It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter in Texas School Near Galveston Sante Fe TX

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
a reply to: TinfoilTP

to be clear this thread is about the shooting at santa fe high school in galveston texas.... one person in custody and another detained...10 people now dead...gunman tossed something in a classroom so they are doing a sweep for explosives

www.dailymail.co.uk...

As someone living 10 miles from the shooting I feel the need to correct your report:
The shooting took place in Santa Fe Texas which is not in Galveston Texas. Perhaps the confusion comes from both cities being in Galveston county.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
You do realize this is a completely different school in a completely different district?

Uh, we are talking about the school shooting this morning at Santa Fe High School in Santa Fe, TEXAS (near Galveston), aren't we?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: howtonhawky

Yes. You must go to school, where if you're one of the lucky ones, a pack of feral humans will descend upon you to inform you that you are not welcome. The "reasons" don't matter.

...and, if you're even luckier, that pack of feral humans will be members of socially prominent families who can intimidate others into ignoring or brushing off the aberrant behavior of said feral humans as "boys will be boys". Or, the teachers and admins, just plain don't give a rip.

If you're truly lucky, you manage to survive it like I did with a minimum of scarring, though they're still there. But then some of them do snap... With results that are all too obvious.

Bullying isn't the only reason, but in all too many cases it's involved, I dare say the majority.

Right on!! The gun debating, the political baiting, the left did it, the right did it,
it is all a moot point when you boil down this very great post to WHERE THE ISSUE IS!!
Bullying most in all these cases the kid's and teens have snapped. Online cyber bullying
is like an emotional gun to these at risk teens who then get a real gun and snap
on the people who have been viciously attacked and attacked and attacked them, Until that is it.
edit on 18-5-2018 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
You do realize this is a completely different school in a completely different district?

Uh, we are talking about the school shooting this morning at Santa Fe High School in Santa Fe, TEXAS (near Galveston), aren't we?

I believe that was in response to a posted link to a drill at another school, maybe Texas City.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Another oddity. Ten weeks ago there was a school shooting scare at that very school:

www.click2houston.com...
Posted: February 28, 2018
At approximately 12:30 p.m. today, Santa Fe High School was placed on lockdown as a precautionary measure as a result of a report of popping sounds thought to be gun shots heard outside the school and in the area.

Hmmm.... But I guess everyone will call it coincidence.
edit on 18-5-2018 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
thanks for correcting me santa fe texas in galveston county........last count 10 dead

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife

originally posted by: research100
a reply to: TinfoilTP

to be clear this thread is about the shooting at santa fe high school in galveston texas.... one person in custody and another detained...10 people now dead...gunman tossed something in a classroom so they are doing a sweep for explosives

www.dailymail.co.uk...

As someone living 10 miles from the shooting I feel the need to correct your report:
The shooting took place in Santa Fe Texas which is not in Galveston Texas. Perhaps the confusion comes from both cities being in Galveston county.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I believe that was in response to a posted link to a drill at another school, maybe Texas City.

Yeah, another high school in Galveston County. So.... those cops were READY.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

The most common denominator is drugs. In almost every case the shooter was on some form of medication, they stopped and there was in incident. If he was bullied and if there was interaction from the parents I bet he was.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

But kids get bullied all over the world and do not go nuts and kill other kids.
Is it ease of access to guns? Or has the school shooter cemented itself into American culture and for some sick reason ill kids want to copycat others?.
If it happened all over I would agree bullying is a main cause.
I dunno the answers just attempting to understand why.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

seems shooter was either white or white hispanic looking dude named demetrius could be greek based on last name?

abc13.com...

SANTA FE, Texas (KTRK) -- Authorities tell Eyewitness News that 17-year-old Dimitrios Pagourtzis was the gunman in the deadly shooting that unfolded Friday morning inside Santa Fe High School. Pagourtzis was arrested, and authorities say he is a student at the high school. The school went on lockdown at 8 a.m. shortly after reports of shots being fired on campus. Between eight to 10 people were killed. Authorities have not given a specific number on the amount of injuries. A person of interest has also been detained. Bomb technicians were at a home in Galveston County about four miles away from the scene of the shooting.
suposedly bombs found at the school and possibly other areas

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Radical white nationalist terrorism.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: olaru12
Amazing...the bodies aren't even cold and the right wing is already trying to make political points.

This was the first political point attempted to be made in the thread and it wasn't right leaning. You need to get over yourself.

Sorry, I forgot to include the link.

www.rawstory.com...

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: bender151

It is alot deeper then that. Wasn't there a school shooting in texas the other day that was thwarted. Maybe this shooting was "them" trying again. By them i mean that there is someone or somthing behind alot of these shootings. Maybe mk ultra or demon possession or something.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
So we have:
1. Guns are the problem
2. Pharmaceuticals are the problem
3. The media is the problem

When do we get around to blaming the killers?

Damn, again agreeing with you. Spooky.

It's a very complex problem with lots of blame to go around. But until we are ready to talk sensibly about this and look at all angles, it will continue. Example would be to bring up video games. The flack you get from that, it worse than if you blame guns alone. I think with parenting being phoned in, religion being demonized, family values eroded, violence being applauded, lack of training with firearms to include proper storage, and the list goes on. All these were thought of when the question was asked,"what's different now, than in 1980?" the reason that question is relevant, is we didn't really have these issues back then, but had guns, had bad people.

But those with something invested, tend to cling to their defense and not budge on any part of the topic. (me included with guns)

At some point, we will all need to figure this out, it's a real issue, and it's primarily a US issue. (even though I hate to say it like that)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: crtrvt

So where is this group located? IS there are leader? Do we call the gang bangers in Chicago Radical Black Ghetto terrorist.
edit on Maypm31pmf0000002018-05-18T14:18:00-05:000200 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

multiple bombs and a second person who may be a suspect.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

Right on!! The gun debating, the political baiting, the left did it, the right did it, 
it is all a moot point when you boil down this very great post to WHERE THE ISSUE IS!! 
Bullying most in all these cases the kid's and teens have snapped. Online cyber bullying 
is like an emotional gun to these at risk teens who then get a real gun and snap 
on the people who have been viciously attacked and attacked and attacked them, Until that is it.

I feel you have nailed it dead on. As I write this
the police spokesman is talking about this
young shooter. He said the young man wanted
to commit suicide.

I would ask everyone to cast your judgements
to the wind for now. Do not seperate yourself
from mourning with humanity.
edit on Rpm51818v22201800000029 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Until guns are only allowed to be held by the military and law enforcement, we will continue to have numerous individual and mass shootings.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

OK, where's the political point there? He's not waving a sign around touting the 2nd amendment, he seems to be there as a local resident supporting those looking for support. By that judgement, those speaking to the media are trying to score political points by exercising their 1st Amendment rights.

Again, get over yourself.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join