It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent rapid 6 month rise in gasoline prices - Why and what do you pay in your area?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

$3.50 and rising, especially with summer coming. I should look into buying a Tesla or a hybrid. Sick and tired of gas prices.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Chicago Suburbs - $3.05 for Reg Unleaded.

REASONS FOR INCREASE: The Usual Summer Increase + Rising Demand + Shrinking Supply + U.S. Using Imported Oil, when it no longer has to.

$4.00 @ gallon if the U.S. doesn't begin using more of our oil, instead of sending it overseas. They do this because of Greed. Oil Co's make more $$ by selling it overseas, than by selling it to U.S. Refineries.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Oil refineries and distributors pushing out the prime summer fuel. Prepping for vacation time.We did just get a hefty tax cut . The futures speculators are betting on folks using that for vacation.

Except, petrol prices are currently rising in Australia right now as well... Their actually predicting prices might soon hit a 4 year high.

So maybe its more about global supply, than local market manipulation.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   

$2.97 here in Vermont... I pay it because I have to with the commute.

I believe oil is abiotic and something that is created within the earth, not biotic like most of the "experts" out there will tell you

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Oil refineries and distributors pushing out the prime summer fuel. Prepping for vacation time.We did just get a hefty tax cut . The futures speculators are betting on folks using that for vacation.

Except, petrol prices are currently rising in Australia right now as well... Their actually predicting prices might soon hit a 4 year high.

I suspect greedy profiteering is the likely reason... I love my landcruiser, but prices at the pump may force me to buy something with much better fuel economy....

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Speculators speculate, thats what they do...
Do you have private distributors in Australia ? Or is the distribution state ran ?
Isnt there also a carbon tax in Australia ?
Feel the burn , yet ? (pardon the double entendre)

edit on 5/19/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Sounds like the oil companies are not only fracking the land but their customers as well.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   

The gas spike is probably to pay for the royal wedding.

edit on 19-5-2018 by CosmicAwakening because: (no reason given)

2.95-3.00 here NE US
edit on 19-5-2018 by CosmicAwakening because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

$2.97 here in Vermont... I pay it because I have to with the commute.

I believe oil is abiotic and something that is created within the earth, not biotic like most of the "experts" out there will tell you

Please explain in detail this abiotic theory.
I'm curious not facetious.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Do you have private distributors in Australia ? Or is the distribution state ran ?

All private distribution, Caltex and Shell (or whatever they are called now).

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Their all private distributors and we did have a carbon tax for a short while, but it was repealed...

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

It's gone up at least 30cents in my area and is still climbing.

A few pennies a day....

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Shell Oil X president says 4.00$ with a barrel of oil going back to triple digits all within the next year and a half..

The last three years with prices so low there was no investment to drill therefore the oil glut has disappeared..
youtu.be...

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

It's Complicated , but the Iran Nuclear Deal being Scrapped by President Trump has effected the World Markets . Uncertainty is Driving Up the Price Right Now .

" What Trump’s decision on Iran nuclear deal means for oil prices "

The rising price of uncertainty has rippled through international crude oil markets as well. The price of West Texas Intermediate crude topped $70 a barrel Monday for the first time since 2014 amid fears that renewed U.S. sanctions would require international companies to buy less Iranian oil or face stiff penalties.

Oil experts estimate that renewed sanctions could take about 350,000 to 500,000 barrels a day of Iranian crude off world markets within months, a modest but meaningful amount. And more could be at risk later, potentially adding $7 a barrel to world prices, a Goldman Sachs report to investors said. Iran exports about 2.6 million barrels a day.

www.washingtonpost.com... 9fe3ca4c_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.b0ba31c3a965

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Gas went up to 151 yen per liter today. Not sure what that is per gallon, but food prices will go up in the next 90 days. Smaller packages for potato chips, already at 46 gm per bag for 60 yen.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   
High ethanol content gasoline blends are what is coming to stations across the US as the future fuel.

Newer engine designs are coming online that take advantage of it. There are a number of benefits to it as a fuel, but in volumetric terms, it does take "more" ethanol to combust than gasoline.

However, to make better comparisons, people should get used to thinking in "pennies per miles" instead of mpg. I bought E85 for about 20% less than 87 octane gas. Sure it gets 10% less mpg, but because of it's high 105-110 octane and the evaporative cooling effect of alcohol, I get 30-40% more power with the right tune. It's like race gas for the price of regular.

There will be E blends across the board, not just E10, E15 and E85 like we have now. I usually just spike my gas with a jug of E85, it's still hard to get in my state. But states that have it well distributed, like FL, it's an excellent choice if you have the right engine and tune. I would not buy a car that wasn't Flex Fuel compatible. I still use it as an additive in my normal cars, it cleans out the systems like CRAZY.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   
$2.14 in NZ. How's that for a rort.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Well over $4 a gallon where I live, for regular. That's on the Big Island of Hawaii.

Some cruise ships have stopped coming here due to the "adverse conditions," though it's been sunny and nice. Maybe the ships that bring the gas out here are afraid and charging extra for the trip?

Seriously though, we've always gotten screwed on gas out here. Apparently not like some other posters in Australia, but as far as America goes, we're probably the most expensive.

Makes it hard to dodge all this lava.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: VariableConstant
Well over $4 a gallon where I live, for regular. That's on the Big Island of Hawaii.

Some cruise ships have stopped coming here due to the "adverse conditions," though it's been sunny and nice. Maybe the ships that bring the gas out here are afraid and charging extra for the trip?

Seriously though, we've always gotten screwed on gas out here. Apparently not like some other posters in Australia, but as far as America goes, we're probably the most expensive.

Makes it hard to dodge all this lava.

Do you have a bicycle handy. Maybe a few of them.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Was 2460 per 100 liquid cubits, now its 3950.
So, doing the various maths and converting it to US dollars, that comes to .00075 per ML, or roughly $2.85 per gallon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join