It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of Utah "Cry Closet" lets students "just let it all out" during finals

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

originally posted by: Elton

originally posted by: underpass61
a reply to: Elton

So it's "artistic" crying? That explains it.

It is an art exhibit by an art student. Often artists attempt to mirror society. I guess I just don't see her project as anything but an art display. I certainly don't get offended or angry when a student does some work. Even if I think it is silly or nonsensical.

YMMV.

Lol what the # kind of art is a crying closet?

I don't know but if I ever see one, I'll know where to fart.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jiggly
christ... generation of pussies....

im glad they werent the ones fighting in ww2

What the entire generation???

Well am glad it wasn’t your generation fighting World War Two because if that comment represents you’re entire generation the way you think a cry closest represents another entire generation then it would have been lost through sheer stupidity.
edit on 22-5-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Back in my day we did this thing. It's not done any more, I think it's been outlawed in most places and frowned upon in the rest.

It was what we did when faced with tests and exams.

You might want to google translate the word since it's not used in the English lexicon any longer.

It's called, . . . . wait for it. . . .

Wait for it. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Studying.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You studied.... nerd!!!

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Seems like a lot of universities should use the term "cry campus" Because the whole campus seems to want to cry about something
Our future leaders need a cry closet....doesnt sound to promising does it?
Will they start putting them in the work place? Maybe they should install one in the capital building maybe even the white house.
Hillary Clinton probably has been in hers a lot for awhile now.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: DBCowboy

You studied.... nerd!!!

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
This is completely acceptable.

-in preschool

Jesus, they are building an army of man-ginas and coddling emotion-based problem solving.

Disgusting.

Parents need to start demanding refunds for tuition.

edit on 5 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Congratulations, you just made a thread for people to whine and get all crybaby about someone doing something they don't even understand.

See your disconnect?

Talk about snowflakes....sad, really really sad many people tell me!!

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Problem is we were TAUGHT to be this way and it is reinforced every day. Also you just contradicted yourself. It is absolutely a matter of perspective. Deal with it. a reply to: underpass61

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
You want to cry...I'll give you something to cry about... Boy I miss the good old days...

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomy327
Problem is we were TAUGHT to be this way and it is reinforced every day. Also you just contradicted yourself. It is absolutely a matter of perspective. Deal with it. a reply to: underpass61

So... not your fault you react the way you do. Interesting perspective.
edit on 5 22 2018 by underpass61 because: fixed

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

University of Utah "Cry Closet" lets students "just let it all out" during finals

God forbid they just do it the old fashioned way.

I recommend a stiff shot and vigorous sex. Still stressed? Repeat as needed.
Tell'em Dr Dave sent ya.
edit on 22-5-2018 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
This is completely acceptable.

-in preschool

Jesus, they are building an army of man-ginas and coddling emotion-based problem solving.

Disgusting.

Parents need to start demanding refunds for tuition.

This is really good news...

I teach my kids that life is hard with no free rides, so you better prepare to blame only yourself for your successes and failures, and success does not come without a lot of perseverance and tenacity on your part.

I also tell them it is great that their competition in life are weak minded snivelers... I also tell them that pot smoking is good and hopefully the people that would give them the most competition for a job decide to just sit around and smoke pot instead... The world is looking much better for my kids every day.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

I recommend a stiff shot and vigorous sex. Still stressed? Repeat as needed.
Tell'em Dr Dave sent ya.

I like the sex first then the shot...

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Things are changing now... so very many of us now are in a position where primary schooling has failed us. We have no idea what we want to do, and are pressured into going to college. Then, we go to a school that is run like a business, the college doesn't care about us, the media is polarizing and forced onto us at every turn. Our political situation is an absolute disaster. The only food many of can afford is unhealthy and the school itself is filled with Panda Express and Carls junior, etc.. There was a damn giant McDonalds double arch sitting back above the speakers during our graduation.

We spend most of our time learning about the immense problems our generation faces and how we need to come up with a way to fix it. Yet many of us are still stuck in a grade school mentality, sitting here thinking, "wait... you never taught us how to live "real" life in the first place. I don't know how to do my taxes but somehow my generation is supposed to save the world? Huh". If you aren't blessed enough to have the tools to take control of your life, you are very much screwed. Problem is, we aren't ever given these tools or taught how to use them unless we are lucky, smart, or blessed, etc..

I'm sure not everyone has this experience but everyone around me,personally, has. On top of everything kids are given iPhones in grade school now. When they become older they will be utterly addicted to screens and will be inseparable from them.

It's hard not to have crippling anxiety when all of this is going on and then you have to memorize and regurgitate chemical equations so you can pass a test that has no bearing on what you actually learned about the subject.

Obviously I should not have gone to a state college, but this is where most students go.

a reply to: dug88

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

You know we did this, but it was more like sucking it up all through finals and then everyone pooled whatever was left in the liquor cabinet when we were all done.

Then, we let it all out. I don't recall tears though ... of course, I'm not sure how much of it I recalled.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
You want to cry...I'll give you something to cry about... Boy I miss the good old days...

One of my dad's favorites. Also, his universal problem solver, "SNAP OUT OF IT!" Worked every time. We were a far safer, stronger, and more prosperous country too - go figure.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomy327

the college doesn't care about us, the media is polarizing and forced onto us at every turn. Our political situation is an absolute disaster. The only food many of can afford is unhealthy and the school itself is filled with Panda Express and Carls junior, etc.. There was a damn giant McDonalds double arch sitting back above the speakers during our graduation.

I honestly don't mean this in a smartass way, but... welcome to the real world.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Try again. I don't think you quite managed to read a single word I wrote there.

If you teach a kid to quit when he/she faces adversary, what do you think the kid is gonna do.

Furthermore, it's a matter of perspective. YOU brought that up and somehow dont even actually understand the concept. To these people this # is very much something to cry over because of the perspective they have, that they were given, that they were taught.

I just don't think equating "it's not your fault to react the way you do"..... to insulting damaged kids for doing something completely legitimate that they are doing as a result of what's going on around them.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomy327

Stop worrying about the world and start focusing on yourself.

Unless you can take care of you, then you can't start trying to fix everything else.

And if you can read and look things up on the internet with your fancy iPhone, then some of those things you complain no one taught you can be self-taught.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join