in this part of Florida, but the tail was unusually short and the muzzle was larger than a coyote, and it seemed large for a dog. In general it was very strange looking and the experience was kind of creepy. I am wondering if anyone has seen something like this.
edit on 25-5-2018 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

I was lucky enough to help rescue some pit bull puppies that had been thrown out on the side of the road yesterday. of the 6, 4 of them were in bad shape with fleas and ticks, and what looked like mange. Little to no hair, blisters on the feet and back, and very malnourished. the way they looked, we joked about them being baby chubacabrays.

Cute puppies if anyone in my area wants one. Harnett County Animal shelter in LIllington, NC.

Tell them Mosquito Joe sent you.
edit on 25-5-2018 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

You might try looking up hairless animals, they are pretty weird without hair.
Bear

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011 I wanted to run this by the possible experts, I was driving to get lunch through a wildlife management area near Palm Beach yesterday about noon.The western side of the county is very remote and borders the everglades, lots of swamps and stands of forest out there. In the particular area I was driving, one side of the road was swamp, the other wooded. It was an overcast day but bright and decent visibility. Very suddenly an animal ran across the road in front of me maybe 100 feet ahead of my car, that was dog like, didn't seem to have hair on its body, short tail, large muzzle, seemed to be grayish in color. I just saw it briefly, didn't have time to get a pic, it just darted across the road from the swampy side to the wooded side very quickly. My first thought was a coyote with mange, we do have coyotes in this part of Florida, but the tail was unusually short and the muzzle was larger than a coyote, and it seemed large for a dog. In general it was very strange looking and the experience was kind of creepy. I am wondering if anyone has seen something like this.

Did it look like this?

edit on 25-5-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
it sucks they shot the wolf...

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Wild pig?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

THATS IT! Is that a wolf?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011

THATS IT! Is that a wolf?

Texas chupacabre
It's the only known stuffed remains of what they are calling the Texas Chupacabre. This totally unknown species was found dead hit by a car in Texas by a veterinarian, here's a link to a video and the story of the find. Also, there have been Texas police cam video of another one that they couldn't catch, it could run 45 MPH for quite a ways and ducked under a fence and was out of sight. There have been several of this same but unidentified species. DNA test weren't completely successful, but it has coyote and Mexican wolf in it, but the blue eyes and pads on the hind legs is anomalous, and no known canine species on the planet has the pads on the upper hind legs like this one.

I bet the veterinarian that found this and tested it would be interested in your sighting in Florida.

They call it the Texas chupacabre because it makes kills and drains the blood but doesn't eat the meat from it's prey, mostly chickens. It doesn't resemble the original reports in Puerto Rico of that "Chupacabre" though.
And you spotted one in Florida, that is amazing. They are multiplying and spreading it seems.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Wow, now I am creeped out. This thing was also fast, it went from one side of the road to the woods, probably about 45 feet, in about 3 seconds. Definitely that looks a lot like what I saw, but honestly I only saw it for a very short time, but that definitely looks a lot like it.
edit on 25-5-2018 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Dog men have apparently been seen running on all fours and switching to two legs flawlessly. Perhaps it's one of those things that the Montana rancher shot the other day? Some sort of coyote + german shepherd hybrid?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

actually they tested it I believe it was dog family with mange........

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

actually they tested it I believe it was dog family with mange........

Nope, not the one I mentioned in those pictures I posted. No infection of mange, the skin was hairless and totally healthy.

But yes the DNA test although not complete, showed coyote on the maternal side and Mexican wolf on the other.

The issue is that it has physical characteristics not found on either coyote or wolf, but I have heard of other reports of mange dogs mistaken for some cryptid....

edit on 25-5-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join