It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Puts 'America First' On Hold To Save Chinese Jobs

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Actually, it’s an Indonesian facility, and the deal was well in place before Trump won the election.

No, not "in place", in negotiations. They were in negotiations during the campaign, before the election. But this news is from last week!

Jack Crowe - May 14, 2018 1:56 PM

The Chinese government is extending a $500 million loan to a state-owned construction company to build an Indonesian theme park that will feature a Trump-branded golf course and hotels.
A subsidiary of Chinese state-owned construction firm Metallurgical Corporation of China (MCC) signed a deal last week with the Indonesian firm MNC Land to build an “integrated lifestyle resort,” as part of Beijing’s global influence-expanding “Belt and Road” infrastructure initiative.
www.nationalreview.com...

Ivanka only got her Chinese trademarks around a year ago, and Trump got his almost immediately after his election. He had been trying to get them for 12 years, if I recall correctly.

edit on 14-5-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
From what I was hearing today is that the deal will include China lifting tariffs and restrictions on US agriculture in exchange for helping ZTE.

The tariffs that China put on the U. S as retaliation for trump putting tariffs on their goods?

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

From what I was hearing today is that the deal will include China lifting tariffs and restrictions on US agriculture in exchange for helping ZTE.

The tariffs that China put on the U. S as retaliation for trump putting tariffs on their goods?

To my understanding, yes.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

What a mess, it's like winning without actually winning....

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Yes, I read that BS too. Maybe...SOME of the tariffs and restrictions on US Agriculture will be lifted, but likely not all, but those tariffs China put on US Agriculture exports were not even there a few months ago until Trump started his BS on trade.

So Trump is kneeling down to China, slapping down his own Commerce Agency and saving China's spying apparatus and illegal funnel of US Technology to Iran in trade to get back maybe what? half of the US Agriculture exports to China that we had just a few months ago before trump effed it up?

THAT is the explanation he is offering?

Jesus..if this is "winning" what does losing look like????

Hell, maybe his "personal friend" President Xi offered to mail-order a few hundred Trump Steaks and that sealed the deal.

What an absolute cluster-eff.

edit on 14-5-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
www.nationalreview.com...

Shameless corruption in plain sight is the backbone of the trump administration.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Yes, in negotiation. Good point.

But it is a vast international organization and brand involved in building resorts and hotels at all times throughout its existence. That’s the nature of the business. I kind of understand the appearance of conflict of interest, but then again I know the breathless hyperventilation of the politically-motivated even more.

The Trump organization is a vast company. As you might know Trump has stepped away from it in the attempt to avoid the appearance of conflict of interest. Trump has pledged that all foreign funds made through the Trump Organization while in office is donated to the US treasury. The treasury has confirmed payment. So as much as the general consensus likes to assume the nefarious motives of the Trump family, and that the president is engaging in corruption, there is absolutely no evidence of any of it. Until then I’ll have to take these fantasies for what they are.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

You guys still have not learned how it does it. He says something 'BIG', watches people and the media run around like scared ants over 240 characters and then when he sees how people are acting he makes his final decision. Amazing how it works.

You folks are still giving Trump way, wwwaaaayyyy too much credit. Try: He does something 'STUPID', watches people and media around confused about his actions, and then based on reactions, will either carry through if the repercussions don't seem bad. Otherwise he will 'cleverly' change his mind or revise his thought process, if he realizes what he is doing is monumentally moronic.

Holy crap people.. you just need to listen Trump talk to realize he actually isn't a 4-D chess wizard Jedi. He is fumbling through his Presidency, clueless.. which is no surprise, he has no experience at all in the job. You folks saying he is just being clever make me shake my head in disbelief that anyone can honestly be that gullible.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Holy crap people.. you just need to listen Trump talk to realize he actually isn't a 4-D chess wizard Jedi. He is fumbling through his Presidency, clueless.. which is no surprise, he has no experience at all in the job. You folks saying he is just being clever make me shake my head in disbelief that anyone can honestly be that gullible.

Some in Trumps cult think he is chosen by Jesus.

www.politico.com...

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Some in Obamas cult believed that because he made so many promises, HE WAS THE MESSIAH.

Barbara Walters admits ‘we’ thought Obama was ‘the next messiah’

LOL - (some) yanks and hypocrisy, they go hand-in-hand.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

What I heard today was that the deal would include lifting all the recent tariffs/regulations, possibly some existing ones as well, and a guarantee ZTE will buy more US products.

Not sure how that is kneeling down to China as you say.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I kind of understand the appearance of conflict of interest, but then again I know the breathless hyperventilation of the politically-motivated even more.

There is more than just an appearence. There's also the timing of everything.

As you might know Trump has stepped away from it in the attempt to avoid the appearance of conflict of interest.

I don't know that he has completely stepped away from his business interests. It doesn't appear that he has. He insists that he really doesn't have to.

So as much as the general consensus likes to assume the nefarious motives of the Trump family, and that the president is engaging in corruption, there is absolutely no evidence of any of it.

Actually, there is plenty of "evidence" of violations of the Emolument Clause".

A federal judge on Thursday dismissed a pair of lawsuits claiming that President Donald Trump’s failure to divest himself of his real estate empire and other business holdings violated the Constitution’s provision banning receipt of foreign “emoluments” while in public office.
U.S. District Court Judge George Daniels ruled that the two suits were fatally flawed because the plaintiffs failed to show injury directly related to the use of Trump’s properties by foreign officials and governments.

Daniels, who sits in Manhattan and is an appointee of President Bill Clinton, also said the issue was one that Congress should police, not the courts.

www.politico.com...

So, there is evidence. But, they plaintiffs were in the wrong venue, because they failed to show "damages", and most people think violations of the Emolument Clause should be investigated by Congress.

So again, a lack of evidence isn't the problem.

edit on 14-5-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
Some in Obamas cult believed that because he made so many promises, HE WAS THE MESSIAH.

Barbara Walters admits ‘we’ thought Obama was ‘the next messiah’

LOL - (some) yanks and hypocrisy, they go hand-in-hand.

Heh, I didn't realize this was a thread about Obama...

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: soberbacchus

If the President is Really All for this , you can Bet it will somehow be a Benefit to American Workers in the Long Run . His Motivations are Never Really known to the Public until he Actually Acts ........

Did you just use the "Lord moves in mysterious ways" defense for Trump? Do you realize how crazy that sounds? Unbelievable!

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Anyone thinking at all today ?
ZTE manufactures many phones. They are shipped to the US where they meet the new tariff plan...
Yes , help them give the US money.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Anyone thinking at all today ?
ZTE manufactures many phones. They are shipped to the US where they meet the new tariff plan...

Raising taxes then losing tax payers gets you nowhere.

Keep everyone healthy and paying.

That's what makes a good business

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

They are shipped to the US where they meet the new tariff plan...

Um, no. The money comes from the people who buy the phones. That's the point, to "encourage" domestic consumption. Except it won't do that, it just makes phones cost more.

edit on 5/14/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Phage is right you know.

edit on 14-5-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

You guys still have not learned how it does it. He says something 'BIG', watches people and the media run around like scared ants over 240 characters and then when he sees how people are acting he makes his final decision. Amazing how it works.

If that were true , and I have no reason to believe it isn't, it would be awesome!

Telling the people about major decisions to gauge how the country is feeling would be the best way for the government to use social media.

In fact it should be mandatory.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

So in exchange for furthering globalism we get cheaper food.

Yay?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join